The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/the-duchess-of-cambridges-daytime-fashion-part-11-july-2013-november-2013-a-34457.html)

dazzling 01-18-2013 04:13 AM

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013

Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

iceflower 07-23-2013 03:51 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge leaving hospital with her newborn son today, July 23, wearing a lovely polka dot Jenny Packham dress in light blue - a nice choice:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

wyevale 07-23-2013 04:10 PM

It hasn't passed unnoticed that the late Princess of Wales wore a polka dot dress dress when leaving the Lindo wing with the infant Prince William in 1982.

roseroyal 07-23-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1580647)

The Duchess of Cambridge leaving hospital with her newborn son today, July 23, wearing a lovely polka dot Jenny Packham dress in light blue - a nice choice:

** FLovedull view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Loved it. Great to see Kate again.

Isabella 07-23-2013 04:14 PM

I love that dress - great cut, color (coordinated with William!), and I always love polka dots. I was expecting her to wear something a bit more formal or structured or something, but it's a lovely summer dress (and very much something like I would wear).

Daria_S 07-23-2013 05:07 PM

Catherine looks lovely. I love the dress. It suits her. It looks to be very light and comfortable, just what she needs at this point.

IloveCP 07-23-2013 05:22 PM

Love the dress! Great color and style. She looks radiant!

Margaret Elizabeth 07-23-2013 05:56 PM

The dress is lovely and looks comfortable! My favorite thing about Catherine's style (which is probably what other people don't like about it) is that she wears things I could see myself wearing.

Daria_S 07-23-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Elizabeth (Post 1580743)
The dress is lovely and looks comfortable! My favorite thing about Catherine's style (which is probably what other people don't like about it) is that she wears things I could see myself wearing.

I like that about her style as well; it's very approachable, and in some cases, affordable. I know that personally, I won't be able to afford a lot of what's in her wardrobe (nor would it look good on me), but I've found pieces that were very similar to what she wore in my price range (and it actually didn't look horrid on my either, which is always a plus).

HereditaryPrincess 07-23-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Catherine looks great! I really like her dress, the colour is very nice. I like her shoes as well.

Jackswife 07-23-2013 06:24 PM

She's got the new mommy glow about her and that's what so lovely!:flowers::smile:

AdmirerUS 07-23-2013 07:10 PM

Pretty family! Has anyone ID'd the baby onesie?

4Pam 07-23-2013 08:33 PM

Kate looks fantastic! Congrats to her and William again!

soapstar 07-23-2013 08:36 PM

Really liked her outfit. I thought she looked beautiful today.

Danishla 07-23-2013 09:24 PM

Nice choice of dress and color! I am so happy for them :flowers: they make a beautiful family . . . GB

Moonmaiden23 07-23-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackswife (Post 1580772)
She's got the new mommy glow about her and that's what so lovely!:flowers::smile:

Exactly. I saw a couple of other posters remark on her baby tummy still being there but I think that is beautiful on new mothers! It's kind of disturbing somehow when I see women who have just gone through 9 most of pregnancy wearing tight jeans after giving birth.

That rounded belly is a badge of honor, imo. It should be worn proudly! :tongue:

ashelen 07-24-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1580949)
Exactly. I saw a couple of other posters remark on her baby tummy still being there but I think that is beautiful on new mothers! It's kind of disturbing somehow when I see women who have just gone through 9 most of pregnancy wearing tight jeans after giving birth.

That rounded belly is a badge of honor, imo. It should be worn proudly! :tongue:

I think her baby tammy makes her to look human, like the rest of everywoman who gives birth, we know for sure she didn't have a tummy tack! , she will loose it with excersie for sure! but I thought it was great that she didn't try to cover! she looks gorgeous! love it!

PrincessKaimi 07-24-2013 01:22 AM

One rarely sees tight jeans just 24 hours after giving birth. The uterus still weighs about five pounds and is a big muscle at that point. Kate looks fabulous and indeed, should show the world what a new mom looks like. I loved the mod to Diana, with the polka dots. Kate is bringing things together for the family and it's so clear that they really adore each other.

dazzling 07-24-2013 01:32 AM

The style of the dress is perfect for a women who has just given birth but it somehow reminds me of a hospital gown with polka dots and it also reminds me of Diana's dress while leaving hospital (the polka dots). I would've preferred it if it was a solid color instead.

Elly C 07-24-2013 02:23 AM

Kate looked very good-- a perfect choice for her to wear. Am I the only one that thinks it is in bad taste to be discussing her figure within 24 hours of her giving birth? ( I don't mean the posts here, but the ones elsewhere that refer to the size of her tummy.)