The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Potential Names and Godparents for Madeleine and Chris's First Child (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/potential-names-and-godparents-for-madeleine-and-chriss-first-child-35756.html)

principessa 09-03-2013 04:52 AM

Potential Names and Godparents for Madeleine and Chris's First Child

Let the game begin:

My guesses for a daughter: Isabella Eva Silvia Victoria O'Neill

My guesses for a son: Carl Paul Antonio Daniel O'Neill

For the Godparents:

HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Tatjana d'Abo
Louise Gottlieb
Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
Patrick Sommerlath

Elektra 09-03-2013 05:00 AM

Girl : Amelie Christina Silvia Eva

Boy : Carl Paul Daniel Christopher

wymanda 09-03-2013 06:46 AM

Victoria Sylvia Margaret Eva O'Neil

Carl Patrick Christopher Bjorn O'Neil

hkittybaby 09-03-2013 06:56 AM

For a girl: Emma Margaret Sylvia Eva.
They can also put Lilian somewhere in her name. Or Victoria or maybe Madeleine.

For a boy: Carl Adolf Christopher Daniel.
Carl will def be there!

Isabella Park 09-03-2013 09:17 AM

For a boy : Hugo Gustaf Paul Johann O'Neil
For a girl : Alva Birgitta Ragnhild Louise O'Neil

Godparents :
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (maternal aunt)
Countess Nathscha Abensberg - Traun (paternal aunt)
Princess Maria Laura of Belgium
Couple's One of friends

princess gertrude 09-03-2013 10:17 AM

Lillian Eva Josephine Renate O'Neil
Paul Christopher Gustaf Bertil O'Neil

Godparents:
Tatjana d'Abo
Louise Gottlieb
CP Victoria or Carl Philip
Chris's best man from the wedding (can't remember his name :( )

Lumutqueen 09-03-2013 10:20 AM

I would say Lillian is top of the list.

Archduchess Zelia 09-03-2013 12:51 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Madeleine and Chris only give their children three names.

Boy:
Carl-Johan Gustaf Paul (Bertil), Hugo (Fredrik) Gustaf Paul, Oscar/Oskar Paul Gustaf (Johan) or Theo Gustaf (Oscar/Oskar) Paul. I'd love if they used Bertil as a given name, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Victoria might use that for a future boy (either that or Carl-Johan, but I would put my money on Bertil).

Girl:
Alice Eva Silvia (Desirée), Alma Silvia (Lilian) Eva, Saga Silvia Eva (Josephine) or Sofia Eva Silvia (Alice). I don't know if they're going to avoid a 'Silvia Eva' combination because Estelle has practically the same combination in her name.

Godparents:
Crown Princess Victoria
Tatjana d'Abo
Two/three friends of the couple

principessa 09-03-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia (Post 1595475)
Boy:
Carl-Johan Gustaf Paul (Bertil), Hugo (Fredrik) Gustaf Paul, Oscar/Oskar Paul Gustaf (Johan) or Theo Gustaf (Oscar/Oskar) Paul.

Girl:
Alice Eva Silvia (Desirée), Alma Silvia (Lilian) Eva, Saga Silvia Eva (Josephine) or Sofia Eva Silvia (Alice). I don't know if they're going to avoid a 'Silvia Eva' combination because Estelle has practically the same combination in her name.

Godparents:
Crown Princess Victoria
Tatjana d'Abo
Two/three friends of the couple

I think Silvia and Eva are included in the name for a girl because these are the names of the babies grandmothers.

Archduchess Zelia 09-03-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1595477)
I think Silvia and Eva are included in the name for a girl because these are the names of the babies grandmothers.

I think so too, but I doubt they will be put together as 'Silvia Eva' because that's basically the same as Estelle (the only difference being Estelle's Eva being spelled 'Ewa'). Perhaps they'll switch them around or put a name in between.

MartinaM 09-03-2013 02:21 PM

Girl:
Lillian Louise Victoria

Boy:
Alexander Christopher Paul

GoodParents:
CP Victoria of Sweden
Prince Daniel of Sweden
Tatjana d'Abo
Louise Gottlieb
Two friend of the couple

hkittybaby 09-03-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1595401)
I would say Lillian is top of the list.

I couldn't agree more! :)

BrazilianEmpire 09-03-2013 02:30 PM

Boy:

Carl Christopher Paul O'Neill.

Girl:

Lilian Alice Victoria O'Neill.

izabela84 09-03-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire (Post 1595526)
Boy:

Carl Christopher Paul O'Neill.

Girl:

Lilian Alice Victoria O'Neill.

Yes! it would be a good choice!!!;)

dbarn67 09-03-2013 02:55 PM

Godparents.

Princess Victoria
either Prince Carl Phillip or Sophia
One of Chris' siblings and/or his mother
friends of the couple.

I've no idea what the name could be. I've stopped guessing royal baby names since I was totally blindsided by Estelle, lol.

Biri 09-03-2013 03:39 PM

Boy:
Joseph Christopher Carl O'Neill

Girl:
Theresa Victoria Laura O'Neill

Godparents:
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
One of Chris' sisters
A male cousin of Madeleine
A friend of a couple

Baron Brockdorf 09-03-2013 03:54 PM

Boy: Adolf Frederik Gustav Paul
Girl: Desiree Birgitta Lilian Margaretha
God Parents:
The Duchess of Vastergotland
Countess Natasha (Christopher's sister)
Prince Joachim of Denmark
Princess Martha Louise of Norway
A mutual friend of the couple

Lee-Z 09-03-2013 03:56 PM

I too was completely surprised by 'Estelle' :-) so i'm going to go with that 'genre' of naming (which ofcourse is silly because this is a different couple), so:

Girl: Sybilla Therese
Boy: Gustav Paul

Godparents: her brother, one of his sisters, 1 friend of each

principessa 09-03-2013 04:04 PM

For a boy, Carl will definitely be the first name.

Madeleine's royal aunts have one son named Carl or Carl in other european languages translated:

Princess Margaretha: Charles Edward Ambler
Princess Birgitta: Prince Carl Christian Friedrich Johannes Meinrad Maria Hubertus Edmund of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen
Princess Désirée: Baron Carl Otto Edmund Silfverschiöld
Princess Christina: Carl Gustaf Victor Magnuson

The King is named: King Carl XVI Gustaf Folke Hubertus of Sverige.

Madeleines brother is named Prince Carl Philip Edmund Bertil of Sverige.

I guess that if Princess Estelle would have been a boy he would be known as Prince Carl ... of Sweden. If there will be a brother for Estelle I am sure that he will be named Carl.

Biri 09-03-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf (Post 1595581)
Boy: Adolf Frederik Gustav Paul

Definitely not Adolf!:eek::bang: This name all associate...I don't have to say with whom.

COUNTESS 09-03-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 1595593)
Definitely not Adolf!:eek::bang: This name all associate...I don't have to say with whom.

You are so right. I don't think in a millions years they would even consider it. What a horror.

Archduchess Zelia 09-03-2013 04:22 PM

Definitely agree about Adolf, I don't think they would touch that with a barge pole. Also, if they were to honour the King's father, I would say that Edmund is much, much, much more likely since that was what he went by.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia (Post 1595475)
Girl:

Ok, whilst a link to Sofia of Nassau would be wonderful (which was what I thought of when I wrote it down), this obviously is not going to happen (I always forget about Sofia Hellqvist, it must be because I couldn't care less about her). I'm gonna swap Sofia with Josefine/Josephine.

cdm 09-03-2013 05:05 PM

My suggestion is to take names that are pronounced the same way in swedish as in english.
Oscar for a boy
Louise for a girl

Is it expected that this child will have as many godparents as Estelle? How many godparents do the children of Carl Gustaf's sisters have?

Baron Brockdorf 09-03-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 1595593)

i had forgotten about the connotations associated with this name....,i included it because some of Sweden's greatest kings had adolf as one of their names

GracieGiraffe 09-03-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf (Post 1595652)
i had forgotten about the connotations associated with this name....,i included it because some of Sweden's greatest kings had adolf as one of their names

And several posters forgot about it when suggesting Baby Cambridge be named "Adolphus". An honest mistake, let's all just move on and not gang up on Baron B.

GracieGiraffe 09-03-2013 07:13 PM

Wow - both Madde and Victoria have M-I-L's named "Eva/Ewa" And on top of it that Silvia Eva/ Eva Silvia and if you add Victoria in a string of four, that's a real tongue twister. Eva Silvia Victoria. A battle of the V's.

