The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 10: October 2013 - June 2014 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/princess-letizias-eveningwear-part-10-october-2013-june-2014-a-35973.html)

iceflower 10-28-2013 06:00 AM

Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 10: October 2013 - June 2014
 
* *

Welcome to Part 10 of the thread for Princess Letizia's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 9: August 2012 - October 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!



· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

HereditaryPrincess 10-28-2013 11:33 AM

Letizia's green dress was very pretty and she looked good. That shade of green suits her, and I quite like the silver embellishments - they remind me of flowing water.

cepe 10-31-2013 12:19 AM

This is bad! I thought it was a date night, not an official event. What was she thinking.

Princess Letizia Of Spain Attends AEEPP 2013 Awards At The

Princess Letizia Of Spain Attends AEEPP 2013 Awards At The


I think this was an evening engagement, so if I am wrong can the mods move to appropriate thread

An Ard Ri 10-31-2013 06:39 AM

The pants are very Olivia Newton John,it was nice in Grease in 1978 but looks silly on the future queen of Spain. Its 1 step forward and 2 backwards with Letizia and her inappropriate wardrobe choices.

fandesacs2003 10-31-2013 07:33 AM

Horrible! This is a disco outfit for a young single, not for the future Queen of Spain, mother of 2.

An Ard Ri 10-31-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 (Post 1614027)
Horrible! This is a disco outfit for a young single, not for the future Queen of Spain, mother of 2.

My 1st thoughts were 'is Letizia doing an audition for Grease the Musical' :biggrin:

Fürstin Taxis 10-31-2013 08:14 AM

She looks awesome, but agree itīs not so suited for ths kind of event.

princess gertrude 10-31-2013 08:46 AM

I agree with you guys, great outfit, but not appropriate for this event.

HereditaryPrincess 10-31-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1614028)
My 1st thoughts were 'is Letizia doing an audition for Grease the Musical' :biggrin:

:lol: I agree, Letizia's outfit is very Grease-esque. I like it, but it's more suited to a 70's/early 80's themed party rather than an official awards ceremony.

dbarn67 10-31-2013 09:16 AM

She looks silly. Yes, she has the figure for it but specifically for the event she's attending, this couldn't be more inappropriate. It also seems a little desperate to for a woman in her 40s (even though she looks good) to wear this for "work" event.

Emmily 10-31-2013 11:20 AM

What was she thinking?

kathia_sophia 10-31-2013 01:55 PM

She looks divine and so hot! BUT WHY for this event??? It's looks unapropriate and insulting to the people attending the event.

Empress Merel 10-31-2013 02:38 PM

I don't know what everyone else was wearing but Letizia's outfit is pretty on trend. Leather trousers, blazer, clean shirt and a pair of eye popping heels has been the 'uniform' of many celebs for the past 2 years or so.

blauerengel 10-31-2013 02:47 PM

After reading all the statements about how inappropriate this outfit looks, I was surprised when I looked at the pictures because I was expecting something completely different! Yes,leather pants still have that "rockīnīroll-attitude" to it,
but paired with a simple white shirt and black blazer I find the combination is alright. The only thing that was a little bit "off" in my eyes are these shiny red shoes, a less flashy pair of shoes might have given the outfit a more "professional" touch and less "Disco Glam". At least no one can say that this outfit looks boring or dull :biggrin:

AdmirerUS 10-31-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blauerengel (Post 1614147)
After reading all the statements about how inappropriate this outfit looks, I was surprised when I looked at the pictures because I was expecting something completely different! Yes,leather pants still have that "rockīnīroll-attitude" to it,
but paired with a simple white shirt and black blazer I find the combination is alright. The only thing that was a little bit "off" in my eyes are these shiny red shoes, a less flashy pair of shoes might have given the outfit a more "professional" touch and less "Disco Glam". At least no one can say that this outfit looks boring or dull :biggrin:

I think people are a little tired of the pants with white shirt look.
Now that Spain has emerged from recession, maybe the white shirts won't rule the roost.

cepe 10-31-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 1614143)
I don't know what everyone else was wearing but Letizia's outfit is pretty on trend. Leather trousers, blazer, clean shirt and a pair of eye popping heels has been the 'uniform' of many celebs for the past 2 years or so.

You are so right :flowers:, but she isn't a celeb. As I said - night out; disco; dinner date - she looks amazing. Official event? IMO its not appropriate.

An Ard Ri 10-31-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1614166)
You are so right :flowers:, but she isn't a celeb. As I said - night out; disco; dinner date - she looks amazing. Official event? IMO its not appropriate.

Exactly the future Queen of Spain doesn't need to be confused with those dreadful Celebrity persons.

Empress Merel 10-31-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1614166)
You are so right :flowers:, but she isn't a celeb. As I said - night out; disco; dinner date - she looks amazing. Official event? IMO its not appropriate.

When I hear the word disco I think of big hair, lots of glittery pants and rollerblades so hence why I didn't get it's inapproriate at first. :lol:

It is underdressed, though I think the outfit itself is pretty great.

casualfan 10-31-2013 08:27 PM

Are there photos of the other guests? Because I am totally confused as to what she was thinking...

dbarn67 10-31-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casualfan (Post 1614260)
Are there photos of the other guests? Because I am totally confused as to what she was thinking...

Everyone else was in business formal (for the women at least)


http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afdbop.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/fwiy2r.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2rw8dqh.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises