The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Fashion (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 5: October 2013 - (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/the-duchess-of-cambridges-eveningwear-part-5-october-2013-a-35967.html)

dazzling 10-26-2013 05:18 AM

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 5: October 2013 -

Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 5

The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

kathia_sophia 10-26-2013 08:53 AM

The black dress is simple and pretty, it also seems to be very comfortable. But overall it's not a memorable piece.

cepe 10-26-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1612510)
The black dress is simple and pretty, it also seems to be very comfortable. But overall it's not a memorable piece.

It isnt black, it is dark blue.:flowers:

Daria_S 10-26-2013 11:56 PM

Black, ir navy blue, it's one lovely dress. Catherine looks fabulous.

XeniaCasaraghi 10-27-2013 04:30 AM

Looks black to me and it is a pretty dress. But the thing that stands out for me the most is how beautiful her hair and face look.

Lumutqueen 11-28-2013 04:42 PM

Sports Ball -
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attends Sportsaid gala ball. | MARK CUTHBERT – PHOTOGRAPHER

carlota 11-28-2013 04:55 PM

she's looking superb as usual.

Empress Merel 11-28-2013 04:59 PM

Nope. The nude mesh underneath is not pretty and it's not a memorable dress. The lace looks like a table cloth one would find at their grandma's house.

Her hair looks good though. It looks darker to me.

biboquinhas 11-28-2013 05:18 PM

The dress os not a gala dress!!

Daria_S 11-28-2013 05:19 PM

I'm not crazy about this dress.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

cepe 11-28-2013 05:37 PM

From a journalist not know to be all that supportive

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 20m
As someone who was there, I'd say it was beautiful in the flesh but photographed terribly....mf

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 21m
The champagne lining was actually very delicate but looks like American Tan tights in pictures...shame as it was a very, very pretty dress

cinrit 11-28-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 1621793)
The dress os not a gala dress!!

It's a cocktail dress.

cepe 11-28-2013 05:55 PM

I think she is appropriately dressed - she is there for the dinner and giving the award, but I feel that she is not staying for the ball (I may be proved wrong). Black tie is v specific for the men (lucky them) but there is a wide range of options for women - particularly in the Uk where anything from trousers thru to cocktail length to floor length dresses are acceptable.

Duke of Marmalade 11-29-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 1621785)
Nope. The nude mesh underneath is not pretty and it's not a memorable dress. The lace looks like a table cloth one would find at their grandma's house.

Her hair looks good though. It looks darker to me.

I was about to say the same thing. I don't like the dress but I do think that it doesn't violate the dress code.

Jacknch 11-29-2013 02:28 AM

Ooh, I think the Duchess looks lovely. The design of the dress is very nice indeed, but as has been previously mentioned, because of the champagne colour underneath, it does not photograph well and I personally object to such a contrast in teh colours of the fabrics used.

dazzling 11-29-2013 02:34 AM

I thought she would be in a gala dress as this was a gala event unless I understood it wrong. Nevertheless, the dress is nothing special, she could've worn a cocktail dress from the same designer which would've been much nicer. I like the shorter hair on her but I would've had it pulled up or back for the lace to show in the front. I wasn't fond of the red clutch with the look, it looked out of place even though it added colour.

fandesacs2003 11-29-2013 04:06 AM

It is a nice dress, except the front part, she seems like if she was wearing a life jacket, or a bulletprof jacket.

Lumutqueen 11-29-2013 05:38 AM

Black and boring, she could have worn something so much nicer.

Elly C 11-29-2013 09:23 AM

Nothing to dislike about the dress, but nothing remarkable either. I don't think there's any photos that really does the dress justice - she is either holding the clutchbag in front which is not a good pose or, her hair is cascading forwards so we can't see the top of the dress. I recall Catherine wore a lovely pendant on a long chain to an event ( I think it might have been a reception to do with the Olympics) - this would have worked well with this dress I think. It certainly needs something for a special evening. I haven't seen any pics of other guests, but I imagine they would be wearing outfits more suited to a ball rather than a reception.

biboquinhas 11-29-2013 09:33 AM

It looks like a summer dress to me, not a cocktail or a gala dress...I think think it was a proper dress for the ocassion...she looks lovely indeed but she should have choosen a different dress..