Madde and Chris could split the Silvia and Eva up in the string of names - Mary and Frederick did it for Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe - don't those two names sound alike in Danish?

ladyfizzle101 09-03-2013 08:18 PM

Emma Therese for a girl
Eric Christopher for a boy

I've been wanting a Emma for sooooo Long :)

someonelikeyou 09-03-2013 08:36 PM

Lillian O'Neill is a very pretty name.

hkittybaby 09-04-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someonelikeyou (Post 1595684)
Lillian O'Neill is a very pretty name.

It is fab!:flowers:

frogpearl 09-04-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinaM (Post 1595520)
Girl:
Lillian Louise Victoria

Boy:
Alexander Christopher Paul

GoodParents:
CP Victoria of Sweden
Prince Daniel of Sweden
Tatjana d'Abo
Louise Gottlieb
Two friend of the couple

I really love the potenital names you've chosen!

cristine 09-04-2013 09:17 AM

Since the name Estelle was so unexpected, I feel quite confuse about suggesting names for the new baby. I would love if they chose Alice for the girl, after Queen Silvia's mother. For the boy, Edmund, Oscar or Paul. if they don't choose a name after a late relative, I would be very surprised.

LadyFinn 09-04-2013 10:19 AM

Since almost all of the O'Neill women have Maria on their name, it seems a big possibility that Maria will be on the child's name too, if it is a girl.
Eva Maria O'Neill
Tatjana Maria Margareta Nina d'Abo and her daughters
Anoushka Maria Violet
Celina Maria Isabel

Natascha von Abensperg und Traun's daughter
Milana Maria Tatiana

I couldn't find the other names of Natascha or her daughter Chiara.

hkittybaby 09-04-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1595870)
Since almost all of the O'Neill women have Maria on their name, it seems a big possibility that Maria will be on the child's name too, if it is a girl.
Eva Maria O'Neill
Tatjana Maria Margareta Nina d'Abo and her daughters
Anoushka Maria Violet
Celina Maria Isabel

Natascha von Abensperg und Traun's daughter
Milana Maria Tatiana

I couldn't find the other names of Natascha or her daughter Chiara.

Lilian Maria :flowers:

Princess B 09-04-2013 12:37 PM

Alice Madeleine Lillian Silvia

Amelie Louise Victoria Eva

Pauline Therese Silvia Lillian

Josephine Estelle Lillian Eva

LadyGabrielle 09-04-2013 03:40 PM

How about, Lillian Victoria Catherine Eva? I thought Catherine sounds good in there, dont you guys agree?

someonelikeyou 09-04-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle (Post 1596000)
How about, Lillian Victoria Catherine Eva? I thought Catherine sounds good in there, dont you guys agree?

Yes! Catherine is one of those very pretty names that seems to go with a lot of other names nicely.

wymanda 09-04-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1595870)
Since almost all of the O'Neill women have Maria on their name,.

OT but are the O'Neils a Catholic family?
I only ask because the inclusion of Maria or Mary in all names in a family often points to that.

Mariel 09-04-2013 11:57 PM

It's got to be Lilian, unless Crown Princess Victoria has a hold on that.
I read that Chris came from a Catholic family but is non-observant. When children come long, traditions tend to revive, so Maria might be a middle name, don't you think?

Lilian Maria sounds just fine, with whatever names should follow it--I don't know all the names of relatives and friends whom the couple have.

KitKat2006 09-05-2013 04:44 AM

I'm pretty sure there will be a LILIAN somewhere in the name. Because it's a family name for Madeleine and it's an english name which is nice for Chris.

Other names? Maybe a name from a future godparent? LOUISE (Gottlieb) or even EMMA (Pernald)? VICTORIA, SILVIA and EVA are also very high on the "could be" list.

Male names? Even though it's a pretty name it's absolutely sure a boy wouldn't be named JONAS. A CARL or a PHILIP could be in there somewhere because Madeleine and her brother are very close. Maybe Carl Philip also will become Godfather to this new baby.

But I have this very big suspicion that we will be as surprised by the name as we were when Estelle was born.

I just thought about something. Do you think Madeleine will give one of the "Childhood"-kids a chance to be a godparent (or some kind of honory godparent)? Maybe one who she has a very close relationship to and who's life got a change to the better thanks to Childhood? That would be such a nice gesture and something alike to the children choir when she entered the church on their wedding day.

Leslie2006 09-06-2013 10:05 AM

Boy:
Paul Edmund Gustaf

Girl:
Amélie Eva Renate

Godparents:
one of Christopher's sisters
Crown Princess Victoria
Prince Carl Philip
a close friend of the couple

HereditaryPrincess 09-06-2013 06:23 PM

In the Royal Baby Names thread, I suggested these combinations for Madeleine and Chris's child:

Boy

Carl Gustav (f) Johan Arthur

Girl

Lovisa Magdalena Lilian Charlotta

I have also thought of the following name combinations:

Girl:

Lilian Eva Silvia Maria
Sofie Lovisa Josephine Victoria
Amelie Louise Madeleine Ingrid

Boy

Frederick Carl Gustaf Paul
Gustaf Arthur Frederick Christopher
Oscar Carl Gustaf Christopher

daropal 09-07-2013 06:40 PM

My choices:

For a Girl:
Lillian Christina Bernadotte O'Neill
Amalie Christina Bernadotte O'Neill

For a Boy:
Carl Christopher Bernadotte O'Neill
Paul Christopher Bernadotte O'Neill

No hyphens in the last two names. No titles for now (maybe given later if needed).

wymanda 09-07-2013 08:28 PM

Perhaps it needs to be remembered that this child will probably be brought up (raised) outside Sweden in the English speaking world of his/her father. I think that a name that is the same in English and Swedish is more likely so names like Gustav are unlikely in that form. Not sure what the English equivalent of that name is.

nascarlucy 09-07-2013 08:34 PM

The name Lillian if the baby is a girl would be a nice name.

GracieGiraffe 09-08-2013 01:24 AM

I think they should do something American like combine their names:

Chatelaine.

Lady Kathleen 09-08-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wymanda (Post 1597142)
Perhaps it needs to be remembered that this child will probably be brought up (raised) outside Sweden in the English speaking world of his/her father. I think that a name that is the same in English and Swedish is more likely so names like Gustav are unlikely in that form. Not sure what the English equivalent of that name is.

I agree that the name will probably not be a name like Gustav, which has no English equivalent.

Hans-Rickard 09-08-2013 08:20 AM

I think this child will be raised partly outside Sweden so i don't expect any titles. But i think the child will be born in Sweden, Christened in the Church of Sweden (maybe in Räpplinge Church close to Solliden Palace at Öland next summer) and have a place in the line of succession.

As many of you said, the name Estelle surprised us all so it's more difficult since then to predict the names. My guesses are

If a girl

Lilian Maria Victoria O'Neill

Or if a boy

Paul Carl Christopher O'Neill

IloveCP 11-04-2013 03:44 PM

Now that Madeleine is having a girl, here are my guesses:

Lillian Silvia Eva Victoria
Amelie Lillian Silvia Alice
Josephine Silvia Eva Lillian
Ingrid Silvia Eva Lillian

Blog Real 11-04-2013 03:52 PM

Now that Madeleine is having a girl, here are my guesses: Silvia Philippa Lilian Margrethe

BrazilianEmpire 11-04-2013 04:02 PM

My guess:

Lilian Victoria Silvia Mary.

But I still don't know for sure if she will be Miss Lilian O'Neill, HRH Princess Lilian, Duchess of [someplace in Sweden] or HH Princess Lilian of Sweden.

I would rather prefer Countess Lilian O'Neill, but I know it's not possible.

GracieGiraffe 11-04-2013 04:44 PM

I don't know if they'll choose Lilian as a first name, but it will most likely be in there.

Also - they should go with the more used "Lillian," otherwise the poor kid will spend her life explaining it's one "L" not two.

Archduchess Zelia 11-04-2013 05:30 PM

I somehow doubt that Lilian will be the first name of the little girl, although I'm pretty sure the name is going to be somewhere in there. I'm thinking something along the lines of Alice, Amelie, Eleanor, Elise and Josephine. I initially had high hopes for a little Saga, but if they're going all in with this title thing and make her a Princess, it's just not going to work (a little Saga O'Neill would have been smashing though) - same goes for Alma, which was one of my big contenders as well.

With the title of Princess:
Alice Silvia Lilian Eva/Maria
Amelie Silvia Pauline Eva/Maria
Josephine Silvia Lilian Maria

Without the title of Princess:
Alma Pauline Lilian (Eva/Maria/Silvia)
Clara Alice (Eva/Maria/Silvia) Pauline
Saga Lilian (Silvia) Maria

hkittybaby 11-04-2013 07:12 PM

I'm so happy for her she's having a little girl as it's what she was hoping for!!! :) :) :) <3

I bet she'll have Lilian somewhere in her name. Not sure about the 1st name though, Victoria would be nice.

HRHHermione 11-05-2013 01:21 AM

I like Astrid and Annika personally.

Isabella Park 11-05-2013 01:51 AM

Princess Estelle having a little female cousin!! Wow :wub:
I'm so happy for them!
These names are my predictions for Madeleine's little girl

Alva Birgitta Ragnhild Louise
or
Clara Amélie Désirèe Lilian

LadyFinn 11-05-2013 02:18 AM

I hope they break the four name tradition and choose only three names.
Louise Maria Victoria
Louise after Madeleine's best friend, Maria is a family name on Chris' mother's side and Victoria because she is Madeleine's sister and especially since she is the future Queen.

Aidaa 11-05-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1596799)
In the Royal Baby Names thread, I suggested these combinations for Madeleine and Chris's child:

Boy

Carl Gustav (f) Johan Arthur

Girl

Lovisa Magdalena Lilian Charlotta

I have also thought of the following name combinations:

Girl:

Lilian Eva Silvia Maria
Sofie Lovisa Josephine Victoria
Amelie Louise Madeleine Ingrid

Boy

Frederick Carl Gustaf Paul
Gustaf Arthur Frederick Christopher
Oscar Carl Gustaf Christopher

:ohmy: Lovisa ? :whistling:

Archduchess Zelia 11-05-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidaa (Post 1615184)

Lovisa is an old Swedish name that as been used in the Swedish Royal Family before. Excuse me, and I may be missing something here, but I don't see what is wrong with this name?

GracieGiraffe 11-05-2013 07:38 AM

Well, Madde doesn't have to go out and buy a baby name book.

She can just read this thread!

Mariel 11-05-2013 09:59 AM

I suppose Madde will be conferring with Victoria about which names Victoria will NOT use for a future child. If Victoria has dibs on Lillian, perhaps then Rhagnild? Or Ragna. I think Ragna is a Swedish name which a classmate had but maybe it's Norwegian. That is pronounced Rahgna. In Seattle we had many Scandinavians. I admired the tallest girl in my school of 1700 students, Solveig Ivarson. (I was the second tallest, I think). Solveig (sunshine) is a great name, but I'm not sure if it's Swedish or Norwegian. We had lots of both in Seattle. Some of those Scandinavian names hop back and forth between Norway and Sweden.

I think Solveig is prounced Sol-Vay, but in Seattle the unfamiliar name was usually pronounced with the harder "g" sound. Solvay O'Neill sounds good. But I'm still ready for Lillian, Lilliana, or just plain Lily.

KitKat2006 11-05-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire (Post 1615097)
My guess:

Lilian Victoria Silvia Mary.

But I still don't know for sure if she will be Miss Lilian O'Neill, HRH Princess Lilian, Duchess of [someplace in Sweden] or HH Princess Lilian of Sweden.

I would rather prefer Countess Lilian O'Neill, but I know it's not possible.

It will be HH for the little girl. The courts solicitor confirmed it a few weeks ago.

principessa 11-05-2013 12:11 PM

Would the name of the little girl be announced in the announcement of her birth or later in an other announcement?

LadyFinn 11-05-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat2006 (Post 1615261)
It will be HH for the little girl. The courts solicitor confirmed it a few weeks ago.

The king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff said to Svensk Damtidning, that the child will be a prince or a princess. Because Madeleine is still HRH, the child will also be a HRH.
SDT1338_

BrazilianEmpire 11-05-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1615269)
Would the name of the little girl be announced in the announcement of her birth or later in an other announcement?

I think it'll be announced the day after the birth, l
as with Princess Estelle.

KitKat2006 11-05-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1615270)
The king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff said to Svensk Damtidning, that the child will be a prince or a princess. Because Madeleine is still HRH, the child will also be a HRH.
SDT1338_

OK, then my source was not entirly correct. They wrote the baby would be a HH. But I tend to believe a swedish magazin more than a german one. Because A: German magazines are always writing more (completely ridicoulus) fiction than fact. And because B: the swedish magazines do not have to translate the words of the solicitor and thus they have space for errors. Thanks for that link which corrected my words.

SwissRoyal 11-05-2013 04:38 PM

I do not think they will give Mini-Maddie a name that sounds very Swedish, like Astrid or Raghnild.

If you want your kid to have an international upbringing and potential schooling in NY, you should give it an international name.

Also, my bet is on 3 names, as Chris has only 2 so you would not want your kid to outshine the dad.

I would go for Lilian as a first name. Very international and modern. I just cannot foresee if Madeleine's relationship to princess Lilian was so close that she would name Mini-Maddie after her.

As second, third and potential fourth names, my bet is on Eva, Sylvia and Victoria.

An Ard Ri 11-05-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1615270)
SDT1338_

Thanks for the update Lady Finn,at least we now know it will be a Princess.

BrazilianEmpire 11-05-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwissRoyal (Post 1615376)
I would go for Lilian as a first name. Very international and modern. I just cannot foresee if Madeleine's relationship to princess Lilian was so close that she would name Mini-Maddie after her.

I heard from a swedish friend of my parents that Princess Lilian was very close to Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine, like a grandmother.

I believe the little Princess will be named Lilian.

nascarlucy 11-05-2013 07:23 PM

Lilian would be a nice name, I believe. My mother's name was Lillian. Pretty name that isn't common. I also like the name Christine or Christina.

If the baby is a boy, Christopher or Nicholas.

LadyFinn 11-06-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1615378)
Thanks for the update Lady Finn,at least we now know it will be a Princess.

So it looks that the king has made a decision about this very early. But of course we get the final decision when the child is born. Nothing is certain before that. But it would be odd if the child would't get a title when the king's solicitor has said so.

scooter 11-06-2013 10:11 AM

How about a slight variation, but still an homage..Princess Lilliana Christina

HereditaryPrincess 11-06-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidaa (Post 1615184)

I'm quite confused by this post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia (Post 1615207)
Lovisa is an old Swedish name that as been used in the Swedish Royal Family before. Excuse me, and I may be missing something here, but I don't see what is wrong with this name?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't see anything wrong with the name Lovisa, I personally find it rather pretty and pleasing to say. I also like "unused" (or names that haven't been used for a while) family names which is why I suggested it.

scooter, I love your suggestion of Lilliana Christina. It sounds elegant and beautiful. :flowers:

Now we know that Madeleine and Chris are having a girl; here are my suggestions:

Lovisa Magdalena Lillian Charlotta (I'm still sticking with this one)
Amelie Maria Silvia Victoria
Sophie Emma Madeleine Louise
Helena Victoria Silvia Maria
Désirée Sibylla Ingrid Anna

As much as I like traditional names, part of me thinks that Madeleine and Chris might choose a more modern name, so I checked last year's most popular Swedish girl's names (there isn't an update yet) and they are:

1. Alice
2. Elsa
3. Julia
4. Ella
5. Maja
6. Ebba
7. Emma
8. Linnea
9. Molly
10. Alva
11. Wilma
12. Agnes
13. Klara
13. Nellie
15. Isabelle
16. Olivia
17. Alicia
18. Ellen
19. Lily
20. Stella

Out of the list I like Alice, Ella, Emma, Alva, Klara, Olivia, Alicia, Ellen, Lily and Stella.
How about: Alice Josephine Thérèse Alva?

Archduchess Zelia 11-06-2013 03:27 PM

I could totally see them using a popular Swedish name that has a bit of regality to it. Alice is spot on. It's regal, it's popular in Sweden and it was the name of Queen Silvia's mum. I'm pretty sure that is going to be in the combination somewhere. I hope that they will use a name that is suitable with the title of Princess. I mean, I am the biggest fan of Saga, but Princess Saga just sounds like some video game. Same with Tindra (which I believe is quite popular in Sweden as well?), Princess Tindra just sounds off.

Julia, Emma (would Emma Pernald rule that one out?) and Isabelle fit the same criteria.

However, at the same time I could see them go untraditional as well. I would really like Pauline after Christopher's father. That would also honour the French origins of the SRF.

GracieGiraffe 11-06-2013 03:28 PM

Out of that list I like Ebba Ella Emma as the full name.

To the English speaking ears it sounds like someone reciting the alphabet in Swedish.

P.S. Given all of these -es and -el sounds, Estelle does not seem that far off in modern Swedish naming patterns, does it?

acdc1 11-06-2013 03:52 PM

Would it be weird for the little girl to be a Princess if her father doesn't have a title?

BrazilianEmpire 11-06-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1 (Post 1615648)
Would it be weird for the little girl to be a Princess if her father doesn't have a title?

King Edward VII of United Kingdom gave the title of Princess and the style of Highness to his granddaughters by his eldest daughter, The Princess Royal. Their father was a Duke.

The Prince of Wales and The Princess Royal are a Prince and Princess since their births (1948 and 1950), but The Duke of Edinburgh only became a Prince of the United Kingdom in 1957.

But I don't think there's a precedence in Sweden.

Mariel 11-06-2013 04:27 PM

Lilian Solveig (pronouned Sol-vay) With nickname Lili. Sunshine (Solveig) in the name is for happiness and lightness. Eva has already been used by Victoria but perhaps it should be added to honor the paternal grandmom. She is little discussed, looked so single at the wedding--so alone. She needs to be drawn into the circle. After all, little Lillian could look just like her, depending on genetic roulette.

Archduchess Zelia 11-06-2013 07:50 PM

Solveig is very old-fashioned. My study counsellor is called Solvejg (or among us students, Sunway) and she is nearing 70. It has a lovely meaning though. Eleanor (or Eleonora, like the Swedish Queen Ulrika Eleonora) means "sun ray".

Countessmeout 01-03-2014 06:17 PM

Unless Victoria will use Lilian, I could see Maddie using Lily (on the list of popular names) as a more modern sounding honor to Lilian. And if they want to avoid Eva because of Estelle, Maria for his mother.

Lily Maria Silvia Victoria

or if Lilian is reserved for Vic

Alice Maria Silvia Victoria

godparents:
Victoria
one of Chris' sisters
two friends of the couple (likely male friends to balance the two sisters)

Marty91charmed 01-04-2014 07:42 AM

I have no idea. I think she will give the baby 3 names. One of the might be "Lilian" but I don't see it a possible first name. I think she will strike us with an unusual/ unconventional name like Victoria with Estelle :-)

DuchessJenny 01-05-2014 07:08 PM

Potential Names and Godparents for Madeleine and Chris's First Child

I have not a clue or cannot out in a guess for the first name but I definitely think that Lillian will be in there somewhere for sure. Ella is also quite a sweet name so maybe that? I really do not know....I also like the idea of Alice being in the name.

CyrilVladisla 01-12-2014 08:32 PM

:crown2:For Madeleine and Christopher's daughter: Cecilia Helena Maria Frederica

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1639164)
:previous: I agree, I think there is a 99% chance that Lillian will feature in the baby's name combination. However, CyrilVladisla, I love your suggestion. Very beautiful names which haven't been used in the SRF for a while.

Though after all this time I'm still sticking with Lovisa Magdalena Lillian Charlotta.

HereditaryPrincess, Thank you!!
Princess Cecilia of Sweden (1540-1627) was the daughter of King Gustav I.
Helena Sverkersdotter (1190-1247) was the daughter of King Sverker II of Sweden.
Princess Maria Elisabeth of Sweden (1596-1618) was a daughter of King Charles IX.
Frederica of Baden (1781-1826) was Queen Consort, wife of Gustaf IV Adolf. They had a daughter, Princess Cecilia (1807-1844).:princess2::crown2:

Meraude 01-26-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1 (Post 1615648)

The sons of the Dutch princess Margriet are princes while her husband has no title, the ties between the Dutch and Swedish royal families are close.

LadyFinn 01-28-2014 11:30 PM

Gossip magazine Se & Hör "knows" the name, on it's cover:
Four weeks remaining for Madde
That's why the baby will be called Cassandra
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/SOH.jpg

SwissRoyal 01-29-2014 01:17 AM

Huh Cassandra??? Anyone know why?

I must say I don't like the name at all.

MoonShadow123 01-29-2014 01:10 PM

How do Se & Hör know what will babys name will be? Personally I don't believe it will be Cassandra.

HereditaryPrincess 01-29-2014 02:33 PM

Just out of interest, were Se & Hor or any of the other Swedish gossip magazines speculating on Estelle's name before she was born?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwissRoyal (Post 1636759)
Huh Cassandra??? Anyone know why?

I must say I don't like the name at all.

Well Se & Hor is a gossip magazine, and gossip magazines usually just speculate and spread rumours, so don't worry, it may not be true. :flowers: ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 (Post 1636897)
How do Se & Hör know what will babys name will be? Personally I don't believe it will be Cassandra.

Agreed. Unless Se & Hor have been told by Madeleine and Chris themselves, then I can't think how they know the name of their baby girl. On a slightly different note, I have nothing against the name Cassandra, but I hope it's just a rumour as I'm really hoping for a little Lovisa or Alice! Cassandra is also the last name I expected Madeleine and Chris to choose -- in fact, I didn't think about it. It doesn't sound very Swedish either. (But I guess since Madeleine and Chris are lower down in the line of succession, it doesn't really matter how Swedish-sounding the little one's name is.)

hkittybaby 01-29-2014 07:31 PM

I don't think she will be Cassandra (the name is hideous!)

MoonShadow123 01-30-2014 09:18 AM

It is possible that Chris and Madeleine may have not even chosen a name yet, they may have some names picked out, however may still have to make their final decision. I am sure they will choose a nice name.:flowers:

Noor Mariam 01-30-2014 10:16 AM

Why not Lilian ??? I think it would be a lovely choice in memory of Princess Lilian. The name is beautiful.

Royal_Royal 01-30-2014 10:23 AM

I'm pretty confident they will name her Lilian. The late Princess Lilian was a greatly beloved grandmotherly figure for Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.

Countessmeout 02-05-2014 10:29 PM

The only reason I don't see them using Lilian IMO, is if Victoria wishes to use it for another daughter. Id be shocked if neither used it, considering how close they were to Lilian before she died.

hkittybaby 02-06-2014 12:30 PM

I think Madeleine was very very close to Lilian (perhaps closer than Victoria was) so I guess Lilian will be somewhere in the baby's name.. Maybe not her 1st but as a middle name

HereditaryPrincess 02-06-2014 02:14 PM

:previous: I agree, I think there is a 99% chance that Lillian will feature in the baby's name combination. However, CyrilVladisla, I love your suggestion. Very beautiful names which haven't been used in the SRF for a while.

Though after all this time I'm still sticking with Lovisa Magdalena Lillian Charlotta.

LadyFinn 02-06-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1639121)
I think Madeleine was very very close to Lilian (perhaps closer than Victoria was) so I guess Lilian will be somewhere in the baby's name.. Maybe not her 1st but as a middle name

According to the swedish royal experts and swedish press, Victoria was the closest to Lilian after queen Silvia and Carl Philip was very close to prince Bertil (he was CP's godfather) and therefore to Lilian too. Some experts have said that Madeleine was the one of the siblings who had the most distant relationship to Lilian, but of course she loved her. The swedish press has pointed out many times that Lilian supported Victoria and Daniel right from the beginning. Svensk Damtidning told that long before it was official that Victoria and Daniel were a couple, Lilian had a photo of them at her table. Lilian had told to her friend: "The king doesn't want me to keep it there, but I keep it there anyway".

Because Madeleine sees her mother as her idol, I would expect Silvia as one of the names, and Maria from the O'Neill site and possibly Victoria.

GracieGiraffe 02-06-2014 05:35 PM

I personally like the name Cassandra.

While I would not normally pay too much attention to a tabloid's announcement, Madde has been known to put personal details out over the internet - Facebook, the due date and gender on the baby registry. So I would not necessarily be surprised if the tabloids picked it up over the internet.

IloveCP 02-21-2014 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1615088)
Now that Madeleine is having a girl, here are my guesses:

Lillian Silvia Eva Victoria
Amelie Lillian Silvia Alice
Josephine Silvia Eva Lillian
Ingrid Silvia Eva Lillian

Here is my final guess:

Désirée Silvia Eva Victoria

Countessmeout 02-21-2014 02:13 AM

I don't see Desiree or a name in use by any of her close family really. I think she will want something of her own, maybe a nod to her family but not so near, like Estelle. Along with Princess Desiree, her Aunt, I believe she has at least one cousin named Desiree. I could be wrong, but think she will stray away from it.

Lilian Marie Silvia Victoria (the last if Vic is godmother which she likely will be)

Amelie Eva Silvia Lilian

emmalisa 02-21-2014 03:42 AM

Josephine Maria Silvia Victoria
Cecilia Maria Silvia Sibylla
Louisa Maria Alice Victoria

Archduchess Zelia 02-21-2014 06:45 AM

I wouldn't be so certain on Lilian either. As LadyFinn so well said, it's well-known that Victoria was the one who was closest to Lilian and I could easily imagine them using the name for a potential second daughter, but I don't think Madeleine and Christopher will use it - at least not as a first name.

My final guesses will be:
Alice Silvia Pauline (Maria)
Pauline Silvia (Lilian) Maria
Saga Alice Pauline (Maria)
Helene Silvia (Alice) Pauline
Amelie Silvia Eva (Pauline)

And I reckon she will be Duchess of Uppland or Duchess of Medelpad.