Guillaume & Stephanie: the Best Dressed Guest at the Church Wedding
Who do you think was the best dressed guest at the religious wedding ceremony of Guillaume and Stephanie?
A: Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg
B: Princess Tessy of Luxembourg
C: Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Austria
D: Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein
E: Countess Diane de Nassau
F: Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg
G: Queen Paola of Belgium
H: The Duchess of Brabant
I: Princess Astrid of Belgium
J: Princess Claire of Belgium
K: Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
L: Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
M: Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
N: Princess Maxima of the Netherlands
O: Queen Sonja of Norway
P: Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Q: Princess Martha Louise of Norway
R: The Princess of Asturias
S: Queen Silvia of Sweden
T: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
U: The Countess of Wessex
V: Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco
W: Princess Caroline of Monaco
X: A member of the de Lannoy family
1 Princess Tessy
2 Pincess Claire
3 A sister of Stephanie (not sure about her name)
I've been waiting forward to this poll. Great selection of pictures!
Have to say though that the religious wedding disappointed me somewhat fashion-wise; there were some hits, but mostly misses.
The good (in my opinion):
- Queen Silvia of Sweden (clean, elegant look).
- The Countess of Wessex (the quirky print works for me).
- Lalla Salma of Morocco (love the vibrant colour and the matching jewellery).
- Princess Tessy of Luxembourg (it's a very bland look but there is something about it that I like. A successful attempt at minimalism).
- Princess Maxima (this outfit is atrocious. Especially the hat. And yet somehow Maxima makes it work. For sheer individuality of it, it's in my "best" list).
One lady not mentioned in the poll is Princess Zeina who looked really lovely.
I also thought the de Lannoy ladies were very well dressed, especially Countess Alice de Lannoy.
The OK (in my opinion)
- Princess Letizia of Spain (a lot of people loved this ensemble, but to me it's just pretty average. Unmemorable is probably the word I'm looking for).
- Princess Mary of Denmark (this would have definitely been in my "best" list, had it not been for the horrible hat).
- Princess Martha Louise of Norway (honestly, it doesn't get any more minimalistic than that. Even the hat and glittery shoes/clutch don't salvage the look).
- Queen Margrethe of Denmark (love purple, love Queen Margrethe, love the brooch. And yet something is amiss).
- Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg (how can vibrant red look so dull?!)
- Princess Claire of Belgium (OK. Not bad. Not good. Just OK).
- Princess Caroline of Monaco (honestly, this isn't in my "Bad" list because I don't have the heart to list one of the most elegant woman of our times there).
- Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (I actually rather like this look and would have loved it had it not been for the shawl thing).
The bad (in my opinion):
- Crown Princess Victoria (it pains me to put Vicky in this category but I have to: a horrible fit, plus I have a thing for coats that are longer than the dress).
- Crown Princess Mette-Marit (can't figure out what I dislike more - the lace coat or the hair).
- Queen Sonja (too much white, especially stockings-wise, and a horrible fit).
- Queen Beatrix (now, I know the Queen has her own very unique style so I wouldn't have minded the outfit had it not been the wallpaper print on it).
- Crown Princess Mathilde (the craftsmanship on this outfit is atrocious. And I hate the hat).
- Princess Astrid (another wallpaper print and a UFO hat)
- Archduchess Marie-Astrid (mismatched and boring)
- Grand Duchess Maria Teresa (I love Maria Teresa and I love the colour of the outfit. But the design is horribly unflattering and I can't forgive the fake brooch).
- Queen Paola (the HAT! My grandfather had a hat like that back from his days of service in the Soviet Army. He looked dashing in it. Queen Paola did not).
- Countess Diana (the red and the print of the dress clash too much for my taste.
Atemisia.You have mixed things:flowers:
It's not Madeleine of Sweden but Matha-Louise of Norway:tongue:
Oh dear. :blush:
Thanks for spotting! :flowers:
1- Margaretha of Liechtenstein
2- Sibilla of Luxemburg
3- Marie-Astrid of Austria
4- Maxima of the Netherlands
5- Caroline of Hannover
6- Zeina of Jordan
Everybody else: bad marks!
1. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
2. Princess Letizia of Spain
3. Queen Sylvia
1. Princess Clarie of Belgium
2. Princess Astrid
3. Crown Princess Maxima of Netherlands
4. Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium
Thanks for the full length photo of Tessy. I too like her look, but I am unable to get my mind around the hat. In this photo you gave us, the hat seems to be in the shape of a heart! And that would be very nice, if she was wearing a heart for her brother in law Guillaume and his new wife.
I too think Countess Nathalie Hamilton, Stephanie's sister, had a lovely dress. This is the dress I personally would have worn to the wedding. It was off-black, because she was in mourning, but the dress flowed gracefully in a most simple way. All of the Lannoy women seem to have slender great figures, so they are at an advantage when it comes to wearing clothes. Nathalie wore very little jewelry, but still looked beautiful. Her daughter Antonia was Stephanie's bridesmaid along with Princess Alexandra.
I too loved the dress of Stephanie's sister, Nathalie. Her sisters and sister-in-laws all looked superb ... not to mention the adorable attendants.
My favourite three costumes for the church wedding were:
Stephanie's Aunt Lydia - absolutely beautiful.
Maria-Theresa - so happy.
Felix's girlfriend, Claire Lademacher - sweet.
I enjoyed the dresses of the younger crowd and the more simple fashions to the very ornate 'Maxima' type outfits at this wedding, all in all..though every one I can think of looked really lovely.
For me, this was one of the worst turn-outs by the royals--no one apart from Lalla nailed her look. So, with modifications, my top five royal ladies would be:
5. Mette-Marit & Victoria
1- Princess Tessy
2- CP Marie Chantal
3- Grand Duchess Maria Teresa
Letizia gets my vote for this poll. IMHO most of the ladies were not having their best day.
1. CP Letizia
2. Lalla Salma
3. GD Maria Teresa
For the pre-wedding :
1. Lalla Salma
2. Marie Chantal
3. Clothilde Courau
For the church:
1. Lalla Salma (I love the color, the style of the caftan and the jewels)
2. Maxima (I like the style, but not the sad colors)
3. Letizia (I like the style) /Tessy/Mary (I like the cut of both)
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
I like it. Only Maxima could wear it no nicely!
Any picture of Claire Lademacher at the wedding?
Mary of denmark and letizia of spain were the best in my opinion.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016