The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Wedding of Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill: June 8th 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f280/)
-   -   Madeleine & Chris: Wedding Guests (Confirmed) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f280/madeleine-and-chris-wedding-guests-confirmed-35212.html)

xenobia 05-22-2013 08:57 AM

Madeleine & Chris: Wedding Guests (Confirmed)

There is an article in the swedish newspaper Aftonbladet today. They published a list (not complete) of some guests:
Madeleine, här är dina bröllopsgäster | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Marengo 06-04-2013 11:58 AM

An updated list from aftonbladet, they claim that princess Charlene will also attend the wedding, on her own:

Här är gästlistan till bröllopet | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

xenobia 06-04-2013 12:48 PM

Other interesting names on the list:

Emma Pernald (Prince Carl Philips ex-girlfriend)
Susan Sangster (rich, brittish ex-wife of a bunch of rich guys)
Princess Khaliya Aga Khan
Anders Bagge, Andreas Carlsson (famous swedish music producers)
Mr Valentino Garavani (Guess who designed the dress....)
Marcus Samuelsson (famous swedish chef)
Princess Takamado of Japan

llj 06-04-2013 02:48 PM

Also interesting to me is Lady Sophie Hamilton, daughter of the Duke of Abercorn, and Countess Bianca Arrivabene Valenti Gonzaga, former Princess of Savoy-Aosta.

LadyFinn 06-04-2013 02:53 PM

The lists consists mostly of very rich people.

xenobia 06-05-2013 05:46 AM

This is a sweet story. Princess Madeleine is the patron of "Min stora dag" (My big day), a foundation that gives very sick children a chance to fulfill some of their dreams. A nine year old girl, Tilde, has been given a seat in the church. She will be accompanied by her idol Amy Diamond. Amy is also a hairdresser, so she'll fix Tildes hair before they're off to Slottskyrkan.
Tilde, 9, får sin dröm uppfylld | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

An Ard Ri 06-05-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1558358)
An updated list from aftonbladet, they claim that princess Charlene will also attend the wedding, on her own:

Här är gästlistan till bröllopet | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Interesting,we might get a Charléne in a tiara photo or 2 if its true.

No one from Belgium,Netherlands or Spain.

Lenora 06-05-2013 01:23 PM

It is interesting to see Princess Khaliya Aga Khan in the guest list. But here comes a little confusion, earlier it was written that she divorced Hussein Aga Khan and they have never been seen together since the statement. Or is there a possibilty she is in a friendly relationship with anybody from Swedish royal family?

Charlotte_Aster 06-05-2013 01:29 PM

:previous:Maybe she is a friend of the O'Neills.

Kit 06-05-2013 01:35 PM

I would guess she is a friend of Chris' mother both circulating in the same Austrian-German society circles.

LadyFinn 06-05-2013 01:38 PM

Khaliya Aga Khan, Kim Heirston Evans, Luisa Beccaria and Eva O'Neill at Hope for Depression Research Foundation Annual Luncheon Seminar, November 13, 2012
Patrick McMullan Company

TheRoyalCouturier 06-05-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1558660)

It's true that Charlene is attending, I got it confirmed from the Princely Palace (in an email).

NGalitzine 06-05-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier (Post 1558814)
It's true that Charlene is attending, I got it confirmed from the Princely Palace (in an email).

Thats nice, her second Swedish royal wedding. I wonder if she will opt in or opt out on wearing a tiara. If she does wear one I would guess it would be the smaller diamond Foam tiara.

mgrant 06-06-2013 08:45 PM

No one form Belgium, Netherlands or Spain?

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1558660)

Pardon my ignorance but no one from Belgium, Netherlands or Spain? :ermm: Why is that? Is it something political? Is it a royal thing?

COESpiral 06-06-2013 09:05 PM

I don't know about Belgium or Spain, but WA and Maxima probably can't attend due to their own upgraded royal duties. I doubt it's due to any kind of slight.

Al_bina 06-06-2013 09:27 PM

I am looking forward to seeing Princess Khaliya Aga Khan and Princess Takamado.
It is understandable that the neighbouring countries such as Denmark and Norway are fully represented. Perhaps Belgium has decided not to send anyone because they want save some money. Spain could have sent Infanta Elena.

JessRulz 06-07-2013 06:19 AM

The Royal Court has published the official guest list for the church, it is basically the exact one that Aftonbladet published earlier this week:

http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...sta_vigsel.pdf

ETA: The PDF link appears to be down for the moment (page not found), but should be back up and running shortly - perhaps someone pressed 'send' too soon.

Molly2101 06-07-2013 06:22 AM

That confirms the no attendance of Belgians, Spanish or Dutch royals.

Lumutqueen 06-07-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 1559582)
That confirms the no attendance of Belgians, Spanish or Dutch royals.

I'm surprised, this is a third child wedding I understand but it is still a royal wedding and European royals have always been close.

amedea 06-07-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1559587)
I'm surprised, this is a third child wedding I understand but it is still a royal wedding and European royals have always been close.

I'm surprised too, especially thinking that they all have "second/third children" to send: Laurent and Claire, Constantijn and Laurentien, Elena.