The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 11: October 2012 - April 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/crown-princess-marys-eveningwear-part-11-october-2012-april-2013-a-33814.html)

NoorMeansLight 10-20-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1474567)
A slightly larger photo of the runway model in the red dress. I think Mary looks nice and although the hairstyle was clearly awful, I'm sure it came back down to earth the following day (today). :smile:

http://www.milkandhoneymedia.co.uk/w...2013-cfw17.jpg

Thank you for the pic, but you forgot to mention the designer. I'm quite curious! ;):flowers:

It's a stunning gown in the perfect red shade to match the Ruby Parure! Her updo was awful though, I have to agree. :ermm:

lancchick 10-20-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight (Post 1474660)
Thank you for the pic, but you forgot to mention the designer. I'm quite curious! ;):flowers:

It's a stunning gown in the perfect red shade to match the Ruby Parure! Her updo was awful though, I have to agree. :ermm:

It was mentioned below. Courtesy of Roskilde: "It's from Danish Jesper HÝvring."

Madame Royale 10-20-2012 04:53 PM

Superb evening gown and that hair style was fantastic. Only Mary could pull off a hairstyle like that with such aplomb.

Daria_S 10-20-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit
Not so keen on the dress and the hair ... well some things are better left unsaid :-)

I'm with you in regards to the dress. It's too busy, though the shade of red is very becoming on Mary.

casualfan 10-21-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S

I'm with you in regards to the dress. It's too busy, though the shade of red is very becoming on Mary.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. There's nothing busy about the gown itself, and I just don't get why everything has to be so matchy-matchy.

IMO she looked wonderful, tho I'd love to see how the hair looks from the front.

udyusa 10-21-2012 01:14 AM

I'm with you, casualfan. From what I can see, Mary looks lovely, as she usually always does. Her jewels are spectacular with the gown.

NGalitzine 10-21-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Royale (Post 1474683)
Superb evening gown and that hair style was fantastic. Only Mary could pull off a hairstyle like that with such aplomb.

I am sorry, but when people start referring to you as the Bride of Frankenstein I don't think you "pulled it off".

Madame Royale 10-21-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

I am sorry, but when people start referring to you as the Bride of Frankenstein I don't think you "pulled it off".
Oh, I must have missed the memo which stated that I had to agree with the general consensus of an online sub forum..

I maintain that her hair was very regal and very fitting ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight (Post 1474660)
Thank you for the pic, but you forgot to mention the designer. I'm quite curious! ;):flowers:

It's a stunning gown in the perfect red shade to match the Ruby Parure! Her updo was awful though, I have to agree. :ermm:

It is a lovely gown and I was surprised that I liked it myself, being that I'm never usually a fan of red on Mary.

I'm in no doubt that the gown would have been tailored in accordance to the Crown Princess' specifications so I would not be surprised if the actual gown was adapted in some shape or form to suit Mary's requirements and not only her measurements.

As with many catwalk catalogue items, a vast majority of what you see on the runway is in some way altered to suit the demands of the purchasing clientele.

I particularly liked the pleating of the bodice and thought the wrist lengthened sleeves added the overall sophistication. A long sleeve is a particularly pretty option for evening wear in Autumn and she wears sleeves very well in any case.

Duke-of-Earl 10-21-2012 03:46 AM

The colour of the gown was nice but I didn't like the fit or cut at all. A swing and a miss I'm afraid.

iceflower 10-21-2012 04:00 AM

.

Speculative and off-topic posts have been removed!

NoorMeansLight 10-21-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1474669)
It was mentioned below. Courtesy of Roskilde: "It's from Danish Jesper HÝvring."

I totally missed that, thanks for bringing it up! :flowers:

soraya 10-21-2012 03:02 PM

The top part looks beautiful but a bit tight around the breast.
What a nice shade of red.
Her hairdo is ugly:biggrin:

EIIR 10-21-2012 03:15 PM

It's such a cliche to wear a red dress with rubies. The top half of the dress seems nice enough but if the bottom half is like that of the model, then it just doesn't work for me.

What on earth is she transporting in that hairdo? Did she bring a packed lunch? Or maybe she's going to use it to smuggle a doggie bag for herself and Fred for later?

Duke-of-Earl 10-21-2012 03:39 PM

Are there any full-length photos of Mary's dress? Would be a better perspective to see the entire dress. I see only the one picture of her seated on an awkward angle at a table but there are plenty of full-length photos of the other CPs.

Lumutqueen 10-21-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl
Are there any full-length photos of Mary's dress? Would be a better perspective to see the entire dress. I see only the one picture of her seated on an awkward angle at a table but there are plenty of full-length photos of the other CPs.

Unfortunately Mary arrived, we think, after the other guests in Luxembourg and did not travel from hotel to the evening venue but went straight from plane to the gala banquet. There is a full length picture of a model wearing the dress in the post below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick
A slightly larger photo of the runway model in the red dress. I think Mary looks nice and although the hairstyle was clearly awful, I'm sure it came back down to earth the following day (today). :smile:

http://www.milkandhoneymedia.co.uk/w...2013-cfw17.jpg

[

Duke-of-Earl 10-21-2012 04:20 PM

Thanks for the link and that dress does nothing for me so I'll have to take a pass on both the dress and that bizarre hairstyle thingy lol. The rubies also appear to get lost in the red of her dress IMO.

Cinderella5x 10-21-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1473879)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1473951)
I found this picture of the dress.. It's from Danish Jesper HÝvring.
Royal Outfits of Crown Princess Mary: October, 19: Gala Dinner

Oh, I would had loved to seen Mary in a full view :cry: The dress looks amazing IMO

Don't like the dress after I saw it at the model. While the top part isn't bad, the bottom is just too much, and combining the stripes at the top with the frills at the bottom it makes a mess.
Also I find the top part too tight on Mary.
Don't like the combination of two red colours (the dress and the jewels), she should have chosen different jewels, or different dress. Too matchy-matchy. Also don't like the way the necklace looks with the neckline of the dress. I would see something longer there, if she needed a necklace, but, with all those stripes I would prefer no necklace at all.
As to the hair, have to agree with most posters, way too severe and way too big.
All in all one of the worst Mary's looks.

Emmily 10-21-2012 05:51 PM

I would love to see a full length picture of the gown! I have to say that Mary's hairstyle reminds me of the way her MIL wears her hair on occasion. Not sure it's a good look for Mary! In fact I'm sure of it;0

Baroness of Books 10-22-2012 06:28 PM

I agree with the comments about Mary's updo; I've certainly seen her wear better styles and this is way OTT. And from what I can see from the half-photo of Mary's dress, a sheer top and sleeves would have looked more delicate; the solid fabric looks too heavy and bulky. The color is beautiful on her, but a necklace with different stones would have been a better contrast.

Daria_S 10-22-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1475587)
I agree with the comments about Mary's updo; I've certainly seen her wear better styles and this is way OTT. And from what I can see from the half-photo of Mary's dress, a sheer top and sleeves would have looked more delicate; the solid fabric looks too heavy and bulky. The color is beautiful on her, but a necklace with different stones would have been a better contrast.

Welcome back :biggrin:! You hit the nail on the head here. The fabric made the dress appear very cumbersome and busy. I was overwhelmed by it, frankly. I think that it would have looked a lot better as a simple evening gown, with capped sleeves (or no sleeves at all), without all that stuff in the front.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises