The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall to visit Middle East: 11-19 March 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/the-prince-of-wales-and-duchess-of-cornwall-to-visit-middle-east-11-19-march-2013-a-34621.html)

Lumutqueen 02-13-2013 07:14 AM

The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall to visit Middle East: 11-19 March 2013

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Jordan, Qatar and Oman from 11th - 19th March 2013.

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/med...qatar-and-oman

Dman 02-13-2013 07:15 AM

Looking forward to this visit.

Elly C 02-13-2013 07:17 AM

:previous: Yes, and being totally shallow for a possible gift of jewels and some opportunity for tiara wearing.

muriel 02-13-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elly C (Post 1516514)
:previous: Yes, and being totally shallow for a possible gift of jewels and some opportunity for tiara wearing.

You are unlikely to see Camilla in a tiara on this trip. Camilla only wears tiaras at State dinners, never overseas. The only exception was at the Commonwealth Meetings in Kampala, Uganda in 2007 when C&C accompanies HM and the DoE.

Artemisia 02-13-2013 09:43 AM

:previous:
Depends on the program of the visit, I guess. If it's a full-state one, Camilla may surprise us.
Is it wrong that when I read 'visit to Jordan, Qatar and Oman', my first thought was "Yay! More jewels for Camilla!". :whistling:

muriel 02-13-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1516549)
Depends on the program of the visit, I guess. If it's a full-state one, Camilla may surprise us.
Is it wrong that when I read 'visit to Jordan, Qatar and Oman', my first thought was "Yay! More jewels for Camilla!". :whistling:

As Charles is not yet Head of State, from a UK perspective, it will never be a state visit. The hosts can treat it like a state visit, and hosting ladies may wear tiaras, but Camilla is unlikely to. This was the case when she visited the Scandinavian monarchies, Spain, Morocco, Japan, Brunei and previous trips to the M-E (including Qatar).

Artemisia 02-13-2013 09:54 AM

I know it's unlikely but don't spoil the dream: I have been tiara-deprived for too long! ;)

muriel 02-13-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1516555)
I know it's unlikely but don't spoil the dream: I have been tiara-deprived for too long! ;)

Fair enough, dream on!

NGalitzine 02-13-2013 01:24 PM

Well Qatar and Oman will be good opportunities to add to the royal jewle collection. The Middle East might even be the appropriate place to debut the Teck Roses and Crescents tiara.

Warren 02-13-2013 01:59 PM

The three threads...

The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall to visit Jordan March 2013

The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall to visit Qatar March 2013

The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall to visit Oman March 2013

As the trip is a month away the threads will remain closed until nearer the date.
Until the threads are opened the moderators will move over relevant posts that are specific to each country.

Dman 02-13-2013 02:35 PM

For some reason the British royal ladies stopped wearing tiara's at official events and oversea Official Visits. I haven't seen them wear them since the 90's. The Commonwealth meeting of 2007 was a special event. It seem like the only time you see them in their regalia is at State Banquets, Royal Weddings, Royal Diplomatic Corps Receptions and Coronations. Even at some of those events you won't see the ladies in their finery because there's no pictures.

Lumutqueen 02-28-2013 08:57 AM

@RoyalReporter: Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have added a visit to Saudi Arabia to their spring tour of Jordan, Qatar, and Oman in March.

JEWELS LADIES!

Artemisia 02-28-2013 10:48 AM

Yeah! So when is the next visit from Saudi Arabia and Qatar to the UK? Then we'll be able to see new additions to Camilla's collection.
Quite an extensive tour for Their Royal Highnesses: fitting so many engagements in four different countries in just nine days isn't going to be easy.