The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Denmark (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   Dutch Introductory Visit to Denmark; June 25, 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/dutch-introductory-visit-to-denmark-june-25-2013-a-35140.html)

dazzling 05-17-2013 12:30 PM

Dutch Introductory Visit to Denmark; June 25, 2013

Quote:

King and Queen visit Denmark

June 25, 2013
His Majesty King Willem-Alexander and Máxima bring Her Majesty Queen
June 25, 2013 a one-day introductory visit to Denmark.

Source: koninklijkhuis.nl

Marengo 05-17-2013 12:39 PM

I am not so sure if I like these introduction visits if they come in the place of normal state visits. No tiaras, 'only' a lunch with Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik.
I am surprised that they picked Denmark too btw, Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg are the obvious choices, so that is a nice surprise. Of course the Danish queen is a godmother of the new king. Let's hope that they will pay a visit to the UK soon too.

dazzling 06-18-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Visit Program

10:50
Arrival at Copenhagen Airport, Vilhelm Lauritzen's terminal. HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort will receive HM the King and HM the Queen of the Netherlands.

11:40
Arrival at Fredensborg Palace

15:00
Christiansborg Palace Meeting with HE the Prime Minister HE the Prime Minister. HM the King and the Queen of the Netherlands

15:40
Christiansborg Palace Meeting with Speaker of Parliament The Speaker of Parliament. HM the King and HM the Queen of the Netherlands.

Source: this link

liv 06-18-2013 04:24 AM

So they will be at home to celebrate Alexia´s birthday :)

Muhler 06-20-2013 11:18 AM

BB informs us that when King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima visit DK on the 25th, there will be a lunch at Fredensborg. At that lunch will also be Joachim and our Marie.

As you probably know Mary and Benedikte will be in Aachen at the same time and Frederik will be in Greenland.

iceflower 06-25-2013 06:27 AM

Here are the first pics of today's visit:

** go.tv2.dk gallery ** ppe gallery ** ppe gallery 2 **

** bt.dk gallery ** anp gallery ** daylife gallery **

** kongehuset.dk: Det Nederlandske Kongepar på besøg **

** dpp gallery: King Willem- Alexander and Queen Maxima visit Denmark **

** dr.dk: VIDEO Dronningen byder hollandsk kongepar velkommen **

** BB: Video: Hollands nye kongepar landet i Danmark ** translation **

** ekstrabladet.dk: Nu skal Maxima hygge sig med Henrik ** translation **

** metronieuws.nl: Foto's: Koning Willem-Alexander en Koningin Maxima bezoeken Denemarken **

** hola: Abrazos, risas y honores en la visita oficial a Dinamarca de Guillermo y Máxima de Holanda ** translation **

dazzling 06-25-2013 08:29 AM

Some nice pictures from today. Maxima's headpiece is quite pretty. Pity Frederik & Mary had other events and couldn't make it today.

The lunch menu click here

Marengo 06-25-2013 09:23 AM

A video from the NOS(right side of the page):

Koninklijk paar in Denemarken - NOS Nieuws

Nice outfit for Queen Margrethe btw!

madrid 06-25-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1568201)
Some nice pictures from today. Maxima's headpiece is quite pretty. Pity Frederik & Mary had other events and couldn't make it today.

The lunch menu click here

What is the dessert?

Bine221 06-25-2013 10:16 AM

What a shame, that Fred and Mary could´nt do it......
Another great outfit from Maxxx
Bye Bine

Shelo 06-25-2013 01:01 PM

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik hosted a lunch for King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima at Fredensborg Palace today. I like to see the royals spending time together and it looks like they get along very well. Queen Margrethe looks very beautiful today as well.

Dutch Royals Visit Denmark | Royal Hats

Muhler 06-25-2013 02:15 PM

The visit got a very good coverage on the 19.00 news on TV2 tonight. Including some resident Dutch children showing up to meet King W-A and Queen Maxima.

There sure are tall! QMII and PH are not exactly small, but King W-A and Queen Maxima are even taller.
I genuinely like Maxima, she has the abillity to lighten up a room simply by her postive attitude.

ricarda 06-25-2013 02:56 PM

I like Margrethe very much but this outfit is almost ridiculously "youthfull". What was she trying to say?: I am still young. No abdication planned! Her attempt to cover up the age difference was of course supported by Maxima who toned it down colourwise and looked older than her age. Perhaps this was also the reason why the visit was scheduled for a day when Frederik&Mary would be out of the country? :smile:

Queen Penelope 06-25-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricarda (Post 1568370)
I like Margrethe very much but this outfit is almost ridiculously "youthfull". What was she trying to say?: I am still young. No abdication planned! Her attempt to cover up the age difference was of course supported by Maxima who dressed and looked older than her age. Perhaps this was also the reason why the visit was scheduled for a day when Frederik&Mary would be out of the country? :smile:

I like Margrethe's outfit. The jacket is quite vivid. Love the colour, but I definitely wouldn't say it's youthful.

carlota 06-25-2013 03:22 PM

i was happy to see today these pictures of the visit! it's great WA and maxima are taking the time to visit neighbouring countries and get to know their counterparts. it's a shame though F+M weren't available, i would have thought they would choose a day that all the family was available to welcome them, but neither frederik or mary were available, and they weren't even in the same event. shame on the organisational side!

it's great to get a glimpse of joachim and marie. marie looks just ravishing in that red dress combined with the up-do. fantastic choice.

Koninklijk paar in Denemarken - NOS Nieuws

Lumutqueen 06-25-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madrid (Post 1568230)
What is the dessert?

After several google translator attempts, it's a "choux wreath" with icing by the looks of it. Bit like a big profiterole.

ricarda 06-25-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Penelope (Post 1568373)
I like Margrethe's outfit. The jacket is quite vivid. Love the colour, but I definitely wouldn't say it's youthful.

I meant youthfull for a woman of 73 of course, not youthfull in the sense that a young woman could/would wear it.

Archduchess Zelia 06-25-2013 04:26 PM

I love this picture. Seems like QMII was glad to see her godson and WA glad to see his godmother. And WA certainly is tall, isn't he? Half a head taller than QMII (who definitely isn't low).

Quote:

I like Margrethe very much but this outfit is almost ridiculously "youthfull". What was she trying to say?: I am still young. No abdication planned! Her attempt to cover up the age difference was of course supported by Maxima who toned it down colourwise and looked older than her age. Perhaps this was also the reason why the visit was scheduled for a day when Frederik&Mary would be out of the country? :smile:

I highly doubt she's trying to dress "younger". That merely is QMII's style of preference - bright and wow-y colours, preferably with some flowers. And she can wear it, which is the best thing about her style. Can't say I think that this outfit is much different than her usual outfits, and I quite like it, actually.

I don't understand the last comment. What have Mary and Frederik got to do with QMII's outfit?

Dman 06-25-2013 09:07 PM

How come Princess Marie of Denmark always have this look like she'll punch your lights out ?, :lol:

Duchess Marie 06-25-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

I actually adore Margrethe's outfit, she looked lovely in my opinion. She seemed to glow in the pictures! :smile: And Maxima looks gorgoeus too but i'm not a big fan of the headband