The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 11: October 2012 - April 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/crown-princess-marys-eveningwear-part-11-october-2012-april-2013-a-33814.html)

iceflower 10-08-2012 03:04 AM

Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 11: October 2012 - April 2013

Welcome to Part 11 of the thread for Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 10: May 2012 - October 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Duke of Marmalade 10-08-2012 08:38 AM

the Culture Prize look:

At some pics the length looks ok,
http://db2.stb.s-msn.com/i/73/797621...DF5BB83B80.jpg
at some it makes stumpy legs
http://db2.stb.s-msn.com/i/44/62262E...C01036215E.jpg

Frederik looks much better than during his parliament outing, his style of shoes & suit cut is pretty cool.

nylonluva 10-08-2012 10:27 AM

that´s just the angle of photography..migbt be that one pic was taken while the photographer was holdign the cam high...that changes looks soo easyly

Style guru 10-08-2012 10:30 AM

The look (her) is very cultured, safe and classic. Black is just black and not much to say about that.

casualfan 10-08-2012 12:37 PM

The "stumpy legs" photo was taken from above, so this is probably an angle issue.

MARG 10-08-2012 08:37 PM

:previous: Has anyone else noticed the proliferation of photos snapped from a high angle making everyone's head and shoulders look overlarge and almost cartoonish?

AnnaNotherThing 10-08-2012 08:50 PM

High angle or tall photographer? I have a personal anecdote about this, my husband is 6'5" and I am 5'7"...he took a photo of me once that was from this 'high angle' and I said to him, 'What the hell were you standing on when you took that picture?' It seems he was merely standing on his own two feet ;) I say sack the giant photographer, he's making people look bad :)

nylonluva 10-09-2012 09:02 AM

if the photographer was in second row and there was tumult as it often is..he/she had no other chance than rasing the cm up and bursting shots...well not really a fashion topic...oh she looked beautiful..to me - like her dress (now it is)

cheers
nylonluva

iceflower 10-09-2012 11:09 AM

Crown Princess Mary yesterday evening at an event in St. Petersburg, Russia, looking lovely in a black dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Shoes **

dazzling 10-09-2012 11:55 AM

Thats a recycled dress I think. Not bad at all though the open hair doesn't work well with the detailing around the neck.
The shoes and clutch are very pretty and very elegant.

Frelinghighness 10-09-2012 11:59 AM

:previous: ITA. The look is very plain, as the only interest is the great earrings and tucking on the neckline, the hair covering all renders it dull.

lancchick 10-09-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1469531)

Crown Princess Mary yesterday evening at an event in St. Petersburg, Russia, looking lovely in a black dress:

Love the shoes. However, the dress is about as boring as one can get. If someone at that event was hoping to see a princess, they must have been very disappointed.

4Pam 10-09-2012 12:20 PM

Love the outfit. Great shoes. It was a nice detail.

IloveCP 10-09-2012 01:01 PM

Very classic and elegant dress. Love the shoes too.

Daria_S 10-09-2012 09:05 PM

I really like the black dress. Elegant indeed.

Artemisia 10-09-2012 10:00 PM

The black death is very beautiful and I absolutely adore the shoes.
Mary has consistently looked very elegant during the Russian tour.

lancchick 10-09-2012 10:40 PM

A hi-res photo which shows the top half of the dress. http://www.presswire.dk/log/pm_files...sesse_Mary.jpg

By the looks of it, this evening event was more business than pleasure or glitz so the dress is appropriate. It fits her very nicely. :flowers:

ayvee 10-09-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

From Hugo Boss 'Denna' dress. She has the white one too which she wore in Australia last year.

Duke of Marmalade 10-10-2012 06:16 AM

Its hard to go wrong with a little black dress, love the shoes!

Princess Luna 10-10-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Anyone know where the shoes is from? Could it be Prada?

NoorMeansLight 10-10-2012 08:47 AM

Very elegant dress and lovely hairstyle. I don't like the shoes though.

Kit 10-10-2012 02:20 PM

There is a logo on the shoes but I can't make it out. But Prada is always a good guess as far as Mary is concerned.

Princess Luna 10-18-2012 04:58 PM

The shoes is from Malene Birger :smile:

Kit 10-18-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Luna
The shoes is from Malene Birger :smile:

Thank you for the info!

Lumutqueen 10-20-2012 03:47 AM

A picture was just posted of Mary last night in the Gala Banquet thread - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y53pbkrXkC...+Guy+Wolff.jpg

Roskilde 10-20-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1473879)
A picture was just posted of Mary last night in the Gala Banquet thread - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y53pbkrXkC...+Guy+Wolff.jpg

I found this picture of the dress.. It's from Danish Jesper Høvring.
Royal Outfits of Crown Princess Mary: October, 19: Gala Dinner

Oh, I would had loved to seen Mary in a full view :cry: The dress looks amazing IMO

NoorMeansLight 10-20-2012 10:51 AM

Judging by the top part, it must be a wonderful gown! Lovely shade of red, too!

Bine221 10-20-2012 11:11 AM

What a shame, that - it seems - there is no full pic of CP Mary in her dress.... would loooove to see it
Bye Bine

Water 10-20-2012 11:17 AM

I think there are too much red and too busy when I see the photo of the upper body of Mary. I still can't judge the dress as no full pictures are provided. But I think it will be much more better to the whole image if she wears her wedding tiara to match the red gown. For me, it is too complicated to wear different shades of red from head to toe in the whole outfit(I hope she wont wear a pair of red shoes) as red is really a very strong colour and not everyone can pull it off well. I also agree that the neckline of the dress goes not match with her beautiful necklace. Moreover, the hairstyle is a bit old fashioned to Mary, it makes me remembering Rania always did with a very high hair band.

ANNIE_S 10-20-2012 11:32 AM

The hairstyle is plain awful, she looks like an alien. It ages her a lot, too.
I´ve seen a photo of the dress on a model in the catwalk and is quite nice, I would love to see a full view of Mary in it to judge, but I guess we won´t have it :sad:
From what we can see, I think that the bodice looks too tight on her, and the necklace looks wrong with it.

Nico 10-20-2012 12:01 PM

The hairdo is very "hair explosion a la Alexandre of Paris circa 1965".
I just can't imagine the structure (and hairspray) behind this cake.

bertie5252003 10-20-2012 01:17 PM

Gosh I love the colour on her ... really beautiful gown

lancchick 10-20-2012 02:09 PM

A slightly larger photo of the runway model in the red dress. I think Mary looks nice and although the hairstyle was clearly awful, I'm sure it came back down to earth the following day (today). :smile:

http://www.milkandhoneymedia.co.uk/w...2013-cfw17.jpg

CrownPrincess5 10-20-2012 02:19 PM

Mary couldn't have chosen a better dress.

Lumutqueen 10-20-2012 02:20 PM

I don't like the dress on Mary, I don't mind the top part and the colour is lovely though. Her hair is too severe even for me.

IloveCP 10-20-2012 02:26 PM

I feel the dress would have been better if it was strapless. The jewels are stunning but that hair is horrendous!

AdmirerUS 10-20-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1474580)
I don't like the dress on Mary, I don't mind the top part and the colour is lovely though. Her hair is too severe even for me.

That dress is great on her - but the hair indeed has an element of conehead to it.

ashelen 10-20-2012 02:43 PM

it is ashamed not to see a photo of mary standing up with that drees!! dress looks nice on the model!

princess gertrude 10-20-2012 03:35 PM

Have to agree with most of you about the hair, a little bride of Frankenstein-ish. The color of the dress is perfect on Mary, wish we could have seen it in a full length picture.

