The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f118/)
-   -   Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events Part 26: April 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f118/queen-elizabeth-and-the-duke-of-edinburgh-current-events-part-26-april-2013-a-34895.html)

Zonk 03-31-2013 10:38 PM

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events Part 26: April 2013
 

Welcome to part 26 of the current events of

The Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh



http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...lizabethII.jpg



commencing April 1, 2013


Part 24 covering the period June 3, 2012 to March 31, 2013 can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1534543.

iceflower 04-04-2013 07:40 AM

.

On April 2nd, the Duke of Edinburgh attended the Cambridge Conservation Initiative launch at the University of Cambridge.



** Pic ** cambridge-news.co.uk: Sir David Attenborough in Cambridge conservation hub launch **

iceflower 04-05-2013 10:40 AM

.

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh has opened the Britwell Community Centre and has visited Mars Chocolate UK in Slough today, April 5, 2013.




** zimbio/gettyimages: Queen Elizabeth II Visits Mars Chocolate **


** eastbourneherald.co.uk: Queen gets sweet lesson on visit **


** hellomagazine: A sweet day out for the Queen and Prince Philip at the Mars chocolate factory **

roseroyal 04-05-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1536385)
.

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh has opened the Britwell Community Centre and has visited Mars Chocolate UK in Slough today, April 5, 2013.




** zimbio/gettyimages: Queen Elizabeth II Visits Mars Chocolate **


** eastbourneherald.co.uk: Queen gets sweet lesson on visit **


** hellomagazine: A sweet day out for the Queen and Prince Philip at the Mars chocolate factory **

Now there's one Royal visit I would have loved to go on- Yummy! Wonder if the lady in waiting carried Pepto Bismol in her handbag?As always, loved Phillip and his comments!

Osipi 04-05-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1536425)
Now there's one Royal visit I would have loved to go on- Yummy! Wonder if the lady in waiting carried Pepto Bismol in her handbag?As always, loved Phillip and his comments!

I would really have liked to see close up pictures of the carriage and the painting with the M&Ms. M&Ms are my absolute favorites and would love to add those guardsmen to my collection of M&M stuff. I betcha it was Red that stood guard. :biggrin:

Artemisia 04-05-2013 01:07 PM

If I ever got into one of those factories, they'd have to call security to get me out. Mmmm.. Chocolate!

Daria_S 04-05-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1536425)

Now there's one Royal visit I would have loved to go on- Yummy! Wonder if the lady in waiting carried Pepto Bismol in her handbag?As always, loved Phillip and his comments!

You and me both! Prince Philip is a riot, as always.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1536431)

I would really have liked to see close up pictures of the carriage and the painting with the M&Ms. M&Ms are my absolute favorites and would love to add those guardsmen to my collection of M&M stuff. I betcha it was Red that stood guard. :biggrin:

It'd love to see the carriage and the painting too. Though I'd probably eat them all :biggrin:.

Dman 04-07-2013 10:34 AM

Queen's racing manager faces police quiz over 'Twitter suicide':
John Warren, a leading figure in the horse racing world who oversees all of the Queen’s racing and horse breeding interests, will be questioned by officers following the death of a stud farm assistant manager-
Queen's racing manager faces police quiz over 'Twitter suicide' - Telegraph

Didn't know where to put this.

EIIR 04-08-2013 09:30 AM

Check out all the Maltesers HM was shown at the Mars factory! I would love to just dive right in, literally.

Queen Elizabeth II Visits Chocolate Factory - Pictures - Zimbio

roseroyal 04-08-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1537334)
Check out all the Maltesers HM was shown at the Mars factory! I would love to just dive right in, literally.

Queen Elizabeth II Visits Chocolate Factory - Pictures - Zimbio

You and me both! It reminds me of the ball pits, and sensory tubs I played with / in as a toddler in Occupational Therapy!I wonder how many candies were in there?

Tiggersk8 04-08-2013 10:34 AM

And just think....Those were the ones that weren't deemed good enough to be sold and were going to be melted down again to try again. Sigh....If only!!

Daria_S 04-08-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIIR (Post 1537334)
Check out all the Maltesers HM was shown at the Mars factory! I would love to just dive right in, literally.

Queen Elizabeth II Visits Chocolate Factory - Pictures - Zimbio

Oh, heavens! That is a lot of chocolate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1537348)
You and me both! It reminds me of the ball pits, and sensory tubs I played with / in as a toddler in Occupational Therapy!I wonder how many candies were in there?

If sensory tubs for OT had chocolate, more kids would want to go to OT, and actually touch stuff. I have some kids who are on the tactile defensive side, and I think chocolate would be the only thing they'd be willing to touch without having a meltdown.

roseroyal 04-08-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1537583)
Oh, heavens! That is a lot of chocolate.



If sensory tubs for OT had chocolate, more kids would want to go to OT, and actually touch stuff. I have some kids who are on the tactile defensive side, and I think chocolate would be the only thing they'd be willing to touch without having a meltdown.

Sadly, the tubs I worked with had no chocolate, only things like sand, rice, and dry cereal! Had there been chocolate, I would have been in paradise....

Daria_S 04-08-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1537588)
Sadly, the tubs I worked with had no chocolate, only things like sand, rice, and dry cereal! Had there been chocolate, I would have been in paradise....

I can only imagine, because I'd be begging the OT to take me to the session, so that I could 'encourage' the student to participate...errr...have some of that chocolate in the tub :biggrin: :lol:.

cepe 04-09-2013 06:22 AM

This is a massive honour

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter14m
The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, will attend the Funeral Service of Baroness Thatcher at St Paul’s Cathedral on April 17.

Dman 04-09-2013 07:45 AM

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 2h
Daniel Craig aka James Bond has had another close encounter with the Queen, this time with his wife for a 'dine and sleep' at Windsor Castle

That must have been a great honor for them.

iceflower 04-10-2013 09:35 AM

.

Queen Elizabeth attended an Investiture Ceremony at Windsor Castle today, April 10. Singer Kate Bush was among the recipients.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

julliette 04-10-2013 11:49 AM

OMG What is Kate Bush wearing? Someone tell she is at Windsor Castle not at the supermarket, please.
The Queen's dress is fabulous!

EIIR 04-10-2013 12:42 PM

Kate Bush stays out of the limelight these days, I'm surprised she went to the investiture at all.

I agree that the Queen's dress is a real cracker.

LadyGabrielle 04-10-2013 03:31 PM

Who is Kate Bush and, she looks like she just got out of bed. I was under the impression you are supposed to at least look presentable when you meet the Queen. Hmm.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises