The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Electronic Domain (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f220/)
-   -   "Our Queen" ITV 17 March 2013 [in depth portrait of EIIR during Diamond Jubilee year] (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f220/our-queen-itv-17-march-2013-in-depth-portrait-of-eiir-during-diamond-jubilee-year-34737.html)

Molly2101 03-01-2013 07:57 PM

"Our Queen" ITV 17 March 2013 [in depth portrait of EIIR during Diamond Jubilee year]

ITV Broadcasting have made a two hour documentary on the Queen, which is due to be broadcast this month.

ITV to show landmark documentary on the Queen

ITV Press Release:
ITV to show landmark documentary on The Queen

ITV is pleased to announce the forthcoming broadcast of Our Queen, a landmark, in-depth portrait of Queen Elizabeth II during one of the most momentous years of her reign.

The new 1x120 documentary film has been filmed with unique access during the Diamond Jubilee year to members of the Royal Family, to Her Majesty's staff - some talking for the first time - to her Prime Ministers and to her residences.

Made by the award-winning producer-director, Michael Waldman, and the best-selling royal author and writer, Robert Hardman, for Oxford Film and Television, Our Queen follows the Jubilee from the inside. It also explores the modern Monarchy, delivering an insight into the way the world’s most famous woman leads the world’s best-known royal house, how she balances tradition with modernisation, and how her level of public affection is maintained amid the ever-changing political and social landscape of her reign.

Filmed throughout 2012, this observational two-hour documentary is a study of leadership, judgement and character, set against the spectacular pageantry of the Diamond Jubilee year, which sets out to provide a close perspective of Our Queen and what she means to Britain and the world.

Our Queen was ordered by ITV's Factual Commissioning Team. Jo Clinton-Davis, Controller of Popular Factual, said: "This is a landmark documentary covering an exceptional year in the life of the Queen and we are delighted to be able to broadcast it on ITV later this year."

Nicolas Kent, Creative Director, Oxford Film and Television, and Executive Producer for Our Queen, said: "We've been enormously fortunate. When we set out to make a film about the special relationship between the Queen and the British people, we didn't anticipate that the combination of the Jubilee and the Olympics would make this such a momentous year for the monarchy and the country.”

The Queen behind the scenes: The Mail's Robert Hardman was given unique access to follow Her Majesty | Mail Online

Interesting that Sophie gives an interview for the documentary... I look forward to this documentary.

Ps. Mods, sorry if this in the wrong place. Please move it if necessary. :D

royalistbert 03-01-2013 08:12 PM

OMG I can't sounds interesting. :flowers:

Dman 03-01-2013 08:48 PM

I do enjoy these documentaries because it give a pretty good insight in the working lives of the royal family. I love the behind the scenes stuff. Looking forward to this doc.

sunshine2012 03-02-2013 06:04 AM

so curious to see it! so if it's not in the current itv guide (going till march 11), it will not be inserted, will it? so i only have to check after that date?

HereditaryPrincess 03-02-2013 02:59 PM

I'm looking forward to this documentary! I've always liked documentaries about the RF, as I think that they're very interesting and I also learn quite a bit of information from them. It's also nice to see the Countess of Wessex featuring, I haven't heard her speak yet so this will be a treat. Thanks for informing us about the documentary, I'll defiantly be tuning in!

Molly2101 03-02-2013 04:24 PM

Sophie sounds really posh HereditaryPrincess, and her voice has changed since she married. Nice of her to speak about her mother-in-law though.

HereditaryPrincess 03-03-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 1522461)
Sophie sounds really posh HereditaryPrincess, and her voice has changed since she married. Nice of her to speak about her mother-in-law though.

Thanks for giving me an idea of what Sophie sounds like, Molly. :flowers:

Out of the Wessex family I've only heard Edward speak, and that was also in a documentary about HM.

sunshine2012 03-03-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1522770)
Thanks for giving me an idea of what Sophie sounds like, Molly. :flowers:

Out of the Wessex family I've only heard Edward speak, and that was also in a documentary about HM.

somebody recently posted a video spoken by her in one of the Wessex' threads :smile: Countess _of_Wessex_HD on Vimeo

EIIR 03-03-2013 03:25 PM

You can hear a little bit Sophie speaking at about the 4:30 mark in this touching excerpt of Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work, which was made in 2007:

Monarchy The Royal Family at Work Part 3 of 7 - YouTube

MarNoe 03-03-2013 04:03 PM

Is there any chance of this being shown in the US?

HereditaryPrincess 03-07-2013 05:03 PM

Thank you both for the videos- Sophie sounds lovely. I'm looking forward into seeing her in this documentary.

Molly2101 03-07-2013 05:36 PM

In Sophie's video for National Autistic Society she sounds really posh, but she has kind of always sounded posh. Likely changed her accent meeting Edward to "fit in".

HereditaryPrincess 03-07-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 1524561)
In Sophie's video for National Autistic Society she sounds really posh, but she has kind of always sounded posh. Likely changed her accent meeting Edward to "fit in".

I agree- I think that in some parts of the video, she sounded a bit like HM did when she was younger.

Warren 03-08-2013 05:57 PM

:royalstandard:

"The Queen" 2 hour documentary will be shown in Britain at 8pm, Sunday 17 March

according to MailOnline

Alberto2244 03-12-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarNoe (Post 1522822)
Is there any chance of this being shown in the US?

One can pre-order it already at "Our Queen" Our Queen (DVD) at BBC Shop

Amazon UK certainly in a few days will sell it as well.

vkrish 03-12-2013 10:05 AM

Guys how long will it take to come on Youtube, in full?
I cant watch it in TV..

Dman 03-12-2013 10:40 AM

I will try to watch it from this site:
TVPC.com - Channel List

I'm sure someone will upload it to YouTube later on.

EIIR 03-12-2013 02:37 PM

Some more pictures from Sunday's documentary in this article. It seems HM's private sitting room is a tad untidy, which makes me feel less guilty about mine;). Her little ceramic corgis on her desk are so sweet.

Note also that HM apparently reads 'Majesty' magazine, which must have thrilled everyone involved with it. She doesn't appear to have the Daily Mail on her reading list, however, a fact the DM failed to point out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-retreat.html

Dman 03-14-2013 10:08 AM

Videos:
Rare access to the Queen in Jubilee year & Filming Queen documentary was 'privileged experience':
Royal - ITV News

Video Preview:
Queen documentary goes behind the scenes during Jubilee
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21783843

Warren 03-14-2013 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The cushion
Thumbnail cropped from larger image.