Kit 10-20-2012 04:13 PM

Not so keen on the dress and the hair ... well some things are better left unsaid :-)

NoorMeansLight 10-20-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1474567)
A slightly larger photo of the runway model in the red dress. I think Mary looks nice and although the hairstyle was clearly awful, I'm sure it came back down to earth the following day (today). :smile:

Thank you for the pic, but you forgot to mention the designer. I'm quite curious! ;):flowers:

It's a stunning gown in the perfect red shade to match the Ruby Parure! Her updo was awful though, I have to agree. :ermm:

lancchick 10-20-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight (Post 1474660)
Thank you for the pic, but you forgot to mention the designer. I'm quite curious! ;):flowers:

It's a stunning gown in the perfect red shade to match the Ruby Parure! Her updo was awful though, I have to agree. :ermm:

It was mentioned below. Courtesy of Roskilde: "It's from Danish Jesper Høvring."

Madame Royale 10-20-2012 04:53 PM

Superb evening gown and that hair style was fantastic. Only Mary could pull off a hairstyle like that with such aplomb.

Daria_S 10-20-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit
Not so keen on the dress and the hair ... well some things are better left unsaid :-)

I'm with you in regards to the dress. It's too busy, though the shade of red is very becoming on Mary.

casualfan 10-21-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S

I'm with you in regards to the dress. It's too busy, though the shade of red is very becoming on Mary.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. There's nothing busy about the gown itself, and I just don't get why everything has to be so matchy-matchy.

IMO she looked wonderful, tho I'd love to see how the hair looks from the front.

udyusa 10-21-2012 01:14 AM

I'm with you, casualfan. From what I can see, Mary looks lovely, as she usually always does. Her jewels are spectacular with the gown.

NGalitzine 10-21-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Royale (Post 1474683)
Superb evening gown and that hair style was fantastic. Only Mary could pull off a hairstyle like that with such aplomb.

I am sorry, but when people start referring to you as the Bride of Frankenstein I don't think you "pulled it off".

Madame Royale 10-21-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

I am sorry, but when people start referring to you as the Bride of Frankenstein I don't think you "pulled it off".
Oh, I must have missed the memo which stated that I had to agree with the general consensus of an online sub forum..

I maintain that her hair was very regal and very fitting ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight (Post 1474660)

It is a lovely gown and I was surprised that I liked it myself, being that I'm never usually a fan of red on Mary.

I'm in no doubt that the gown would have been tailored in accordance to the Crown Princess' specifications so I would not be surprised if the actual gown was adapted in some shape or form to suit Mary's requirements and not only her measurements.

As with many catwalk catalogue items, a vast majority of what you see on the runway is in some way altered to suit the demands of the purchasing clientele.

I particularly liked the pleating of the bodice and thought the wrist lengthened sleeves added the overall sophistication. A long sleeve is a particularly pretty option for evening wear in Autumn and she wears sleeves very well in any case.

Duke-of-Earl 10-21-2012 03:46 AM

The colour of the gown was nice but I didn't like the fit or cut at all. A swing and a miss I'm afraid.

iceflower 10-21-2012 04:00 AM

Speculative and off-topic posts have been removed!

NoorMeansLight 10-21-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1474669)
It was mentioned below. Courtesy of Roskilde: "It's from Danish Jesper Høvring."

I totally missed that, thanks for bringing it up! :flowers:

soraya 10-21-2012 03:02 PM

The top part looks beautiful but a bit tight around the breast.
What a nice shade of red.
Her hairdo is ugly:biggrin:

EIIR 10-21-2012 03:15 PM

It's such a cliche to wear a red dress with rubies. The top half of the dress seems nice enough but if the bottom half is like that of the model, then it just doesn't work for me.

What on earth is she transporting in that hairdo? Did she bring a packed lunch? Or maybe she's going to use it to smuggle a doggie bag for herself and Fred for later?

Duke-of-Earl 10-21-2012 03:39 PM

Are there any full-length photos of Mary's dress? Would be a better perspective to see the entire dress. I see only the one picture of her seated on an awkward angle at a table but there are plenty of full-length photos of the other CPs.

Lumutqueen 10-21-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl
Are there any full-length photos of Mary's dress? Would be a better perspective to see the entire dress. I see only the one picture of her seated on an awkward angle at a table but there are plenty of full-length photos of the other CPs.

Unfortunately Mary arrived, we think, after the other guests in Luxembourg and did not travel from hotel to the evening venue but went straight from plane to the gala banquet. There is a full length picture of a model wearing the dress in the post below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick

[

Duke-of-Earl 10-21-2012 04:20 PM

Thanks for the link and that dress does nothing for me so I'll have to take a pass on both the dress and that bizarre hairstyle thingy lol. The rubies also appear to get lost in the red of her dress IMO.

Cinderella5x 10-21-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1473879)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1473951)
I found this picture of the dress.. It's from Danish Jesper Høvring.
Royal Outfits of Crown Princess Mary: October, 19: Gala Dinner

Oh, I would had loved to seen Mary in a full view :cry: The dress looks amazing IMO

Don't like the dress after I saw it at the model. While the top part isn't bad, the bottom is just too much, and combining the stripes at the top with the frills at the bottom it makes a mess.
Also I find the top part too tight on Mary.
Don't like the combination of two red colours (the dress and the jewels), she should have chosen different jewels, or different dress. Too matchy-matchy. Also don't like the way the necklace looks with the neckline of the dress. I would see something longer there, if she needed a necklace, but, with all those stripes I would prefer no necklace at all.
As to the hair, have to agree with most posters, way too severe and way too big.
All in all one of the worst Mary's looks.

Emmily 10-21-2012 05:51 PM

I would love to see a full length picture of the gown! I have to say that Mary's hairstyle reminds me of the way her MIL wears her hair on occasion. Not sure it's a good look for Mary! In fact I'm sure of it;0

Baroness of Books 10-22-2012 06:28 PM

I agree with the comments about Mary's updo; I've certainly seen her wear better styles and this is way OTT. And from what I can see from the half-photo of Mary's dress, a sheer top and sleeves would have looked more delicate; the solid fabric looks too heavy and bulky. The color is beautiful on her, but a necklace with different stones would have been a better contrast.

Daria_S 10-22-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1475587)
I agree with the comments about Mary's updo; I've certainly seen her wear better styles and this is way OTT. And from what I can see from the half-photo of Mary's dress, a sheer top and sleeves would have looked more delicate; the solid fabric looks too heavy and bulky. The color is beautiful on her, but a necklace with different stones would have been a better contrast.

Welcome back :biggrin:! You hit the nail on the head here. The fabric made the dress appear very cumbersome and busy. I was overwhelmed by it, frankly. I think that it would have looked a lot better as a simple evening gown, with capped sleeves (or no sleeves at all), without all that stuff in the front.

iceflower 10-23-2012 03:27 AM

Posts about Crown Princess Mary's jewellery have been moved to the Royal Jewels subforum!

Fanvanmaxima 10-23-2012 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1475124)
Unfortunately Mary arrived, we think, after the other guests in Luxembourg and did not travel from hotel to the evening venue but went straight from plane to the gala banquet. There is a full length picture of a model wearing the dress in the post below.
[

They arrived earlier that evening at the Palace en changed there. They were staying at the Palace:

Crown Princess Mary And Crown Prince Frederic Of Denmark

Lumutqueen 10-23-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanvanmaxima

They arrived earlier that evening at the Palace en changed there. They were staying at the Palace:

Crown Princess Mary And Crown Prince Frederic Of Denmark

And the gala banquet was at the palace, hence they went straight from plane to gala banquet.

iceflower 10-24-2012 03:49 AM

Mary at the gala dinner for the President of Slovakia on October 23, wearing a long blue dress and her white fur cape:

** Full view **

dazzling 10-24-2012 04:32 AM

This is a beautiful recycled dress which I wish she would wear a bit more.
Unfortunately she didn't pull the overall look off well last night. The white fur was too white/grey against that shade of blue. Her make up seemed a bit too white for her skin tone.

Roskilde 10-24-2012 07:21 AM

Mary looks beautiful last night. This dress is one of my favorite dresses. The blue color suits her and the dress fits her very well. So I'm glad that Mary wore this dress again :)

dbarn67 10-24-2012 07:57 AM

This dress is very nice. It's not my favorite Mary dress as it's a little bridesmaidy to me. Still, she looks great and it's great seeing her pearl choker and smaller tiara again.

http://i46.tinypic.com/xrfpg.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/6qi72g.jpg

Duke of Marmalade 10-24-2012 08:38 AM

I think its a good and safe choice for a gala dinner. The whole look works with the tiara. Not keen on the fur cape though.

rubies 10-24-2012 09:14 AM

I agree with everyone, Mary looks beautiful and its a typical choice though not my favorite gown.

Kit 10-24-2012 10:29 AM

Thank you! I agree in some pics Mary looks pale but apart from that quite lovely. Always liked the dress and the tiara tooks really good against her dark hair and with this hairstyle.

casualfan 10-24-2012 11:17 AM

I really think the pallor comes from the way the anteroom was dimly lit while the flashes were bouncing all around.

I love this look! She looks really radiant in jewel tones.

bertie5252003 10-24-2012 02:30 PM

Lovely the dress is recycled but I love it and I like the fur on her ...

Baroness of Books 10-24-2012 03:54 PM

That's a beautiful blue on her and I just love her blue topaz/aquamarine choker.

IloveCP 10-24-2012 04:01 PM

Mary looks stunning! Love that color and I think the fur goes well with the look.

AnnaNotherThing 10-24-2012 07:26 PM

This maybe a stupid question but these are really the things I NEED TO KNOW and that bug me trying to speculate about ;)

Where do the ladies put their clutches when they are seated? I saw Mary walk in with one, but didn't see it after that (obviously) They aren't put in front of them on the table, do they put them under the table or behind their back between themselves and the chair back?..Or are they 'looked after' by the help and given back when requested perhaps in a special clutch hutch or clutch credenza :)

PrincessofEurope 10-24-2012 07:57 PM

Great to see this dress brought out again - lovely colour and style on Mary. And the look was completeted perfectly with her stunning aquamarine set - choker, earrings and ring

dbarn67 10-24-2012 10:38 PM

A less formal dinner brought out a less formal Crown Princess Mary tonight.

Tis simple dark green dress looks very nice on Mary.

http://i45.tinypic.com/106iofq.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/fp1hj6.jpg

Frelinghighness 10-24-2012 10:56 PM

Do love the blue gown on Mary. Remember it well. Her jewlery and hairdo complement it well as well as her posture.
The green dress is lovely too and looks nice with the beige pumps. To me, it is crying out for an accessory of some kind.

sheikah deena 10-24-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing (Post 1476584)
This maybe a stupid question but these are really the things I NEED TO KNOW and that bug me trying to speculate about ;)

Where do the ladies put their clutches when they are seated? I saw Mary walk in with one, but didn't see it after that (obviously) They aren't put in front of them on the table, do they put them under the table or behind their back between themselves and the chair back?..Or are they 'looked after' by the help and given back when requested perhaps in a special clutch hutch or clutch credenza :)

Etiquette and International Protocol is you should put your clutches in ,, It belongs in one of places, your lap under your napkin or behind you in the chair under the small of your back or infront of you ,, & While dancing , you can leave the clutch in the chair ,,, if Bag not clutch , so you can put it on the floor from left side ,,,,,,, And No dear Noway it given back when requested because always be your own items inside the clutch , Like , lipstick , perfume , key , credit card , and you possible need it in any time !! :flowers:

Daria_S 10-25-2012 12:16 AM

Mary looks like a Princess that she is in the blue dress. I love it. Absolutely stunning and regal..

ashelen 10-25-2012 01:04 AM

Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers

:flowers:according to this photo mary put her clutch on the table!:flowers:

4Pam 10-25-2012 01:46 AM

She looked beautiful both nights as always.

Muhler 10-25-2012 07:19 AM

Billed Bladet #43, 2012 informs us that the reason why there appears to be only one picture of Mary at the gala dinner prior to the wedding in Luxembourg is that they both stayed at the palace and as such were not seen among those guests who arrived.

The red dress Mary wore was by Jesper Høvring.

Daisiesforever 10-25-2012 07:58 AM

The sapphire blue gown always looks lovely on Princess Mary. A very classic and elegant look. The jade dress is simple yet chic. However this dress does require a complimentary brooch or necklace to complete the picture.

Archduchess Zelia 10-25-2012 08:15 AM

I love the blue gown, she looks really stunning and very regal.
The green dress is also incredibly beautiful, I would want to wear that (but it's probably nowhere near affordable for me :lol:) and she looks gorgeous as ever wearing it.

Kit 10-25-2012 10:26 AM

I agree about the green dress. Very beautiful. She looks really gorgeous.

She really looks pretty. When she gets it right she REALLY gets it right.

dazzling 10-25-2012 01:50 PM

The green dress is very pretty but I find it a bit too simple for the dinner. I think she could've done a bit better.

Roskilde 10-25-2012 02:05 PM

Mary really understands to do it simple, but yet elegant and lovely. Less is more!

Front view
http://www.newscom.com/nc/popupimgwa...cs/127/743.thm
Back view
http://www.newscom.com/nc/popupimgwa...cs/127/738.thm

Cinderella5x 10-25-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1476685)
Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers

:flowers:according to this photo mary put her clutch on the table!:flowers:

I don't see the photo you emntioned, do you have a better link?

Prinsessan 10-25-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1476999)
Mary really understands to do it simple, but yet elegant and lovely. Less is more!

Front view
Back view

The dark green really goes with her brown hair, I like it.

bertie5252003 10-25-2012 02:17 PM

I love the teal dress those deep rich colours are gorgeous on her

IloveCP 10-25-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1476999)

Front view
Back view

She looks lovely in that green dress.

nylonluva 10-29-2012 07:23 AM

absolute Classy - thank you looks wonderfull from front and back ;-)

iceflower 10-29-2012 12:49 PM

Crown Princess Mary yesterday evening at a Gala show hosted by the Danish Lung Association in Copenhagen - nice look:

** Full view with coat ** Upper part ** Close up **

Duke of Marmalade 10-29-2012 01:48 PM

Uh, its the lingerie dress, recycled. I never liked the top, too nightgownish. The skirt is different though, for the better!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...turpris5-1.jpg
http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot....prince_25.html

Daria_S 10-29-2012 01:53 PM

I liked the dress when it was under the coat. When I saw the full view, I changed my mind. The top part is nicer than the bottom though.

bertie5252003 10-29-2012 01:54 PM

Not crazy about this sort of dress at anytime but I like it a lot better without all the handkerchief hemming.

Cinderella5x 10-29-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarn67 (Post 1476326)
This dress is very nice. It's not my favorite Mary dress as it's a little bridesmaidy to me. Still, she looks great and it's great seeing her pearl choker and smaller tiara again.

http://i46.tinypic.com/xrfpg.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/6qi72g.jpg
[COLOR=#0066cc]

Nice dress in a very pretty colour. The neckline is too deep though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarn67 (Post 1476646)
A less formal dinner brought out a less formal Crown Princess Mary tonight.

Tis simple dark green dress looks very nice on Mary.

http://i45.tinypic.com/106iofq.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/fp1hj6.jpg

Very pretty dress, very simple yet elegant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1478353)
Uh, its the lingerie dress, recycled. I never liked the top, too nightgownish. The skirt is different though, for the better!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/DRWs/kulturpris5-1.jpg
http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot....prince_25.html

The top looks like the nightgown, the bottom looks like the part of the Halloween witch costume. Not a good look at all.

rubies 10-29-2012 02:32 PM

I love black and lace, but this wasn't made right IMO. Very night gownish and I don't like that black coat.

Emmily 10-29-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubies (Post 1478376)
I love black and lace, but this wasn't made right IMO. Very night gownish and I don't like that black coat.

Yes, I can't say I care for the top at all. The skirt is much better this time around though!