The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   The Education of Prince George (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/the-education-of-prince-george-35822.html)

amaryllus 09-17-2013 04:11 PM

The Education of Prince George

I see them going the regular prep schools then boarding route, as William seemed to have no problems and made lifelong friends.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Lumutqueen 09-17-2013 05:20 PM

I hate to be the one to say, is it just a little bit too early for this?

US Royal Watcher 09-17-2013 05:27 PM

It will be interesting to see if Prince George goes to boarding school. I agree that both William and Harry enjoyed their time at Eton, but I don't think Catherine went to a boarding school.

William and Catherine have demonstrated that they will break with the past not hiring a full-time nanny at this point, so I expect they will be independent in other decisions. The Queen and Prince Philip sent Prince Charles to a public school rather than use tutors. Prince Charles and Diana sent William and Harry to Eton. I can see William and Catherine setting out a new path, too.

Mirabel 09-17-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher (Post 1600412)
The Queen and Prince Philip sent Prince Charles to a public school rather than use tutors. Prince Charles and Diana sent William and Harry to Eton. I can see William and Catherine setting out a new path, too.

Eton was Diana's choice, but Charles detested Gordonstoun, so naturally he didn't want to send his own sons there.

William and Harry did seem to like Eton very much, and it has the advantage of being located very near Windsor Castle, so I expect William will also send George there.

amaryllus 09-17-2013 06:04 PM

You may be right but Royal princes have been going to Eton or The Royal Navel college instead of only tutors since the beginning of the 20th century at least. So nothing really progressive about that.

Catherine Attended Down house as a day girl and also Marlborough College but I am not sure if she border there.

NGalitzine 09-17-2013 06:21 PM

Catherine was a boarder at both Downe House (which she did not like) and at Marlborough.
I expect George will attend a day school near KP like Wetherbys, and then go off to Ludgrove and Eton since William seemed to have enjoyed both and made some life long friends. Follow Eton up with a university of Georges choice and then later Sandhurst or Dartmouth. I dont expect his education to be anything but the traditional prep for a King. Cannot see him going to the local state school system at all.

LadyCatharine 09-17-2013 07:44 PM

Ugh, we have a few years, lets just enjoy the infant,have fun THEN the education will commence

amaryllus 09-17-2013 07:53 PM

We are. but fun discussion is not hurting anything is it?

Andolini 09-17-2013 08:35 PM

I'm just grateful it's not about hair.

suztav 09-17-2013 09:08 PM

A bit premature conversation considering George can't even hold up his own head yet! :)

NGalitzine 09-17-2013 09:47 PM

Not too premature, boys get their names put down for Eton almost at birth.

Zonk 09-17-2013 10:20 PM

Closed for moderator review.