The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f118/)
-   -   Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events Part 26: April 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f118/queen-elizabeth-and-the-duke-of-edinburgh-current-events-part-26-april-2013-a-34895.html)

Zonk 03-31-2013 10:38 PM

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events Part 26: April 2013

Welcome to part 26 of the current events of

The Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...lizabethII.jpg

commencing April 1, 2013

Part 24 covering the period June 3, 2012 to March 31, 2013 can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1534543.

iceflower 04-04-2013 07:40 AM

On April 2nd, the Duke of Edinburgh attended the Cambridge Conservation Initiative launch at the University of Cambridge.

** Pic ** cambridge-news.co.uk: Sir David Attenborough in Cambridge conservation hub launch **

iceflower 04-05-2013 10:40 AM

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh has opened the Britwell Community Centre and has visited Mars Chocolate UK in Slough today, April 5, 2013.

** zimbio/gettyimages: Queen Elizabeth II Visits Mars Chocolate **

** eastbourneherald.co.uk: Queen gets sweet lesson on visit **

** hellomagazine: A sweet day out for the Queen and Prince Philip at the Mars chocolate factory **

roseroyal 04-05-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1536385)

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh has opened the Britwell Community Centre and has visited Mars Chocolate UK in Slough today, April 5, 2013.

** zimbio/gettyimages: Queen Elizabeth II Visits Mars Chocolate **

** eastbourneherald.co.uk: Queen gets sweet lesson on visit **

** hellomagazine: A sweet day out for the Queen and Prince Philip at the Mars chocolate factory **

Now there's one Royal visit I would have loved to go on- Yummy! Wonder if the lady in waiting carried Pepto Bismol in her handbag?As always, loved Phillip and his comments!

Osipi 04-05-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1536425)
Now there's one Royal visit I would have loved to go on- Yummy! Wonder if the lady in waiting carried Pepto Bismol in her handbag?As always, loved Phillip and his comments!

I would really have liked to see close up pictures of the carriage and the painting with the M&Ms. M&Ms are my absolute favorites and would love to add those guardsmen to my collection of M&M stuff. I betcha it was Red that stood guard. :biggrin:

Artemisia 04-05-2013 01:07 PM

If I ever got into one of those factories, they'd have to call security to get me out. Mmmm.. Chocolate!

Daria_S 04-05-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1536425)

You and me both! Prince Philip is a riot, as always.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1536431)

I would really have liked to see close up pictures of the carriage and the painting with the M&Ms. M&Ms are my absolute favorites and would love to add those guardsmen to my collection of M&M stuff. I betcha it was Red that stood guard. :biggrin:

It'd love to see the carriage and the painting too. Though I'd probably eat them all :biggrin:.

Dman 04-07-2013 10:34 AM

Queen's racing manager faces police quiz over 'Twitter suicide':
John Warren, a leading figure in the horse racing world who oversees all of the Queen’s racing and horse breeding interests, will be questioned by officers following the death of a stud farm assistant manager-
Queen's racing manager faces police quiz over 'Twitter suicide' - Telegraph

Didn't know where to put this.

EIIR 04-08-2013 09:30 AM

Check out all the Maltesers HM was shown at the Mars factory! I would love to just dive right in, literally.

Queen Elizabeth II Visits Chocolate Factory - Pictures - Zimbio

roseroyal 04-08-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1537334)
Check out all the Maltesers HM was shown at the Mars factory! I would love to just dive right in, literally.

You and me both! It reminds me of the ball pits, and sensory tubs I played with / in as a toddler in Occupational Therapy!I wonder how many candies were in there?

Tiggersk8 04-08-2013 10:34 AM

And just think....Those were the ones that weren't deemed good enough to be sold and were going to be melted down again to try again. Sigh....If only!!

Daria_S 04-08-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1537334)

Oh, heavens! That is a lot of chocolate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1537348)
You and me both! It reminds me of the ball pits, and sensory tubs I played with / in as a toddler in Occupational Therapy!I wonder how many candies were in there?

If sensory tubs for OT had chocolate, more kids would want to go to OT, and actually touch stuff. I have some kids who are on the tactile defensive side, and I think chocolate would be the only thing they'd be willing to touch without having a meltdown.

roseroyal 04-08-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1537583)
Oh, heavens! That is a lot of chocolate.

If sensory tubs for OT had chocolate, more kids would want to go to OT, and actually touch stuff. I have some kids who are on the tactile defensive side, and I think chocolate would be the only thing they'd be willing to touch without having a meltdown.

Sadly, the tubs I worked with had no chocolate, only things like sand, rice, and dry cereal! Had there been chocolate, I would have been in paradise....

Daria_S 04-08-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1537588)
Sadly, the tubs I worked with had no chocolate, only things like sand, rice, and dry cereal! Had there been chocolate, I would have been in paradise....

I can only imagine, because I'd be begging the OT to take me to the session, so that I could 'encourage' the student to participate...errr...have some of that chocolate in the tub :biggrin: :lol:.

cepe 04-09-2013 06:22 AM

This is a massive honour

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter14m
The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, will attend the Funeral Service of Baroness Thatcher at St Paul’s Cathedral on April 17.

Dman 04-09-2013 07:45 AM

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 2h
Daniel Craig aka James Bond has had another close encounter with the Queen, this time with his wife for a 'dine and sleep' at Windsor Castle

That must have been a great honor for them.

iceflower 04-10-2013 09:35 AM

Queen Elizabeth attended an Investiture Ceremony at Windsor Castle today, April 10. Singer Kate Bush was among the recipients.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

julliette 04-10-2013 11:49 AM

OMG What is Kate Bush wearing? Someone tell she is at Windsor Castle not at the supermarket, please.
The Queen's dress is fabulous!

EIIR 04-10-2013 12:42 PM

Kate Bush stays out of the limelight these days, I'm surprised she went to the investiture at all.

I agree that the Queen's dress is a real cracker.

LadyGabrielle 04-10-2013 03:31 PM

Who is Kate Bush and, she looks like she just got out of bed. I was under the impression you are supposed to at least look presentable when you meet the Queen. Hmm.