The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Confirmations: Victoria - 1992, Carl Philip - 1994, Madeleine - 1997 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/confirmations-victoria-1992-carl-philip-1994-madeleine-1997-a-3468.html)

Josefine 08-31-2004 08:50 AM

Confirmations: Victoria - 1992, Carl Philip - 1994, Madeleine - 1997

10 Attachment(s)
here are a few photos from Victorias confirmation 1992

Josefine 08-31-2004 08:51 AM

6 Attachment(s)
here are a few more

Josefine 08-31-2004 09:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Carl Philip Conformation 1994

Yennie 08-31-2004 09:47 AM

No Madeleine?

Josefine 08-31-2004 09:49 AM

I have not found anything yet
if you find any just post them and i will change the title
so what churches were they at

Josefine 01-03-2005 06:43 AM

does anyone have madeleine photos if her Confimation

Yennie 01-03-2005 07:17 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here´s some from Madeleines confirmation in august 1997

La Chen 01-03-2005 08:47 PM

Ooopss i think i missed something here... what's about a confirmation? i saw the Vics picture and seemed to me a religious confirmation, but Madde's like a toga party... so what is a confirmation for the swedes?

Lena 01-03-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Chen
Ooopss i think i missed something here... what's about a confirmation? i saw the Vics picture and seemed to me a religious confirmation, but Madde's like a toga party... so what is a confirmation for the swedes?

There´s not much difference between the confirmation of Swedes to the confirmations of other nations. You decide as "mature" individual to become part of the religion to which you belong since your baptism.
The reason, why Madeleine looks like participating in a toga-party is simply, that she and her colleagues/friends acted in a little play about a story in the bible. This was part of the programme and they probably rehearsed it in the confirmation camp, which was held in the weeks before. In other pictures you see Madeleine wearing the same as Victoria. That´s the official dress for the confirmation (don´t know if it´s in all counties of Sweden worn, but I guess in many)

Yennie 01-04-2005 07:16 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Lena is right. That long dress with a collar is the official dress and I think its worn at all confirmations in Swedish churchs.

The month before her confirmation Madeleine stayed at Medevi Brunn close to the lake of Vättern where she and her friends studied the bible and talked about various things, like life, love, right/wrong...

1. Madeleine and Lussan taking a walk
2. Closeup of Madeleine
3. Madeleine during the traditional "Grötlunken" (dunno what that is really :))
4. Madeleine again¨
5. Madeleine during the camp at Medevi

La Chen 01-04-2005 01:15 PM

Thanks Lena, i got it!

I first did my confirmation and days after my 1st comunnion at 11 years old (i didn't feel a mature) into the catholic religion, but if you ask me, well i did it because i have to, like a tradition, your parents did, brothers, sisters, friends, etc... because you are baptised catholic you must do those things,but of course as a baby you are not in position to choose religion, so no with the whole conviction you must have, i did it. Now i'm not into religion... hows is in Sweden? Lutheran, Baptise?

GrandDuchess 01-04-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Chen
hows is in Sweden? Lutheran, Baptise?

Sweden has no State religion anymore; it was abolished as we entered the new millennium. The biggest church in Sweden is the Church of Sweden – the old State church, which is Lutheran Evangelical. 87% belongs to the Church of Sweden, that’s the last figure I heard at least – it might’ve gone down a little. The Church of Sweden's webiste can be found here: Svenska Kyrkan

Yennie 04-24-2005 03:13 PM

6 Attachment(s)
some random photos from their confirmations!

Josefine 04-30-2005 06:40 AM

queen beatrix was at victorias conformation was there other royals there

Gita 04-30-2005 12:54 PM

Confimation

Is it compulsory for members of the Royal Family to be confirmed?

Thanks.

Yennie 04-30-2005 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine
queen beatrix was at victorias conformation was there other royals there

Queen Sonja of Norway was there as stand in for Victorias godfather king Harald.
And ofcourse Victorias family and aunts were there aswell

Josefine 08-13-2005 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie
Queen Sonja of Norway was there as stand in for Victorias godfather king Harald.
And ofcourse Victorias family and aunts were there aswell

thank you so much

who was guests at carl philips and madeleines confirmation?

igilmo 08-13-2005 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine
Carl Philip Conformation 1994

Why was queen Margarete of Denmark at Carl's confirmation?? Is she his godparent? Do they have godparents when they confirm?

In Spain, if you are a catholic and decide to be confirmed, you have to choose a godparent... it can be whoever you want but it's advisable that you keep one of your godparents from baptism, if that's possible... maybe one of them is dead or not in good health conditions to act again as a godparent. Does it work the same way in Sweden? If so, who were their godparents? Were the same as when they were baptised?

Thanks a lot

Are there any photos with Carl dressed for his confirmation? I didn't see him in the ones connected to his confirmation

thanks

Yennie 08-13-2005 06:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I dont think it works that way in Sweden. You get godparents when you are baptised (which ofcourse you can be as adult to) but I dont think theres any new godparents chosen for the confirmation? Perhaps thats an catholic tradition?

Yes, Queen Margrethe is Carl Philips godparent ("fadder" in swedish)

Here´s photos from Carl Philips confirmation on July 9, 1994
from CORBIS

Josefine 08-16-2005 03:15 AM

was victoria trhe only one that did not go to a Confimation camp