The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f207/)
-   -   HH Duchess Rixa von Oldenburg & Stephan Sanders: 13 October 2012 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f207/hh-duchess-rixa-von-oldenburg-and-stephan-sanders-13-october-2012-a-34005.html)

BurberryBrit 11-12-2012 03:20 PM

HH Duchess Rixa von Oldenburg & Stephan Sanders: 13 October 2012
 
Duchess Rixa von Oldenburg, 42, married Stephan Sanders at the Nienstedtener Kirche at Hamburg-Nienstedten on October 13, 2012. Duchess Rixa is one of three children of Duke Friedrich August of Oldenburg and his first wife, Princess Marie Cecile of Prussia. She was given away by her brother, Duke Paul as her father did not attend the wedding. Rixa, designed her own wedding dress.

http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...rg-620x0-2.jpg

Photo source: Pure People

More pictures here: La duchesse Rixa d'Oldenburg, remise de ses fiançailles ratées, s'est mariée

I'm happy for her as it seem like it took her a while to find love.

Saschana 11-12-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit (Post 1482652)
She was given away by her brother, Duke Paul as her father did not attend the wedding.

Some of her cousins also didn't attend, there is a big family dispute about her father's second marriage. He was firstly married to Rixa's mother, Princess Marie-Cecile of Prussia; about one and a half years after his divorce he married Countess Donata of Castell-Rüdenhausen, the widow of Marie-Cecile's brother Prince Louis-Ferdinand of Prussia, father of the current head of the house of Prussia, Prince Georg-Friedrich.

BurberryBrit 11-12-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saschana (Post 1482661)
Some of her cousins also didn't attend, there is a big family dispute about her father's second marriage. He was firstly married to Rixa's mother, Princess Marie-Cecile of Prussia; about one and a half years after his divorce he married Countess Donata of Castell-Rüdenhausen, the widow of Marie-Cecile's brother Prince Louis-Ferdinand of Prussia, father of the current head of the house of Prussia, Prince Georg-Friedrich.

Yes, I read about that. Rixa and her siblings were not present at Georg-Friedrich's wedding last year. I wonder if Rixa's father was? Has he chosen sides of his step children over his own children?

Saschana 11-12-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurberryBrit (Post 1482736)
Yes, I read about that. Rixa and her siblings were not present at Georg-Friedrich's wedding last year. I wonder if Rixa's father was? Has he chosen sides of his step children over his own children?

Yes, he was. But I don't think he was the one to chose sides, I think it's more the case that his own children don't want to have any contact after he divorced their mother to marry their aunt. Prince Georg-Friedrich and his sister chose to stand by their mother and her new husband.

Alexey 1904 11-12-2012 09:59 PM

That part of the family probably doesn't attend any family reunions, or maybe the way the father's marriages went, there are no family reunions!

Lindy 11-12-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saschana (Post 1482746)
Yes, he was. But I don't think he was the one to chose sides, I think it's more the case that his own children don't want to have any contact after he divorced their mother to marry their aunt. Prince Georg-Friedrich and his sister chose to stand by their mother and her new husband.

Do we know for sure that Rixa's father actually divorced his wife in order to marry Georg-Friedrich's mother? Didn't their relationship develop after the divorce?

Stefan 11-13-2012 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saschana (Post 1482746)
Yes, he was. But I don't think he was the one to chose sides, I think it's more the case that his own children don't want to have any contact after he divorced their mother to marry their aunt. Prince Georg-Friedrich and his sister chose to stand by their mother and her new husband.

I think there are other reasons that he did not attend this Wedding. When Duke Paul married Duke Friedrich August and Duchess Donata attended as did Princess Marie Cecile- And also at the Wedding of Duchess Eilika with Archduke Georg all attended.

Biri 11-13-2012 05:07 AM

Rixa looks pregnant on photos!

Lenora 11-13-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 1482805)
Rixa looks pregnant on photos!

I've thought exactly about the same thing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises