The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Family: General News (July 2013 - present) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/king-philippe-queen-mathilde-and-family-general-news-july-2013-present-35566.html)

Marengo 07-31-2013 09:35 AM

King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Family: General News (July 2013 - present)

Queen Mathilde and her siblings have founded the Groupement Forestier de Losange (GFL).This foundation has a port folio of 3,33 million euros, mainly the castle of Losange and the land around the castle. This foundation has to prevent the property from getting scattered upon the death of one of the siblings: if one sibling dies, the remaining ones will get their share. The queen's share is valued at 675.000,- euros.

It is a common construction for aristocratic Belgian families. Reactions in the press have been surprisingly understanding.

Mathilde stelt familiefortuin veilig in vennootschap - HLN.be

Mathilde brengt gronden onder in vennootschappen - De Standaard

Marchesina 07-31-2013 10:01 AM

well, if there's nothing illegal in it, I don't find it odd that Mathilde and her sibling want to protect their goods. it's quite wise actually.

leidi 07-31-2013 03:40 PM

It's pretty logical to do so, protect the common properties and make sure the castle stays in the hands of family.

I think the Belgians are still honeymooning with their new monarchs so I doubt we'll see much bad press these days ;)

Marengo 07-31-2013 05:29 PM

It seems so, the confidence in the king went up with 10% the last month!

tommy100 07-31-2013 05:48 PM

I dont' see anything wrong with what they've done (more I'm sure for Mathilde's siblings rather than the ne King and Queen themselves). But isn't is similar to what Queen Fabiola did and got criticised for? It might not be as I didn't read the details of what she was meant to have done that was so shocking.

leidi 07-31-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy100 (Post 1584255)
I dont' see anything wrong with what they've done (more I'm sure for Mathilde's siblings rather than the ne King and Queen themselves). But isn't is similar to what Queen Fabiola did and got criticised for? It might not be as I didn't read the details of what she was meant to have done that was so shocking.

I guess the difference is that Queen Fabiola did that to protect what she got from the Belgian state (specially money) while Mathilde and her siblings are protecting their own inheritance, what their father left them when he died? (something that doesn't have to do at all with the Belgian state) :ermm:

I'm not very familiar with the terms of either foundation but I think that's the general idea.

NGalitzine 07-31-2013 07:48 PM

^^^^
Actually what Fabiola did was to protect what she inherited from her own Spanish/French family and to benefit her own family as well as her Catholic charities. Her foundation never had assets received from the Belgian state.

leidi 07-31-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1584250)

I believe that's because Philippe looks much more relaxed and assured right now, you can say that he truly wanted to be King and it shows in his demeanor, his father was actually a good King but you could tell he wasn't exactly thrilled to have that role (nor was he educated since birth for it like his son was), same for Mathilde and Paola, the former is more of a queen material than the latter, not that Paola did a bad job, in fact she was pretty good but both her and Albert are relieved to leave the Kingdom to their son and his wife ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1584288)
^^^^
Actually what Fabiola did was to protect what she inherited from her own Spanish/French family and to benefit her own family as well as her Catholic charities. Her foundation never had assets received from the Belgian state.

Thanks! then I don't really understand what the fuss was all about :ermm:

Al_bina 07-31-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1584250)

It is good news. It would be fair to say that King Philippe will successfully perform his duties.

stephanievl 09-22-2013 06:23 AM

It's car free day in Brussels. The king and Queen with their childern on their bikes in Brussels.

Pic:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2v2giu1.jpg

More pictures:

Iedereen op de fiets in Brussel, ook koning Filip

Isabella Park 09-22-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1602176)
It's car free day in Brussels. The king and Queen with their childern on their bikes in Brussels.

Pic:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2v2giu1.jpg

Thank you for sharing this photo.:biggrin:

iceflower 09-22-2013 03:34 PM

As always setting a good example :smile:

** belga gallery ** lavenir.net gallery ** apa/pictuerdesk ** 7sur7.be gallery **

** lalibre.be: Le Roi et la Reine à vélo pour le dimanche sans voiture ** translation **

** lesoir.be: Le Roi et à la Reine à vélo pour ce dimanche sans voiture à Bruxelles (vidéo) ** translation **

leidi 09-22-2013 08:18 PM

What a beautiful family, I just love how natural they are and how happy Philippe looks now, his life is as good as it can get :wub:

Isabella Park 09-22-2013 09:42 PM

Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eléonore grown up so much!!:w00t::wub:

iceflower 09-23-2013 03:38 PM

Here are two more galleries from yesterday :flowers:

** pp: Mathilde et Philippe de Belgique : À vélo avec leurs enfants dans Bruxelles ! **

** diezminutos.es: Felipe y Matilde de Bélgica pasean por Bruselas en bici **

kathia_sophia 09-24-2013 07:17 PM

Is there a full view and better look on the girls outfit?

Marchesina 09-25-2013 04:10 AM

another video from Sunday.
vtm.be

I suppose they took all by surprise as there are only shorts videos and not really good pictures around

martha-louise 09-26-2013 02:33 PM

I'm happy to see that King Philippe is smiling in almost every picture. He looks handsome and relaxed, which gives him a lot more charisma than before.
Queen Mathilde has grown from a nice girl into a beautiful woman with lots of self-confidence.

dbarn67 09-26-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martha-louise (Post 1603432)
I'm happy to see that King Philippe is smiling in almost every picture. He looks handsome and relaxed, which gives him a lot more charisma than before.
Queen Mathilde has grown from a nice girl into a beautiful woman with lots of self-confidence.

Agree on both points. Philippe has come into himself and Mathilde has a lovely serenity and confidence.

cepe 11-21-2013 09:18 PM

she is also having a "legs" event.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...ZxE1QtYYKl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...i-eWyqlQzl.jpg