The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/king-philippe-and-queen-mathilde-current-events-part-1-july-2013-sept-2017-a-35471.html)

iceflower 12-13-2014 04:01 PM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge in Bastogne today, December 13. The battle took place during World War II from December 16th 1944 until January 25th 1945.

In homage to U.S. Army General Anthony McAuliffe, who had said "Nuts" in response to an ultimatum by the German army, they threw nuts today.

** belga gallery ** tageblatt.lu gallery and video **

** lesoir.be gallery and video: Philippe et Mathilde à Bastogne pour la commémoration de la Bataille des Ardennes **

** dailymail: Belgian royals mark the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes in snowy weather...**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5qofBbpABk

Nikki63 12-13-2014 05:57 PM

Yesterday pouring rain and wind for Queen Fabiola's funeral, and today heavy snow. They both just carry through with grace and dignity. Bless em. :flowers:

Blue_ 12-13-2014 08:21 PM

I'm not sure this is the right thread to ask, but King Philippe and Queen Mathilde cancelled their visit to the Vatican. Do we already know to when it is postponed, if it is postponed?

Moonmaiden23 12-13-2014 08:30 PM

Goodness, that weather looks scary!:eek: Are flights still arriving and leaving in Brussels?

I can see that Mathilde is still dressed in mourning. I feel bad that she and Philippe can not take more time to mourn, but it's typical that they've gone back to their engagements the day after Queen Fabiola's funeral.

Blue_ 12-13-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1730765)
Goodness, that weather looks scary!:eek: Are flights still arriving and leaving in Brussels?

I can see that Mathilde is still dressed in mourning. I feel bad that she and Philippe can not take more time to mourn, but it's typical that they've gone back to their engagements the day after Queen Fabiola's funeral.

Bastogne is one of the "worse" places in Belgium when it comes to weather. Other places are fine, very cold and rainy, so the airports are okay :smile:

She already looks better than yesterday, and it's an important event to go. Plus, since Q.Mathilde grew up there and certainly participated to the events when she was a kid, it reminds her of beautiful times... and sometimes when you're grieving it's the best remedy :smile:

iceflower 12-16-2014 07:41 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received former EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso at the Royal Palace today, December 16:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** facetoface **

Muhler 12-16-2014 05:49 PM

More on the Bastonge commemoration: The Belgian royals go nuts in Bastogne | Royalista

With Queen Mathilde looking regal as always.

I must admit that I've never heard about the tradition about throwing nuts. I think the American soldiers would have appreciated it.

Marengo 12-16-2014 06:03 PM

They are clearly having fun with the it! Never heard about the tradition either but it is a nice one.

Juliette2 12-16-2014 09:17 PM

When I saw the pictures I couldn't understand what they were throwing! It looked like they were having a bit of fun doing it , too! Lovely tradition. And what can I say, Mathilde is just perfect. I watched Queen Fabiola's funeral and what a great couple she makes with King Philippe. What a lovely family! So united.

iceflower 12-17-2014 07:29 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde made a visit to the Psychiatric Centre Sint-Jan Baptist Zelzate today, December 17, marking the 150th anniversary of the institution.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** nieuwsblad.be gallery ** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

iceflower 01-07-2015 04:13 PM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received European Council President Donald Tusk at Laken Castle today, January 7:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery ** royalista article **

iceflower 01-08-2015 09:31 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted the New Year's reception for the Diplomatic Corps at the Royal Palace of Brussels today, January 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** facetoface gallery ** belga gallery **

iceflower 01-14-2015 07:54 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received former European Council President Herman van Rompuy and his wife at the Royal Palace today, January 14:

** Pic ** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

iceflower 01-15-2015 10:48 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted the second New Year's reception at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, January 15:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** facetoface ** belga gallery **

iceflower 01-20-2015 07:48 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted the third New Year's reception today, Jauary 20, this time for the European authorities.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

** europa.eu: Presentation of New Year's greetings of the Juncker Commission to Philippe, King of the Belgians **

iceflower 01-21-2015 08:52 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde together with Prime Minister Charles Michel arrived at the annual World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, today, January 21. They'll participate in the forum until January 23rd.

** belga gallery **

stephanievl 01-21-2015 02:11 PM

Philippe and Mathilde during one of the sessions today
http://i61.tinypic.com/izavjt.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/34g7zw2.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/dcx4av.jpg

iceflower 01-22-2015 09:16 AM

Thank you, stephanievl :flowers:

Here are some pics of their second day in Davos today, January 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

dazzling 01-23-2015 05:21 AM

Etihad Vice-President Vijay Poonoosamy meets with King Philippe Queen Mathilde of Belgium meet on the third day of 45th edition of the World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland, Friday 23 January 2015.

ANP pictures
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Belga picture gallery

iceflower 01-24-2015 02:24 AM

:previous:

Their day started with the "Belgian Power Breakfast" before they attended more meetings and sessions. Here are some more pics and a short video:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

** facetoface gallery ** nieuws.vtm.be video **

Today, January 24, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde were in Mons to attend the kick-off of 'Mons 2015 European Capital of Culture':

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** belga gallery **

** pm gallery: Mathilde se prend pour un insecte **