The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill, Current Events Part 1: December 2012 - (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/princess-madeleine-and-chris-oneill-current-events-part-1-december-2012-a-34159.html)

JessRulz 11-30-2012 01:14 AM

Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill, Current Events Part 1: December 2012 -
 
http://i62.tinypic.com/6qch9h.png

Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill, News and Current Events Thread, Part One
Commencing December 2012
The thread for the couple's engagement can be found here.

Duke of Marmalade 11-30-2012 10:30 AM

Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill; Current Events, Part 1 (November 2012 - )
 
Not sure where this belongs: Chris showing the finger to the paps
Prinzessin Madeleines Verlobter: Stinkefinger statt Etikette - Royals - Bild.de

Bine221 11-30-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1488283)
Not sure where this belongs: Chris showing the finger to the paps
Prinzessin Madeleines Verlobter: Stinkefinger statt Etikette - Royals - Bild.de


Upps, not very regal, future Duke!
I thought he has the best manners via his mum...... but I guess, he still has to learn a lot.....
BYe Bine

principessa 11-30-2012 10:38 AM

Maybe he had a bad day!

BTW: As at the article "mentioned", do you believe the wedding date will be announced at the day of the Nobelprizes? I believe not, this would take the focus away of the laureates to Madeleine.

Dman 11-30-2012 10:40 AM

I never understood why some public figures have to be a little nasty to the paps. I totally understand when you get tired of them following you around all day and invading your privacy but If I was in that kind of situation, I would just ignore the paps. I can't see myself sticking my middle finger up at them unless the paps have harmed me or my family.

Maybe I'm just different.

Kit 11-30-2012 11:30 AM

I agree with you Dman. Very weird behaviour indeed.

Dman 11-30-2012 11:37 AM

And of course I'm not saying he's a bad person for doing it. Many royals have a way of being a tad nasty to the paps. I just couldn't see myself doing it, then again, I'm not being followed around by the paps.

Kit 11-30-2012 11:58 AM

I agree with you again :-) We don't know what happened with the paparazzo before Chris showed him the middle finger.

Duke-of-Earl 11-30-2012 12:04 PM

I would go insane with paparazzi following me everywhere but when you flip them the middle finger, it will only encourage them and they will try and provoke Chris the next time.

Duke of Marmalade 11-30-2012 01:41 PM

I understand why he did it but there is just no way he can do something like that. Not a clever move, the pic will be around forever. In his position, Chris should be more in control of himself, its like don't go into the kitchen when you cannot stand the heat: don't get involved with a princess if you cannot stand what goes along with it. The downsides (paps, scrutiny) will never go away, so I thought he had gotten used to that by now and couldn't care less, but I guess he was affected by the unexpected media bashing of his character/job/lifestyle.

Anne2 12-01-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1488283)
Not sure where this belongs: Chris showing the finger to the paps
Prinzessin Madeleines Verlobter: Stinkefinger statt Etikette - Royals - Bild.de

A lot has already been written about Chris, particularly questions as to whether "is CHris friendly, attractive etc, or not" Honestly most comments I read here and there were at least sceptical, if not negative. the engagement video made him apprear more friendly.
I share the view "if he cannot stand the paps, he should not be dating a royal princess". So far he has been looking annoyed because of paps on many pictures. I would not be surprised that guy believes he will manage to make them understand that they should leave him in peace, being rude if necessary, in spite of his good education. When he is in NY he probably feels he can behave in his own way. I hope he would behave better in Sweden, and also that he has turned the page of his playboy life!!

grevinnan 12-01-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne2 (Post 1488624)
A lot has already been written about Chris, particularly questions as to whether "is CHris friendly, attractive etc, or not" Honestly most comments I read here and there were at least sceptical, if not negative. the engagement video made him apprear more friendly.
I share the view "if he cannot stand the paps, he should not be dating a royal princess". So far he has been looking annoyed because of paps on many pictures. I would not be surprised that guy believes he will manage to make them understand that they should leave him in peace, being rude if necessary, in spite of his good education. When he is in NY he probably feels he can behave in his own way. I hope he would behave better in Sweden, and also that he has turned the page of his playboy life!!

There has never been any indication he has lived a playboy life. He is an adult single man so of course he has dated and had relationships prior to meeting Madeleine.

Kit 12-01-2012 06:39 PM

RTL showed yesterday the whole set of Chris middle finger pictures and it appears that Madeleine was with him during the incident. So according to RTL at least Madeleine could have tried to stop him which she did not. I think he is old enough to know what to do but found it interesting nevertheless that they were more or less blaming Madeleine for not stoping him.

camelot23ca 12-01-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit (Post 1488638)
RTL showed yesterday the whole set of Chris middle finger pictures and it appears that Madeleine was with him during the incident. So according to RTL at least Madeleine could have tried to stop him which she did not. I think he is old enough to know what to do but found it interesting nevertheless that they were more or less blaming Madeleine for not stoping him.


It takes about two seconds to make that sort of rude gesture - what was Madeleine supposed to do during that time, tackle him?

A man pushing 40 should be old enough to control his actions to the point where he doesn't get himself into this sort of situation. I understand the frustration behind what he did - if I was followed around by paparazzi giving them the middle finger is the least of what I'd want to do. But wanting to do it and going ahead and actually doing it are different. IMO he's made things worse for himself and Madeleine.

Kit 12-01-2012 06:56 PM

I agree with you. And I also think he made matters worse for them. A reporter even claimed that the king is furious and that the engagement could be called off again. Yeah sure cause that would be the best thing that could happen to all the medias out there.

NGalitzine 12-01-2012 07:26 PM

Sounds like people are making a mountain out of a very small mole hill.

princess gertrude 12-01-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camelot23ca (Post 1488641)
It takes about two seconds to make that sort of rude gesture - what was Madeleine supposed to do during that time, tackle him?

A man pushing 40 should be old enough to control his actions to the point where he doesn't get himself into this sort of situation. I understand the frustration behind what he did - if I was followed around by paparazzi giving them the middle finger is the least of what I'd want to do. But wanting to do it and going ahead and actually doing it are different. IMO he's made things worse for himself and Madeleine.

I completely agree with you. There was nothing Madeleine could have done and Chris should have known better IMO. He's marrying the daughter of the King of Sweden for goodness sake, he needs to get a grip and realize that photographers are going to be a part of his life from now on.

doric44 12-02-2012 02:28 AM

What's the problem he is giving the NYC sign for hi haha

Penny Royalty 12-02-2012 08:08 AM

Maybe something made sense to Chris to start him up and be the sharer of a typical scenario where you immediately stand up for your other half when necessary. It can happen allot of times given we are talking about a princess and her future husband. I would do the same if I felt the paps appeared to conspire on my space. Never the less the press does have enormous error in intruding when their intentions are not respectful of parties involved in the past, so I'm not going to say do as you may, but be courteous of hoe you play. But that's me and it's just me. Silly but true. Anyways I think Chris is a rather handsome man and apparently very lucky. No way is he with Madeleine and her beau. Wow. I hope I see them from time to time pictured again and again and smiling on wedding day. Cheers.

Duke of Marmalade 12-02-2012 11:18 AM

I dont think the Swedish people will warm to Chris, and this picture is only the last straw (other reasons being the way he comes across, doesnt want the swedish citizenship, is likely not to work for the crown, will continue to live in the US with Madeleine).

I think this will continue to put a strain on the relationship especially for Madeleine since she is who she is, a swedish princess, who wants to be liked or loved or at least respected. It will put a gap between her and the country, possibly between her and her family because it only adds up to the topic not working for Sweden but receiving money from the King.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises