The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Abdication & Inauguration 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f279/)
-   -   Best Dressed Royal Lady at the Dutch Inauguration Festivities (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f279/best-dressed-royal-lady-at-the-dutch-inauguration-festivities-35051.html)

Marengo 05-02-2013 11:57 AM

Best Dressed Royal Lady at the Dutch Inauguration Festivities

1) Queen/Princess Beatrix: * Rijks Museum (middle) * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

2) Princess/Queen Máxima: * Rijks Museum (left)* Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

3) Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

4) Sheikha Mozah of Qatar: * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw (right)*

5) Crown Princess Masako of Japan: * Inauguration *

6) The Duchess of Cornwall: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration *

7) Crown Princess Sarah of Burnei: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration *

8) Crown Princess Mary of Denmark: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

9) Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

10) The Princess of Asturias: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw = This dress *

11) Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

12) Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

13) The Duchess of Brabant: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

14) Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw = This dress *

15) Princess Margriet of The Netherlands: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

16) Princess Sirindhorn of Thailand: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration *

17) Princess Irene of The Netherlands: * Rijks Museum (right) * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

18) Princess Christina of The Netherlands: * Rijks Museum (left) * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

19) Princess Sarvath of Jordan: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration *

20) Princess Laurentien of The Netherlands: * Rijks Museum (right) * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

21) Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau: * Rijks Museum (left) * Inauguration (right) * Muziekgebouw *

22) Other.

Marengo 05-02-2013 01:31 PM

You can cast your votes.

dbarn67 05-02-2013 01:33 PM

Maxima, noone could touch her though I didn't like her first gown.

bertie5252003 05-02-2013 01:35 PM

I don't see Mathidle name am I going mad ??? Sorry if it is there but next to Maxima I really thought she was the best dressed guest.

Her_Majesty 05-02-2013 01:38 PM

Definitely Queen Máxima. She looked stunning at all events! :flowers:

Marengo 05-02-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertie5252003 (Post 1547540)
I don't see Mathidle name am I going mad ??? Sorry if it is there but next to Maxima I really thought she was the best dressed guest.

Mathilde is listed as number 13 :flowers:

dbarn67 05-02-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

I thought Mathilde look the most consistently stylish lady after the Maxima. I like all of her gowns. I was also
really impressed at how consistently well-dressed Laurentien was throughout the festivities.

MartinaM 05-02-2013 02:49 PM

Queen Maxima! She was Queen of all events.

vkrish 05-02-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Mathilde is The Duchess of Brabant..

Marengo, you could have completely avoided individual names for entries 5,7,8,9,12,14 and added "The", just as you did for 6,10,13. It would have become uniformly regal, just the titles for all "second ladies" from 5 to 14..
Please consider doing that, it will make the list look more impressive..

Duke of Marmalade 05-02-2013 02:56 PM

Maxima by a mile - nobody could even hold a candle to her. Mathilde was second best for me, third Letizia (on day 2) and Mary (on day 1).

4Pam 05-02-2013 04:03 PM

Maxima wins. She looked every bit the CP/Queen that she was and is today. No one came close. She was perfect. Maxima's daily outfits are not always my favorite but she knows when to bring in the "big guns" when she needs to.

Second place is tie between Princess Lalla Salma & Princess of Asturias and 3rd goes CP Mary.

scooter 05-02-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarn67 (Post 1547538)
Maxima, noone could touch her though I didn't like her first gown.

Exactly! I couldn't believe that she would recycle a dress for That Occasion, never mind That Dress!

ricarda 05-02-2013 06:06 PM

Daytime: Maxima
Evening: Mary

All in all:
1. Maxima: The 2 daytime outfits (30 April) were simply perfect and the evening dresses weren't bad either, though not really to my liking. It was her day and she hit it on the nail where and when it really mattered.
2. Mary: I loved all her dresses, she looked great.
3. Mathilde: Despite not having the greatest body she can look really gorgeous. A bit too much pink for me though.
+ Letizia: The last was the best. She looked great, just not a fan of her colour choices.

Jacknch 05-02-2013 06:17 PM

Queen Maxima!
But everyone looked wonderful!

Iluvbertie 05-02-2013 06:18 PM

I would rate Maxima the worst dressed by far on all occasions - she looked absolutely awful throughout.

Mary looked blah on most days.

Letizia looked good.

Victoria - her usual lack of taste showed.

Camilla looked good on all occasions as the dresses she chose actually flattered her figure.

MM - well the less said about her curtain dress on the first day.

casualfan 05-02-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1547652)
I would rate Maxima the worst dressed by far on all occasions - she looked absolutely awful throughout.

Mary looked blah on most days.

Letizia looked good.

Victoria - her usual lack of taste showed.

Camilla looked good on all occasions as the dresses she chose actually flattered her figure.

MM - well the less said about her curtain dress on the first day.

I could not possibly disagree more!

NGalitzine 05-02-2013 06:48 PM

Maxima (in a class all her own, not really fair to compare the others to her on her day)
The Others:
1Letizia
2Mathilde
3Camilla
4Victoria
5Mary

cepe 05-02-2013 07:27 PM

I didn't realise it was a competition :flowers:

ANNIE_S 05-02-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1547670)
I didn't realise it was a competition :flowers:

Oh, I don´t think it is. It´s just for fun ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1547577)
Maxima by a mile - nobody could even hold a candle to her. Mathilde was second best for me, third Letizia (on day 2) and Mary (on day 1).

I agree with those choices.
Maxima shouldn´t be here, she´s already the winner. It was her day, and no one from her guest could ever overshadow her.

Mathilde second, I quite like her evening looks and she was IMO the best dressed for the ceremony in the church.

I liked Mary´s second evening dress the most. The one from the first day wasn´t my cup of tea because of the colour, but she still was one of the best. She missed it at the church.

Letizia´s second evening dress is one of my all-time favourites, so that has to be her best one. The daytime look was fine and she herself looked very good. And I didn´t like the dress from the day 1, but I liked the tiara and her hairstyle (and honestly, she always looks one of the best even when she wears ugly clothes, she´s just a beautiful woman), so I think it was a good couple of days for her.

Victoria disappointed me a lot. I loved her look the first day and she was my favourite at the dinner. But then her choices were strange. I didn´t like any of them, although I wish we could have seen the evening dress better.

Mette Marit only was beautiful the second evening, and Camilla only looked good at the church. Stephanie´s look were...well, her style.

claypoint2 05-02-2013 08:39 PM

I am a true admirer of Maxima, and I do think that the blue gown she donned for the inauguration, as well as the tiara, were stunningly beautiful choices. But the other two looks were, as my son would say, "meh".... So-so. The Valentino, in particular, didn't do her any favors.

In general I am not a big fan of the Princess of Asturias; I certainly don't dislike her but tend to be rather neutral. And yet I must say that everything that Letizia wore for this series of events was magnificent. She looked beautiful at every turn. Elegant, chic, fashionable, and appropriate for every event. She gets my vote.