The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   King Philippe - Current events part 1 - (July 2013 - present) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/king-philippe-current-events-part-1-july-2013-present-35476.html)

MAfan 07-17-2013 09:43 AM

King Philippe - Current events part 1 - (July 2013 - present)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...elgium_coa.png

Welcome to the 1st thread for King Philippe's current events.

Please post current news and pictures only of King Philippe in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines:
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

iceflower 07-22-2013 03:30 PM

On his first work day as King, Philippe today, July 22nd, received members of the government and several other officials.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rtl.be video **

** daylife ** belga gallery 1 ** belga gallery 2 ** apa/picturedesk **

** lavenir.net gallery: Elio Di Rupo a remis la « démission de courtoisie » au roi Philippe **

** demorgen.be: Koning Filip ontmoet Muyters en condoleert Kris Peeters ** translation **

iceflower 08-17-2013 11:53 AM

King Philippe today, August 17, officially attended the European Hockey Championships 2013 in Boom. He was accompanied by Prince Gabriel.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** daylife gallery ** apa/picturedesk gallery ** belga gallery ** lesoir.be gallery (scroll down) **

Isabella Park 08-17-2013 08:32 PM

Prince Gabriël is so handsome !
I'm so delighted to see the little guy. :rofl:
Thank you for posting.

Moonmaiden23 08-17-2013 09:36 PM

Look at how big Gabriel is growing!:eek:

All of Philippe and Mathilde's kids will be taller than average, I think!

leidi 08-18-2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1589676)
Look at how big Gabriel is growing!:eek:

All of Philippe and Mathilde's kids will be taller than average, I think!

well neither Philippe nor Mathilde are exactly short, so of course their children will be above average ;)

a beautiful boy and his handsome father :wub: those pics are so cute :flowers:

rominet09 08-18-2013 06:51 AM

He was already tall when he was born. He is extremely handsome !

Carminha Stalker 08-18-2013 07:32 AM

What lovely pictures of King Philippe with his son. Gabriel is extrmely handsome.

amaryllus 08-18-2013 12:36 PM

Beautiful boy. Great he got some alone time with dad.It can't be easy with his dads royal duties and being one of four.

stephanievl 08-19-2013 12:53 PM

Movie clips
Koning Filip en prins Gabriël bezoeken EK Hockey

Les championnats d'Europe de hockey ont débuté aujourd'hui à Boom

Koning en prins genieten van hockey

IloveCP 08-23-2013 01:21 PM

Here is a sweet story about Gabriel at the European Hockey Championships. As Gabriel is playing hockey at the White Star Evere, someone asked Gabriel how many goals he had scored this season and Gabriel hesitated a bit and then answered "42". Philippe knew better and said it had been 72 goals actually whereupon Gabriel replied that he didn't mention the real score because he didn't want to sound pretentious .

What a sweet and modest boy!

Duchess of Durham 08-23-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1591682)
Here is a sweet story about Gabriel at the European Hockey Championships. As Gabriel is playing hockey at the White Star Evere, someone asked Gabriel how many goals he had scored this season and Gabriel hesitated a bit and then answered "42". Philippe knew better and said it had been 72 goals actually whereupon Gabriel replied that he didn't mention the real score because he didn't want to sound pretentious .

And a proud father. :rofl:

leidi 08-23-2013 05:05 PM

Is there a source where we can read about this? :wub:

Tiggersk8 08-23-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1591682)

Now that's a young man who's been raised right. I'm guessing this is Field Hockey?

Lee-Z 08-31-2013 04:38 PM

For who's keeping track:
Belgian media report that belgian people's confidence in K.Philippe/Filip has risen from 51% in june (when he was still crownprince) to 69% in august (after becoming King).

Me thinks that's quite a nice thing for him to know...

Marengo 09-03-2013 07:30 AM

I am happy that the confidence is up. As Theo Aronson already wrote in 'The Coburgs from Belgium': The Belgian Coburgs blossom late in life'. It is remarkable that even in Flanders confidence is 60% (in Wallonia it even is 82%).

leidi 09-03-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1595339)
I am happy that the confidence is up. As Theo Aronson already wrote in 'The Coburgs from Belgium': The Belgian Coburgs blossom late in life'. It is remarkable that even in Flanders confidence is 60% (in Wallonia it even is 82%).

I think the thing is that Philippe now looks very confident, not as shy as he used to be as Crown Prince and having someone who's as charismatic as Mathilde by his side helps a lot as well.

Also: getting linguistic neutral names for his children and getting them into dutch schools? stroke of genius IMO ;)

iceflower 09-12-2013 03:40 PM

King Philippe and Lithuania's President Dalia Grybauskaite attended a concert in honour of the Lithuanian presidency of the Council of the European Union at the Palace of Fine Arts in Brussels this evening, September 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk **

iceflower 09-16-2013 11:48 AM

King Philippe has met with Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo for their weekly meeting in Brussels today, September 16, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rtl.be video **

** gettyimages/photonews gallery ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk ** daylife gallery **

iceflower 09-18-2013 03:02 PM

King Philippe has received the President of Kyrgyzstan Almazbek Atambayev in Brussels today, September 18, 2013.

** Pic ** gettyimages/photonews gallery ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk **