The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f185/)
-   -   Queen Silvia's 70th Birthday; December 23, 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f185/queen-silvias-70th-birthday-december-23-2013-a-35849.html)

Kingen 09-24-2013 09:40 AM

Queen Silvia's 70th Birthday; December 23, 2013
 
I know it's still some time to go until Queen Silvia's birthday, and we have not yet got any information about any eventually celebrations. Therefore i thought that we could discuss suggestions and musings about the celebrations and maybe how the Queen has celebrated her round birthdays before.

LadyFinn 09-24-2013 01:20 PM

Svensk Damtidning claimed to know many months ago that the queen will celebrate with a black tie event.

Kingen 09-24-2013 02:34 PM

Thanks LadyFinn. I have totally missed that information. Did the article say anything more about the celebrations?

Sarahbellar 09-24-2013 03:05 PM

I am so excited!!! :) Black tie event and hopefully some S and CG cuteness!!! :)

LadyFinn 09-25-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingen (Post 1602895)
Thanks LadyFinn. I have totally missed that information. Did the article say anything more about the celebrations?

But that was just what Svensk Damtidning wrote. We don't know where they got the information or did they just guessed that it would be a black tie event.

CrownPrincess5 09-25-2013 12:58 PM

Wow I can't believe she's already turning 70!

Kingen 09-26-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1603088)
But that was just what Svensk Damtidning wrote. We don't know where they got the information or did they just guessed that it would be a black tie event.

Yes it is not the most reliable source and that it is just a black tie event doesn't say much. Does that mean that it is a concert or a dinner. I guess we have to wait and see

Duke of Marmalade 09-26-2013 06:53 AM

And then the big question: will or wont Sofia attend ;):whistling::biggrin:

Bine221 09-26-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1603301)
And then the big question: will or wont Sofia attend ;):whistling::biggrin:

Hihi, good question:
- if there is an announcement until Dec 23th, then yes :biggrin:.
- if there is no annoucement, then the chances are still high, as I do assume, that the Queen´s birthday will be labelled "private" (as she is not the head of state, but the consort), so Sofia may get an invitation, whereas not sitting on the main table with the RF.

Bye Bine

LadyFinn 09-26-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1603301)
And then the big question: will or wont Sofia attend ;):whistling::biggrin:

Daniel, Emma and Jonas weren't allowed to attend at Queen's 60th birthday, because they weren't members of the family (Carl Philip and Emma had dated 4 years, Victoria and Daniel 2 years and Madeleine and Jonas over a year). The royal family celebrated the birthday both in Jukkasjärvi and Stockholm with the extended family.

muriel 09-26-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1603353)
Daniel, Emma and Jonas weren't allowed to attend at Queen's 60th birthday, because they weren't members of the family (Carl Philip and Emma had dated 4 years, Victoria and Daniel 2 years and Madeleine and Jonas over a year). The royal family celebrated the birthday both in Jukkasjärvi and Stockholm with the extended family.

Be that as it may, she appears to be accepted by the RF as CP's consort, so I suspect she will be there.

LadyFinn 10-05-2013 12:11 PM

In November, a month before the Queen's 70th birthday, a book "Drottning Silvia - en jubileumsbok" ("Queen Silvia - a Jubilee book") is published. It is written by Roger Lundgren, the chief editor of Kungliga magasinet (The Royal Magazine).

Professional woman, mother, grandmother - and queen. In a new book Queen Silvia tells candidly about her life - and her great sorrow.
- It was important for her to go to the bottom of the allegations against her father, says Lundgren.
The book is divided into 3 parts: one where the queen talks about her life, one in which people around her speak, and a section that summarizes the Jubilee Year 2013. The Queen tells about grief after Princess Lilian, talks about the media coverage, and especially about the analysis that focused on whether her dead father Walther Sommerlath was a member of the German Nazi party or not. When the question arose Silvia ordered her own investigation to get answers.
- She's been very openhearted. It was important for her to go to the bottom of all these charges. "I've done what any child would do for their parents, and that is to stand up for them when they can not defend themselves", says Lundgren.
Silvia tells also about the joys - like family and the first grandchild.
- There is a tremendous love she feels for Estelle, she tells small amusing anecdotes about how Estelle is as a person.
And of course on the upcoming grandchild, when Madeleine and Chris are expecting a baby.
- She thinks it's great. She wants to have many grandchildren. She calls them life's dessert.
Much of the book is also devoted to the queen's job in the World Childhood Foundation. There are also personal stories from the King, Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine.
Lundgren has worked on the book for six months and made ​​several interviews with the queen.
’Jag har gjort det alla barn skulle göra’ Nyheter Aftonbladet

Sarahbellar 10-05-2013 12:37 PM

That sounds fantastic but of course I won't be able to read it (unless someone knows a way to get it in the US). Will someone let me know the high points when it comes out?!?

MagMil 10-05-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1606327)
In November, a month before the Queen's 70th birthday, a book "Drottning Silvia - en jubileumsbok" ("Queen Silvia - a Jubilee book") is published. It is written by Roger Lundgren, the chief editor of Kungliga magasinet (The Royal Magazine).

Professional woman, mother, grandmother - and queen. In a new book Queen Silvia tells candidly about her life - and her great sorrow.
- It was important for her to go to the bottom of the allegations against her father, says Lundgren.
The book is divided into 3 parts: one where the queen talks about her life, one in which people around her speak, and a section that summarizes the Jubilee Year 2013. The Queen tells about grief after Princess Lilian, talks about the media coverage, and especially about the analysis that focused on whether her dead father Walther Sommerlath was a member of the German Nazi party or not. When the question arose Silvia ordered her own investigation to get answers.
- She's been very openhearted. It was important for her to go to the bottom of all these charges. "I've done what any child would do for their parents, and that is to stand up for them when they can not defend themselves", says Lundgren.
Silvia tells also about the joys - like family and the first grandchild.
- There is a tremendous love she feels for Estelle, she tells small amusing anecdotes about how Estelle is as a person.
And of course on the upcoming grandchild, when Madeleine and Chris are expecting a baby.
- She thinks it's great. She wants to have many grandchildren. She calls them life's dessert.
Much of the book is also devoted to the queen's job in the World Childhood Foundation. There are also personal stories from the King, Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine.
Lundgren has worked on the book for six months and made ​​several interviews with the queen.
’Jag har gjort det alla barn skulle göra’ Nyheter Aftonbladet

:previous:
wow sound like a amazing book. i would like to have a chance and read this book but if they decide to publish on english too.

finger crossed :smile:

Sarahbellar 10-05-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMil (Post 1606476)
:previous: wow sound like a amazing book. i would like to have a chance and read this book but if they decide to publish on english too. finger crossed :smile:

Even if they didn't come out with it in English I wouldn't mind attempting to translate it with my poor poor swedish... I would love to be able to look at it with my hands and eyes rather than looking at the cover on the computer screen

muriel 10-10-2013 07:16 AM

Have there been any more updates, official or unofficial, of what the celebrations might entail?

LadyFinn 10-10-2013 11:47 AM

The cover of Roger Lundgren's book "Drottning Silvia - En jubileumsbok"
http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovblo....-10.03.42.png

Bine221 10-10-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1607941)
The cover of Roger Lundgren's book "Drottning Silvia - En jubileumsbok"
http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovblo....-10.03.42.png


ui ui ui, not the best pic...... great symmetry of colours, but she is looking soooo serious, what a pity!
Bye Bine

princess gertrude 10-10-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bine221 (Post 1607943)
ui ui ui, not the best pic...... great symmetry of colours, but she is looking soooo serious, what a pity!
Bye Bine

Have to agree, not the best of pictures. She seems some how, alone/frustrated/unhappy in this picture.

LadyFinn 10-19-2013 11:02 AM

The First Lady of the Court, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke has taken the initiative to organize an anniversary show for her boss. Along with Olof Stenhammar, she contacted theater director and producer Vicky von der Lancken to ask her to produce the show which is called "An Evening for our Queen."
On 19 December, the Queen and the rest of the family occupy the seats of honor at the Oscar Theatre, Lill Lindfors will guide them through the evening. Other artists involved are Tomas Ledin, Lena Phillips, Peter Jöback, Karl Dyall, Hanna Lindblad, Rennie Mirro, Simone Moreno, John Lundvik and Poplabbet, and children and adolescents from BASE 23 and Lilla Akademien
The show will be televised on December 23. The entire surplus from ticket sales will go to Queen Silvia's foundation Care About the Children, a newly established foundation for the vulnerable children in the world.
Så firas drottning Silvia på födelsedagen Hovbloggen¨

The website of the Foundation
HM Drottning Silvias Stiftelse - Care About The Children
The following directors of the business are behind the initiative as promoters:
Claes Dahlbäck, Elisabeth and Gustaf Douglas, Lisbeth and Bertil Hult, Leif Johansson, Ingvar Kamprad, Fredrik Lundberg, Sverker Martin-Löf, Stefan Persson, Melker Schörling, Saara and Björn Wahlroos, Jacob Wallenberg, Marcus Wallenberg and Peter Wallenberg
The members of the Board of the Foundation are Olof Stenhammar (Chairman), Contractor / Kirstine von Blixen Finecke, First Lady of the Court / Mats Dellham, Management consult / Jan Lindman, Keeper of the Privy Purse of the court / Carl-Gustaf Piehl, Director


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises