The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 2: April 2013 - June 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/hereditary-grand-duchess-st-phanies-fashion-and-style-part-2-april-2013-june-2013-a-35035.html)

dazzling 04-30-2013 06:54 AM

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 2: April 2013 - June 2013

Welcome to Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style
Part 2

Previous thread can be found here

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Bine221 04-30-2013 07:13 AM

:cool: okokok, I think Stephanies dress was not one of the best yesterday evening, but better than many of her (sorry - boring) outfits during the last months, so definately an improvement IMHO .
BYe Bine

princess carmen 04-30-2013 09:40 AM

I'm sorry but no I liked the hat but the outfit was wrong. I know she likes to dress older , but can't she dress closer to 30 than 50. That was something her mother in-law would wear. After taking another look I think you are all right the hat is too big .

Lumutqueen 04-30-2013 09:48 AM

No to the hat but I like the dress, understated elegance frankly.

Baroness of Books 04-30-2013 09:50 AM

Unfortunately, the hat looked like something borrowed from Beatrix. It was too overwhelming for her face.

Dman 04-30-2013 09:53 AM

I have to admit, Stephanie dressed a bit too old for her age. Then again, that may reflect on her personality and her taste in style.

princess gertrude 04-30-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1546052)
Unfortunately, the hat looked like something borrowed from Beatrix. It was too overwhelming for her face.

I thought the same thing about the hat. It's just awful. The dress is okay.

Moonmaiden23 04-30-2013 09:53 AM

I'm with Lumutqueen on this one. The dress was elegant even if it was a bit too mature for her, but the hat was all wrong.

Her makeup was very good.

I didn't recognize the sashes that she and Guillaume were wearing?

soapstar 04-30-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess carmen (Post 1546031)
I'm sorry but no I liked the hat but the outfit was wrong. I know she likes to dress older , but can't she dress closer to 30 than 50. That was something her mother in-law would wear. I

I agree. I thought the dress looked very mother of the bride and that hat was horrible.

dbarn67 04-30-2013 10:05 AM

I didn't like anything; that hat is too large and the proportion of the outfit was off. Again, she needs a good tailor. Also, the color was a bit bland and not flattering to her skintone IMO.

cmbruno 04-30-2013 10:31 AM

Well, I think she looks proper. Not the best nor the worst of the day. As one of the posters here has said she has never made a shameful choice. Ellegance is good but not the most important thing in a crown princess. Just look at her smile - very endearing.

NGalitzine 04-30-2013 10:36 AM

Still walks like she just got off a horse; dress and hat look like they were made for Queen Beatrix. Better luck next time.

princess carmen 04-30-2013 11:01 AM

She has a nice smile they all do. I just wish she would dress her age or at least try dressing 30 , not dressing liker her mother in law.

PrincessofEurope 04-30-2013 11:49 AM

She showed promise with her divine wedding dress and pre-wedding banquet dress and since then nothing. I had hoped for better had the Dutch enthronement events but she disappointed. That hat is so heavy and dated it needs destroyed immediately.

Baroness of Books 04-30-2013 11:52 AM

The hat definitely detracted from a nice outfit; a more stylish hat would have improved the look.

Moonmaiden23 04-30-2013 12:04 PM

BoB I am just going to give you my posting proxy, we always agree. The outfit was light and elegant, I loved it even though she needed a tailor.

But that heavy "Beatrix" hat just ruined it all!

Baroness of Books 04-30-2013 12:10 PM

LOL, Moonmaiden! You know what they say about great minds and all that.;)

Water 04-30-2013 12:21 PM

She could dress more younger !! Her dress is quite good but the hat is just ugly !

Skippy 04-30-2013 12:26 PM

I feel sad for those who still hope for a glitzy glamour princess/Grand Duchess to emerge from the shadows.
I admire Stéphanie very much, and one of the reasons is her attire. Not overly glamorous, but proper and demure and event/occasion fitting.

As for "since her wedding dress nothing" - that depends on how you see it. I have always stuck with the idea "you can dress how you like but at your wedding you should pull out all the stops, since it's a once in a lifetime event." In that respect she has completely filled that idea since in many occasions today it's completely the opposite.

Anyway, Stéphanie remains true to herself and I think that she has worn some lovely outfits over the past few monts. And today she looked very regal.

princess carmen 04-30-2013 12:36 PM

I don't want glitzy or glam she dresses fine for a 50 year old. But she is not even 30 yet someone correct me if I'm wrong. I just think she would look so much better in her clothes if they were age appropriate. The outfit today looked like something a older woman should wear not a young pretty princess.