The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/king-philippe-and-queen-mathilde-current-events-part-1-july-2013-sept-2017-a-35471.html)

Marchesina 07-22-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1579562)
She wore it also at State Visit's abroad. In Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and i believe even in Morocco.

told you I wasn't sure...but I remember I read that somewhere

jgppo 07-22-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marchesina (Post 1579515)
yes she does, but if I'm correct it is tradition to only use it at home...at least, Queen Paola only used it at State Banquets hosted by Belgium. Aboard she kept on using her Bandeau Tiara. I hope that now Mathilde will receive the Bandeau tiara as well from her mother in law...and the Spanish wedding gift Tiara from Queen Fabiola of course. but this is another topic...

The new queen is wearing only the bandeau from the nine provinces tiara which queen Paola probably gave to her now. Paola did wear the tiara to events outside Belgium. I hope (like Marchesina) that the new queen will get the Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau and the Spanish wedding gift tiara but I think this would only happens when the other queens die

jen121419 07-22-2013 09:29 PM

Mathilde in the new portraits - wow! She looks so regal!

suztav 07-22-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leidi (Post 1579169)
This is so regal:

http://i.imgur.com/at3LtCH.jpg

Both are very elegant people and it shows in the portrait.

Positively stunning!

ladongas 07-23-2013 06:40 AM

Some additional pictures

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

She is so beautiful- and serious- in these pictures.

dazzling 07-23-2013 07:06 AM

Im not fond of the new official pictures at all. they both look very stiff in them. Moreover I don't get why they're pictured against a grey wall, quite weird to me. The garden picture seems like they ere photoshoped on.

The abdication official pictures were lovely and very real, they should of done something similar.

Jacknch 07-23-2013 07:39 AM

I do think the first official photos of a new king and queen should be formal and indeed I think the couple should look stiff, bold and strong, without a hint of informality in the way they stand and in their faces, since the images are representative of the gravity and importance of the role they now have.

The composition of the pictures was very clever, in that the new king and queen stand ahead with the capital city of Brussels forming the background. Whilst the grey wall background is rather stark, it does, I think, reflect a quality of light that enable the viewer to see the new king and queen with great clarity and purity, unblemished by distracting chandeliers or velvet curtains.

The photos are reflective of the fact that the Beligian monarchy has a certain austerity about it, a no-nonsense institution. Naturally, there will be other photos and indeed appearances by Philippe and Mathilde that show their vibrancy, sense of fun and informality and of-course their unassuming characters that have made them very popular.

I also like the fact that the photos are nice and different from the opulant ones done for Willem Alexander and Maxima (which I adore and think are wonderful) - it's nice to see different monarchies doing things their own way!

Well, that's my take on it anyways!

Marchesina 07-23-2013 05:16 PM

as predicted, the so-called Joyeuses Entrées will take place from September
here's the complete calendar
RTL

Blue_ 07-24-2013 06:23 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde are now on holiday in France
It is not known when Queen Mathilde and the kids will be back in Belgium, but King Philippe is expected to be back before july 31th and the mass for the 20th anniversary of the death of King Baudouin.

Article from Het Nieuwsblad

maria-olivia 07-24-2013 07:53 AM

The King and the Crown Princess travelled in the same airplane direction Nantes.

Esmerelda 07-24-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1581116)
The King and the Crown Princess travelled in the same airplane direction Nantes.

Are they not supposed to?

amaryllus 07-24-2013 10:02 AM

security/safety reasons I would imagine. if something happened to the plane,you don't want your whole royal family dead or hurt.

maria-olivia 07-24-2013 02:45 PM

Sorry , I just heard they did travel separately to France yesterday.

capri 07-24-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_ (Post 1581091)
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde are now on holiday in France
It is not known when Queen Mathilde and the kids will be back in Belgium, but King Philippe is expected to be back before july 31th and the mass for the 20th anniversary of the death of King Baudouin.

Article from Het Nieuwsblad

Although Philippe and Mathilde are of my favourite royals, I think their holidays immediately after Philippe's enthronement is not right. They could go in August.

Marchesina 07-25-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capri (Post 1581552)
Although Philippe and Mathilde are of my favourite royals, I think their holidays immediately after Philippe's enthronement is not right. They could go in August.

I think it was the only time possible. Philippe has to come back to work in August because of some official engagements that were already planned for King Albert and I suppose Mathilde and he will have to prepare with their team the Welcoming Tour (aka Joyeuses Entrées)

iceflower 09-01-2013 11:48 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended the historical religious procession Hanswijk Cavalcade through the streets of Mechelen today, September 1, 2013. The procession takes place every 25 years.

** belga gallery ** dhnet.be gallery **

** gettyimages gallery ** apa/picturedesk gallery **

** dhnet.be: Première sortie officielle du couple royal à Malines ** translation **

** pp gallery: Mathilde et Philippe de Belgique : Première royale, la reine lâche les chevaux **

** hln.be: Hanswijkcavalcade Mechelen is eerste officiële uitstap van koningspaar ** translation **

** lavenir.net gallery: Philippe et Mathilde à la cavalcade de Malines: première sortie officielle du couple royal **

** zimbio gallery: King Philippe Of Belgium And Queen Mathilde Of Belgium Assist At The Hanswijck's Cavalcade **

An Ard Ri 09-01-2013 05:38 PM

The Procession seems to be in honour of Our Lady of Hanswijk,here's some additional information I found on it.

Hanswijk cavalcade | www.hanswijkjubelfeesten.be

Footage of 1938,1963 and 1988

Hanswijk Cavalcade Mechelen (1938, 1963, 1988) - YouTube

leidi 09-01-2013 08:07 PM

Philippe looks so happy and handsome :wub: and even if I don't like the color on Mathilde, she's the kind of woman who can pull off nearly everything she wears :lol:

Princess Xenia 09-02-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarn67 (Post 1579203)
Is the brooch one she worn before or is it for the consort as well?

She has worn this magnificent brooch before, in Albert and Charlene's wedding and the dutch Abdication dinner. She also used it as a hair ornament in the pre-wedding dinner of William and Kate. It was a gift from Queen Fabiola to Mathilde.
And as far as I know it's not for the consort.

Al_bina 09-02-2013 11:32 AM

Thanks for the photos!
King Philippe looked comfortable in his new role.