The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f114/)
-   -   The Earl and Countess of Wessex to Visit Bulgaria: March 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f114/the-earl-and-countess-of-wessex-to-visit-bulgaria-march-2013-a-34423.html)

Artemisia 01-14-2013 12:37 PM

The Earl and Countess of Wessex to Visit Bulgaria: March 2013
 
The Earl and Countess of Wessex are scheduled to visit Bulgaria in the middle of March.
The news was officially confirmed on Monday by the official site of the Royal Household.

The occasion and agenda of the visit, which will be wrapped up on March 16, remain unknown.
Bulgaria: Earl, Countess of Wessex to Visit Bulgaria in March - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency

Molly2101 01-22-2013 01:37 PM

An update on their visit and the reason why. I thought it would have been for The Duke of Edinburgh's Award but it's not.

Quote:

Prince Edward is coming to observe the process of closing down orphanages in Bulgaria and moving their inhabitants to foster families or protected homes.
Article

What an interesting reason to go, but a very good reason. I can see why Sophie is going as she has many patronages related to children with disabilities. I can sense lovely photos of them with children. I look forward to seeing this visit and I wonder how it will be received.

annaelfka 03-16-2013 05:38 PM

12 March 2013
The visit of Prince Edward and his wife Sophie Countess of Wessex to Bulgaria is unfortunately not going to happen on 14-16 March 2013 as planned because of the expected parliamentary elections.

The British Embassy is in contact with the Royal Household about possible future dates for a visit.

After:
The British Embassy in Bulgaria Postponement of the visit of the Earl and Countess of Wessex

AdmirerUS 03-16-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaelfka (Post 1528171)
12 March 2013
The visit of Prince Edward and his wife Sophie Countess of Wessex to Bulgaria is unfortunately not going to happen on 14-16 March 2013 as planned because of the expected parliamentary elections.

The British Embassy is in contact with the Royal Household about possible future dates for a visit.

After:
The British Embassy in Bulgaria Postponement of the visit of the Earl and Countess of Wessex

What a year (so far) for cancellations/postponements! Egad.

Molly2101 03-17-2013 06:48 AM

That's a shame but these things happen. It likely wont happen now for a long time as most Royals' diaries are booked months in advance.

annaelfka 04-25-2013 08:53 AM

On 23rd June to 24th June, Their Royal Highnesses will carry out a series of engagements in Bulgaria.
Earl And Countess Of Wessex To Perform Many Overseas Engagements In Next Few Months

annaelfka 04-29-2013 12:22 PM

Confirmation along with a great portrait:
Timeline Photos | Facebook
http://sofiaglobe.com/2013/04/29/bri...prettyPhoto/0/

Molly2101 04-29-2013 01:38 PM

I love their picture! It is so photoshopped but its a lovely portrait of the couple. Look forward to this trip, thanks Anna.

bertie5252003 04-29-2013 01:41 PM

Yes totally agree gorgeous portrait I repeat I think Sophie is just fab thanks Anna for all the updates.

corazon 04-29-2013 02:33 PM

great portrait!!!! I think the british royal family need more official photos!!!

Molly2101 04-29-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corazon (Post 1545025)
great portrait!!!! I think the british royal family need more official photos!!!

So do I. I can see that photo having been their 2012 Christmas card or their card for this year.

annaelfka 04-30-2013 11:47 AM

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-...aria-june-2013

Molly2101 04-30-2013 03:51 PM

Awww Edward has had a new portrait done at the same obviously. Cute. I wish we had one with Louise and James.

Anywho, that's not relevant to this topic. I look forward to this trip. :D

Molly2101 06-23-2013 04:54 AM

I had forgotten about this visit. They are due to arrive in Bulgaria today:

Bulgaria Welcomes Britain?s Prince Edward, Wife Sophie - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency

Bulgarian President to meet with Prince Edward and Countess Sophie

This visit sounds good and the idea of focusing on orphanages is great.

annaelfka 06-23-2013 02:58 PM

Arrival of Royal Couple in Bulgaria & meeting with president

https://twitter.com/HMAJAllen/status...648704/photo/1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3679527&type=1

????????? ?????????? ????????? - ?????? - ???????? - ????? ?????? ?? ????????? ? ???

????? ?????? ? ???????? ???? ? ????? - bTV ????????

MagMil 06-23-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 1567407)
I had forgotten about this visit. They are due to arrive in Bulgaria today:

Bulgaria Welcomes Britain?s Prince Edward, Wife Sophie - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency

Bulgarian President to meet with Prince Edward and Countess Sophie

This visit sounds good and the idea of focusing on orphanages is great.

:previous:
Thanks Molly :flowers:
They look great :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3679527&type=1

MagMil 06-23-2013 03:03 PM

- DarikNews.bg

with video > http://www.vesti.bg/index.phtml?tid=40&oid=5874011

Molly2101 06-23-2013 04:53 PM

Thanks for the photo and links guys, good to see them. I wish I spoke Bulgarian!

I like the video of them arriving at the President's residence as they climb the stairs Edward goes to hold his hand out for Sophie to assist her up the steps, but she doesn't take it. :(

annaelfka 06-23-2013 05:16 PM

First time seeing video I didn't noticed that, it was only fraction of a second, it looks like she didn't notice it as well, and she was holding a bag. Don't look too much into it.

Molly2101 06-23-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaelfka (Post 1567570)
First time seeing video I didn't noticed that, it was only fraction of a second, it looks like she didn't notice it as well, and she was holding a bag. Don't look too much into it.

I just thought it was amusing. I seriously wish my boyfriend even ATTEMPTED to do that, even if I haven't noticed it!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises