The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Abdication & Inauguration 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f279/)
-   -   Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander; Suggestions & Musings (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f279/abdication-of-queen-beatrix-and-inauguration-of-willem-alexander-suggestions-and-musings-34495.html)

Marengo 01-28-2013 01:48 PM

Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander; Suggestions & Musings

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...n3/Nl-arms.gif

The Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

Dutch Inauguration Suggestions and Musings

Lumutqueen 01-28-2013 02:23 PM

Don't know if this should go here;
@royalmusing: New succession after 4-30 will be Amalia, Alexia, Ariane, Constatijn, Eloise, Claus-Casimir, Leonore & Margriet

principessa 01-28-2013 02:25 PM

Will the inauguration take place in the Nieuwe Kerk?

Noor Mariam 01-28-2013 02:27 PM

Does anyone knows a link to watch the speech of the Queen ??

Muhler 01-28-2013 02:29 PM

What will be Queen Beatrix title after the abdication? Will she still be Queen or is there a special title for monarchs who have abdicated?

I presume Maxima will also become queen?

camelot23ca 01-28-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1510231)
What will be Queen Beatrix title after the abdication? Will she still be Queen or is there a special title for monarchs who have abdicated?

They're saying in the other thread she'll be known as Princess Beatrix.

I think Maxima will be Queen.

lucien 01-28-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1510231)

It was Queen Wilhelmina who wished to be known as Princess after her Abdication,a gesture her daughter Juliana followed that example.It has
not been announced what title HM Queen Beatrix has in mind,but Queen Mother would do nicely in my opinion...:smile:

principessa 01-28-2013 02:35 PM

I hope that Máximas parents will be allowed to attend the inauguration!

Princess Robijn 01-28-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noor Mariam (Post 1510230)
Does anyone knows a link to watch the speech of the Queen ??

I'm not sure if it can only be listened to in the Netherlands.

No video, just audio:
Toespraak koningin Beatrix - NOS Nieuws

And the speech of the PM, again no video, just audio:
Toespraak Rutte na aftreden koningin Beatrix - NOS Nieuws

NGalitzine 01-28-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 1510239)
It was Queen Wilhelmina who wished to be known as Princess after her Abdication,a gesture her daughter Juliana followed that example.It has
not been announced what title HM Queen Beatrix has in mind,but Queen Mother would do nicely in my opinion...:smile:

Didn't the Dutch formalize this around the same time as it was decided that a female heir would be Princess of Orange that an abdicated monarch would revert to Prince/Princess of The Natherlands.

Dman 01-28-2013 02:45 PM

My very best wishes and congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses The Prince & Princess of Orange-Nassau.

principessa 01-28-2013 02:46 PM

Will the sons of Princess Margriet after the inauguration still be Princes and their wifes Princesses?

Archduchess Zelia 01-28-2013 02:49 PM

It would make sense if WA decided to use his full name, he is Willem-Alexander after all and not "just" Willem. Though King Willem IV sounds very regal, but so does King Willem-Alexander I.

NGalitzine 01-28-2013 02:51 PM

All 4 of Margriets children retain their titles Prince and Princess Van Orange Nassau, but the 2 who currently have succession rights will cease to be in the line of succession on April 30th.

Dman 01-28-2013 03:02 PM

The last Coronation I have seen was the one for The late King of Tonga, George Tupou V. The next Coronation haven't taken place yet, I think.

Gertrude86 01-28-2013 03:08 PM

It is true that Amsterdam has to be the place of the enthronement according to the constitution, but it doesn't have to be the Nieuwe Kerk. However it is tradition to choose this church, so Willem-Alexander made this choice like his mother and grandmother before him.

Shelo 01-28-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1510251)
According to the NOS:

- Princess Máxima called prime minister Rutte to inform him that her parents decided not to attend the inauguration ceremony.
- It will be king Willem-Alexander and NOT king Willem IV.

Is public public opinion on Jorge Zorreguieta in the Netherlands still negative? Would his attendance at the inauguration be controversial? If so, it is gracious of them not to put Maxima in a difficult situation by deciding not to attend.

Noor Mariam 01-28-2013 03:10 PM

Many thanks Princess Robijn !!!

lucien 01-28-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gertrude86 (Post 1510292)
It is true that Amsterdam has to be the place of the enthronement according to the constitution, but it doesn't have to be the Nieuwe Kerk. However it is tradition to choose this church, so Willem-Alexander made this choice like his mother and grandmother before him.

The Constitution also says the Nieuwe Kerk is the venue.

We also will celebrate Kingsday instead of Queensday.so instead april 30th it will be april 27th in future,as of 2014.

principessa 01-28-2013 03:14 PM

Will there also be a balcony scene like it was at the abdication of Queen Juliana?

Such a balcony scene I mean:

Balkonscène na abdicatie Koningin Juliana - YouTube