The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Mabel and Children (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f128/)
-   -   Princess Mabel and Her Future (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f128/princess-mabel-and-her-future-36133.html)

Viv 12-12-2013 06:01 PM

Princess Mabel and Her Future
 
What's the future situation of Princess Mabel expected to be like, now that she's a widow? I suppose that she'll keep a place in the royal family and that finances have been taken care of, but without her husband she's bound to fade into the background of the public stage .. or what?

viv

Empress Merel 12-12-2013 06:21 PM

My guess is that she will fade into obscurity to raise her daughters and continue her career. I think the most we'll see of her is Kingsday (Queensday), the annual skiing trip and big events like funerals/weddings etc. Her role in the family when Friso was still alive was not a big one, and she seemed content with it.

Al_bina 12-12-2013 06:31 PM

:previous:
I agree with Empress Merel's point. Princess Mabel's profile was not high while Prince Friso was alive. If she has some charitable causes, she will continue participate in them.

Marengo 12-12-2013 08:25 PM

Since she was never a member of the royal house I do not think it will change very much, also not when she may decide to remarry in the future. She will most likely continue her carreer and keep attending family events for the RF. She has been involved with one or two charities (like the Amsterdam dinner, a charity to fight AIDS), and she probibly will continue to be involved. Neither she or her husband ever received any money from the state (at present only the king, the queen and the former queen do), so also in that respect nothing will change.

COUNTESS 12-12-2013 09:09 PM

I do hope she meets another gentleman, with whom she can share her life.

princess gertrude 12-12-2013 11:28 PM

I'd love to see her go back to work in some capacity for the Elders. It seemed to be very fulfilling for her. But that's my opinion. I'm not sure about her re-marrying while the girls are still young but who knows.

XeniaCasaraghi 12-13-2013 12:06 AM

If Mabel remarries does she keep the title of Princess?

Viv 12-13-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi (Post 1625661)
If Mabel remarries does she keep the title of Princess?

Well, she's not a princess in her own right, the title came with her marriage, so I doubt it! However I suppose it's for the King to decide!

Marengo 12-13-2013 10:24 AM

Indeed Viv, technically she never had a title, but 'used' her husbands one, just as married ladies can use the last name of the husband. But maybe the king will work something out when and if the time comes.

MARG 12-13-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTESS (Post 1625646)
I do hope she meets another gentleman, with whom she can share her life.

I hope so too. It seems to me that when someone was happily married they tend to remarry, often surprisingly quickly, because that is their "happy" norm.

The DRF seem a pretty close family, moreso since the accident that resulted in the death of Prince Friso. I see her spending more time with the DRF until or if she remarries. There is the life balance of her children to consider in spending time with loving male role models. Spending time with their extended family will help to fill a missing part in their lives.

lucien 12-15-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1625642)
Since she was never a member of the royal house I do not think it will change very much, also not when she may decide to remarry in the future. She will most likely continue her carreer and keep attending family events for the RF. She has been involved with one or two charities (like the Amsterdam dinner, a charity to fight AIDS), and she probibly will continue to be involved. Neither she or her husband ever received any money from the state (at present only the king, the queen and the former queen do), so also in that respect nothing will change.

All that plus ofcourse she picked up working little by little again,aside from still being an advisor to the Elders,she has aimed at the child-workers of this world and against those who exploid them and focusses on that horrible issue.She already started that while her late husband was still at the Welington and visited,ao,India for the cause.:smile:

She is and will be a close family member regardless what the future brings to her and the really close-knitted family our RF is.She is a part of it,and very much so,warmly loved and respected.

:wreath:

carlota 12-15-2013 06:14 AM

i wonder if mabel will go or has been to the funeral or memorial events for nelson mandela, since she was director of the elders, which he was very involved with.

lucien 12-15-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 1626113)
i wonder if mabel will go or has been to the funeral or memorial events for nelson mandela, since she was director of the elders, which he was very involved with.

No she didn't attend.:smile:

Viv 12-15-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 1626103)
She is and will be a close family member regardless what the future brings to her and the really close-knitted family our RF is.She is a part of it,and very much so,warmly loved and respected.

Glad to 'hear' that she's loved and respected! From my vantage point she seems to be quite a character; intelligent and charismatic. She's a princess with an 'edge', not just a pretty-face-clotheshorse-type! That said, I suppose that Victor & Rolf can't complain about the 'product placement' ;).
Princess Laurentien appears to be another intelligent princess with good causes.
By the way it's interesting that the Dutch princes, except the present King were allowed to marry compatriots. The reason could be that the former Queen had a more pragmatic view on this than her Danish counterpart?? And maybe the size of the population matters too? I mean, the Netherlands is about thrice as big a Denmark, so it could be easier for the Dutch RF to absorb a commoner in their midst?
Whatever the reason, it doesn't seem to be a problem for the Dutch!

Viv

Empress Merel 12-15-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viv (Post 1626246)
Glad to 'hear' that she's loved and respected! From my vantage point she seems to be quite a character; intelligent and charismatic. She's a princess with an 'edge', not just a pretty-face-clotheshorse-type! That said, I suppose that Victor & Rolf can't complain about the 'product placement' ;).
Princess Laurentien appears to be another intelligent princess with good causes.
By the way it's interesting that the Dutch princes, except the present King were allowed to marry compatriots. The reason could be that the former Queen had a more pragmatic view on this than her Danish counterpart?? And maybe the size of the population matters too? I mean, the Netherlands is about thrice as big a Denmark, so it could be easier for the Dutch RF to absorb a commoner in their midst?
Whatever the reason, it doesn't seem to be a problem for the Dutch!

Viv

The DRF has always been the more ''relaxed'' of all Royal Families and we're open minded, sober people. That mindset is the same in a certain extent for the royals. Act normal, and you're already acting crazy enough, as the saying goes.

Marengo 12-15-2013 08:03 PM

I don't think Queen Beatrix was more relaxed than her counterparts elsewhere. I believe it was her (former) Swedish counterpart that let it slip that he found Beatrix very ambitious. To which Queen Silvia added that that was meant in a positive way. I think she has done a good job in pushing her sons to become succesful in their own right and do something useful with their lives. A Laurent/Carl-Philip scenario would have impossible for her sons. I also think she did have high requirements for her daughters-in-law. All her sons married rather forceful, intelligent and ambitious carreer women. I can not imagine her ever accepting a Sofia Hellqvist for example. Former PM Ruud Lubbers said that she disapproved of all of WA's earlier girlfriends, most notably Emily Bremers. Mostly because she found them not strong enough for the job.

Viv 12-16-2013 04:00 AM

:previous:
I didn't use the word 'relaxed', but 'pragmatic' regarding Queen Beatrix, that's not necessarily the same thing:smile:! It was mentioned somewhere that because of his future position Queen B. preferred WA to marry a foreigner, whereas this apparently! was no requirement for her two younger sons. She must have weighed the pros and cons at some stage and concluded that the inclusion of Dutch commoner wives need not jeopardize the Royal Family and the Royal House of Oranje.

By the way apart from the lack of government approval, it is known whether Queen Beatrix ever disapproved of the Mabel - Friso union?

Lee-Z 12-16-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viv (Post 1626317)
By the way apart from the lack of government approval, it is known whether Queen Beatrix ever disapproved of the Mabel - Friso union?

Afaik quite the contrary... Beatrix has always been very fond of Mabel, the fact that Mabel wore Beatrix' old dress for her engagement (i think it was the engagement..) says it all...

carlota 12-16-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1626267)
I don't think Queen Beatrix was more relaxed than her counterparts elsewhere. I believe it was her (former) Swedish counterpart that let it slip that he found Beatrix very ambitious. To which Queen Silvia added that that was meant in a positive way. I think she has done a good job in pushing her sons to become succesful in their own right and do something useful with their lives. A Laurent/Carl-Philip scenario would have impossible for her sons. I also think she did have high requirements for her daughters-in-law. All her sons married rather forceful, intelligent and ambitious carreer women. I can not imagine her ever accepting a Sofia Hellqvist for example. Former PM Ruud Lubbers said that she disapproved of all of WA's earlier girlfriends, most notably Emily Bremers. Mostly because she found them not strong enough for the job.

well, she clearly succeeded and got herself some accomplished daughters in law! maxima, laurentien and mabel are all rather impressive ladies.

rchainho 01-26-2014 01:14 PM

anyone has news about Prime-Minister Rutte and her?

Lee-Z 01-26-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchainho (Post 1636220)
anyone has news about Prime-Minister Rutte and her?

They have known eachother for over twenty years and are close friends and that's about all the news there is about these two..

Marengo 12-01-2015 01:16 PM

RTL News and many other Dutch news sources quote the German magazine Gala. The magazine cites 'sources close to the Greek RF' that claim that Princess Mabel is romantically involved with the French multi millionaire Arpad Busson, ex husband of super model Elle Macpherson and ex-partner of actress Uma Thurman. He also dated actress Farah Fawcett and last year the British-French actress Kirsten Scott-Thomas.

Busson is a friend of CP Pavlos of Greece. His son Flynn is dating Pss. Olympia. RTL Boulevard's Marc van der Linden claims that the Greek and Dutch RF has become even closer these last years. He claims that the members of the two RF's spend time with each other during the summer holidays since the holiday villas of the king and king Constantine are located near each other.

'Nieuwe liefde voor prinses Mabel' - RTL Nieuws

The story seems rather unlikely, considering Busson's previous taste in women. The Dutch RF is not known for their flashy acquaintances either. The last thing the Dutch RF needs is for them to be associated with a flashy twice divorced billionaire playboy who enjoys the jetset life with the top '1%' in London. The King and Queen have been critisized for years about their lifestyle which was/is deemed too flashy.

Not that that should matter if the rumours are true of course; Princess Mabel is free to do whatever she wants and I am sure many will enjoy seeing her happy again.

Since Mabel has been falsely linked to the prime minister and a Dutch-English CEO I suspect these rumours fall into the same category.

I suppose that the obvious 'source' that Gala claims to have would be the ever-blabbering society columnist Taki Theadorocopulos. He wrote about Busson and Kirsten Scott-Thomas in one of his society columns for the Spectator last year and he is a friend of the Greek RF.

Al_bina 12-13-2015 04:35 PM

:previous:
Hopefully the rumours are just rumours.
Mr Busson comes across as a butterfly, who is fond of actresses and socialites.

Somebody 11-03-2018 09:27 AM

Princess Mabel's future is finacially secure. This week the yearly Quote 500 was presented. This is the list of the 500 richest Dutch people. Mabel was included for the first time, taking spot 149, because the payment company Ayden was included in the stock market and doubled it's worth on the same day. Mabel made at least 43 million euros (but still has many more shares resulting in her high position in Quote - the founders of Ayden ended up much higher in this year's list). Her total wealth is estimated at about 240 million.

Edit: it was hard to find an article in English but this Bloomberg article at least mentions Mabel's expected wealth resulting from the IPO of Ayden in June.

(Why does TRF remove what I type just because I visit a different tab in between to make sure all the information I present is factually correct)

Tatiana Maria 11-03-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2167443)
Princess Mabel's future is finacially secure. This week the yearly Quote 500 was presented. This is the list of the 500 richest Dutch people. Mabel was included for the first time, taking spot 149, because the payment company Ayden was included in the stock market and doubled it's worth on the same day. Mabel made at least 43 million euros (but still has many more shares resulting in her high position in Quote - the founders of Ayden ended up much higher in this year's list). Her total wealth is estimated at about 240 million.

Edit: it was hard to find an article in English but this Bloomberg article at least mentions Mabel's expected wealth resulting from the IPO of Ayden in June.

(Why does TRF remove what I type just because I visit a different tab in between to make sure all the information I present is factually correct)

Thank you for this information. Do you know how she made her fortune?

Lee-Z 11-03-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria (Post 2167512)
Thank you for this information. Do you know how she made her fortune?

Mabel's Ayden shares

Somebody 11-03-2018 04:31 PM

So, in short. Friso most likely stepped in as an early investor in Ayden; resulting in a share a little less than 2% for a fraction of the pricee it's worth now.

Ayden wasn't Friso's only investment: the other tens of millions of her wealth probably come from a combination of other investments, some 'family money' of the royal family - assuming their substantial salaries mainly went to living expenses.

Duc_et_Pair 11-03-2018 05:20 PM

The late Prince was, like with Adyen, a founder-shareholder in WizzAir and in a MRI Centre in Amsterdam. But that he was a founder-shareholder of Adyen was a surprise. So who knows what other investments Friso did for himself and the royal family? Friso worked at Goldman Sachs and at Wolfensohn & Co, so he was a business insider pur sang.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises