The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   General Royal Discussion (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Comparison of Spanish and English Royal Families (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f12/comparison-of-spanish-and-english-royal-families-34115.html)

Dnengelhardt 12-05-2012 06:11 PM

Comparison of Spanish and English Royal Families

Hello! My name is David and I am a student from the United States studying in Spain right now. Ever since my arrival in Spain, I have had a fascination with the Spanish Royal family; I find it extremely interesting and want to learn as much as I can about them while I am here. I am writing a thesis paper comparing and contrasting the Spanish Royal Family's role, influence, and relations with their people, as well between each other. I would also like to compare and contrast the British Royal Family to the Spanish. If anyone has and ideas or sources that you would deem useful and viable information, I open to it all.
I also think it would extremely interesting to compare and contrast the "royal lifestyle" of the Kennedy's of the United States, so if anyone has information on them, that would be great as well!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope to hear from you soon!!

NGalitzine 12-05-2012 07:34 PM

I think in the UK the royal family is heavily involved with charities on both the national and local level, while in Spain that might be viewed at the role of the state and perhaps not something for the SRF to take part in.
The BRF is also a larger group of people almost all of whom take part in public life and public engagements while in Spain the active royal family seems to be the King & Queen and the Prince and Princess of Asturias.

christythedreamer 12-31-2012 11:49 AM

I think the SRF has a more low-key profile

An Ard Ri 01-10-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christythedreamer (Post 1499855)
I think the SRF has a more low-key profile

The Spanish Borbóns are smaller in number and a lot more low key than their Windsor cousins.

BluePink 02-02-2013 10:58 AM

I have read a lot about the SRF in the Spanish newspaper and magazine. And I think that now they are going through a transition, where people are starting to know them well. Year ago the media protect them, but now those days are gone.
The same thing happens to the BRF years ago ( we all know what I'm talking about). Thanks that British people know them best, and also gave them the right to be themselves in public.
SRF will have to find another way to get to the people, as the Windsor did.

Sangre_Real016 02-09-2013 12:54 PM

the SRF is indeed more low key.. the BRF has more scandals in their resume compare to other royal families.. the SRF is more reserved and is more discreet.. in Spain, the House of Alba seems to fill in that role as the go to family for high society scandals..