The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   If you could be a member of any royal family... (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/if-you-could-be-a-member-of-any-royal-family-34934.html)

izicat 04-06-2013 02:26 PM

If you could be a member of any royal family...
 
Not sure where to put this but:

If you could be a member of any royal family, which would it be and why?

Lumutqueen 04-06-2013 03:29 PM

Danish for the privacy and British for the coverage.

Doesn't a thread exist for this?

ANNIE_S 04-06-2013 05:29 PM

Of course, British :tongue:
Does another RF exist?:lol:

Roslyn 04-06-2013 06:47 PM

My own! I would want to be the one in charge. :biggrin:

If I can't start my own, then the Danish. Because I absolutely adore Queen Margrethe.

You'd have to pay me an insanely large amount of money to be a part of the BRF. I reckon Camilla must really, really, love Charles!

Mariel 04-06-2013 07:10 PM

Luxembourg. Why? They seem emotionally functional, although I know they sometimes have emotional problems like everyone else, like Josephine Charlotte so depressed on her wedding day to Jean. The BRF seems more than half non-functional emotionally. If I could belong to the functional half of the BRF that would be good. Like being in Edward and Sophie's corner, and a few other less well know British royals' families. Yes, I'd appreciate living in those nice places and having invitations to the Royal Box at cultural events. Would I fit? yes, but I'd have to practice greater diplomacy.

sancakli70 04-06-2013 07:30 PM

İ prefere an abloshed royal family, they aren't so much public like reign rroyals and have not so much to do :) for me as a muslim egypt :)

Jacknch 04-06-2013 07:38 PM

Ooooh what a great question!!! I think it would have to be the Danish Royal Family for me!! A lovely place to live, access to Danish art, design and fashions and a nice summer house on the coast! The language would be hard for me go learn though!

BritishRoyalist 04-06-2013 08:16 PM

The British Royal Family.

blauerengel 04-06-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn (Post 1536900)
My own! I would want to be the one in charge. :biggrin:

If I can't start my own, then the Danish. Because I absolutely adore Queen Margrethe.

You'd have to pay me an insanely large amount of money to be a part of the BRF. I reckon Camilla must really, really, love Charles!

Well, maybe we can both be adopted by the Danish RF,I like all of their members- at least the people that I know and read about! I adore Margarethe and the young royals are very down-to earth and kind-spirited as well,they seem like a really "normal" and nice family.Also,I have been on holiday in Denmark and I must say it is a very nice country with friendly people & good quality of living.

I also agree with what you say about the BRF,not all of the jewels and treasures or money they have at their disposal would make me want to join that family! They are probably nice individuals and I can feel empathic with the younger generation for they are similar in age,but the whole press circus and constant harassment by the paparazzis and interest in my private life would soon drive me absolutely insane.Also I would not like to join the Japanese royal family and become Masako No.2,they are one of the strictest royal households that I know!

Some other nice and friendly family seems to be the RF from Morocco and Jordan,they have a rather liberal/modern mindset compared to other Arab royals and live a life like many Europeans do-only I would need to learn some Arabic,but I learn languages easily:smile:

blauerengel 04-06-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariel (Post 1536906)
Luxembourg. Why? They seem emotionally functional, although I know they sometimes have emotional problems like everyone else, like Josephine Charlotte so depressed on her wedding day to Jean. The BRF seems more than half non-functional emotionally. If I could belong to the functional half of the BRF that would be good. Like being in Edward and Sophie's corner, and a few other less well know British royals' families. Yes, I'd appreciate living in those nice places and having invitations to the Royal Box at cultural events. Would I fit? yes, but I'd have to practice greater diplomacy.

I know it sounds odd, but I can also add to what you wrote about the many qualities of Luxemburg:They have some of the best butter croissants I ever tasted in my whole life!
Really,I only drove through Luxemburg and stopped for a breakfast,but this one remained in my memory for a long time-it is now 7yrs ago:biggrin:

Also about the Luxemburg RF-they are educated,sophisticated and live a normal life-they have very little scandals and don´t show off or party and celebrate themselves all the time.Very hard-working,modest and humble people,a good role model IMO.Furthermore I am absolutely in love with Stéphanie and Guillaume,they always make my heart sing when I see them,such a precious love and so nice and level-headed people,both of them!

BrazilianEmpire 04-06-2013 10:57 PM

I would love to be part of the Brazilian Imperial Family. They don't have a Throne, but they know how to act more regal than members of some reigning Royal Houses.

Well, who knows, maybe after retirement I can start my own country and Dynast. Like Prince Roy of Sealand.

vkrish 04-07-2013 02:44 AM

For work..To be a "real" royal...British
For a cool life..maybe Lux..

HRHHermione 04-07-2013 02:47 AM

I don't know if you could pay me to put up with what the British royal family puts up with from the press. Even the tiaras wouldn't be worth it.

I think I'd want to be part of Denmark's royal family, if only because Margrethe seems like such a cool lady.

capri 04-07-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire (Post 1536945)
I would love to be part of the Brazilian Imperial Family. They don't have a Throne, but they know how to act more regal than members of some reigning Royal Houses.

Well, who knows, maybe after retirement I can start my own country and Dynast. Like Prince Roy of Sealand.

Can you give us some information about this royal family? I didn't know that in Brazil there was monarchy. Maybe in the past

BrazilianEmpire 04-07-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capri (Post 1536989)
Can you give us some information about this royal family? I didn't know that in Brazil there was monarchy. Maybe in the past

Of course I can.

Brazil was a Constitutional Monarchy from our Independence, in 1822, until it's overthrown, by a military coup d'état, in 1889.

Historians agree that, during the Monarchy, Brazil was one of the greatests countries in world. One of the most developed, with a strong currency, the third most powerful Navy in the world, the first American country to have telegraph cabes in conection with Europe, one the first countries to use telephone, the second to use postal seal. I could keep saying wonderful things about the Brazilian Monarchy for years.

Emperor Pedro I reigned from 1822 until his abdication, in 1831. He gave Brazil the best Constitution we ever had.

After, Emperor Pedro I's abdication, his son, Pedro II, became Emperor, but he was only five years old. There was a Regency. During that time, there were lots ao riots.

In order to stop with the riots, in 1840, Emperor Pedro II was declared an adult, and he started to reign de facto at the age of 14 and half. He's reign is considered as the Brazilian Golden Age.

The Monarchy was overthrown because of two things: Emperor Pedro II's successor would be his daughter, Princess Isabel, and the politicians were not very happy with the prospect of a woman sitting on the Throne (Princess Isabel was even in favour of women's suffrage). And because, during her Regency, in 1888, Princess Isabel put an end at slavery in Brazil.

The Republic was proclaimed by a small group of militaries from Rio de Janeiro (then, Brazil's capital), backed by farmers who were angry after losing their slaves. The marjority of the population was in favor of the Monarchy. The Imperial Family had to be evacuated to Europe at dawn, because the new Republican Government feared a popular riot to bring the Emperor to the Throne.

During the first three decades of Republic, there were lots of riots against the Government. And the Republican Government responded murdering their opposers.

The Imperial Family was banned from Brazil between 1889 and 1921. And, from 1891 to 1988, be a Monarchist was illegal.

In 1993, there was a referendum, between Republic and Monarchy. Monarchy received 13% of the votes, because the Republican Governmet told a lot of lies and barred the Heirs to the Throne from appearing in TV.

Today, the Head of the Brazilian Imperial House, and Brazil's de jure Emperor, is Prince Luiz of Brazil, born in 1938. 21% of the Brazilian are in favour of the Monarchy (the Republic here is a mess, with a lot of corruption), and the Monarchist Moviment is getting stronger.

Some links:

Empire of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro I of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro II of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prince Luiz of Orléans-Braganza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brazilian Imperial Family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proclam...public_(Brazil)

Casa Imperial do Brasil - Home

capri 04-07-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire (Post 1537018)
Of course I can.

Brazil was a Constitutional Monarchy from our Independence, in 1822, until it's overthrown, by a military coup d'état, in 1889.

Historians agree that, during the Monarchy, Brazil was one of the greatests countries in world. One of the most developed, with a strong currency, the third most powerful Navy in the world, the first American country to have telegraph cabes in conection with Europe, one the first countries to use telephone, the second to use postal seal. I could keep saying wonderful things about the Brazilian Monarchy for years.

Emperor Pedro I reigned from 1822 until his abdication, in 1831. He gave Brazil the best Constitution we ever had.

After, Emperor Pedro I's abdication, his son, Pedro II, became Emperor, but he was only five years old. There was a Regency. During that time, there were lots ao riots.

In order to stop with the riots, in 1840, Emperor Pedro II was declared an adult, and he started to reign de facto at the age of 14 and half. He's reign is considered as the Brazilian Golden Age.

The Monarchy was overthrown because of two things: Emperor Pedro II's successor would be his daughter, Princess Isabel, and the politicians were not very happy with the prospect of a woman sitting on the Throne (Princess Isabel was even in favour of women's suffrage). And because, during her Regency, in 1888, Princess Isabel put an end at slavery in Brazil.

The Republic was proclaimed by a small group of militaries from Rio de Janeiro (then, Brazil's capital), backed by farmers who were angry after losing their slaves. The marjority of the population was in favor of the Monarchy. The Imperial Family had to be evacuated to Europe at dawn, because the new Republican Government feared a popular riot to bring the Emperor to the Throne.

During the first three decades of Republic, there were lots of riots against the Government. And the Republican Government responded murdering their opposers.

The Imperial Family was banned from Brazil between 1889 and 1921. And, from 1891 to 1988, be a Monarchist was illegal.

In 1993, there was a referendum, between Republic and Monarchy. Monarchy received 13% of the votes, because the Republican Governmet told a lot of lies and barred the Heirs to the Throne from appearing in TV.

Today, the Head of the Brazilian Imperial House, and Brazil's de jure Emperor, is Prince Luiz of Brazil, born in 1938. 21% of the Brazilian are in favour of the Monarchy (the Republic here is a mess, with a lot of corruption), and the Monarchist Moviment is getting stronger.

Some links:

Empire of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro I of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro II of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prince Luiz of Orléans-Braganza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brazilian Imperial Family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proclam...public_(Brazil)

Casa Imperial do Brasil - Home

Thank you so much, BrazilianEmpire!!!
I didn't know all this interesting history of brazilian monarchy. It' s a pity for your country how the things are today....

Mariel 04-07-2013 12:45 PM

More thanks for the information on the Brazilian monarchy.

episcogal 04-07-2013 02:19 PM

Definitely Norway because I think that family is lovely, especially Harald and Sonja.

BrazilianEmpire 04-07-2013 08:56 PM

Capri. Mariel.

You're welcome!

Yes, the things here in Brazil are really bad. But, as I said, the Monarchist Moviment is getting strong. Who knows, maybe my country will have a better future, with the Monarchy.

The Brazilian Princes and Princesses are wonderful people, they're really prepared to serve the people and the country.

Any questions about the Brazilian Monarchy and the Imperial Family, or about Brazil in general, just ask me.

Duchess of Durham 04-07-2013 09:24 PM

Either the Luxembourg RF or Hawaiian RF. Luxembourg RF has money, they stay under the radar, i.e. no major scandals.

I love Hawaii and if I were a member of the Hawaiian RF that means I'd be living in Hawaii.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises