The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f283/)
-   -   HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events 2 (October 2012 - May 2014) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f283/hgd-guillaume-and-hgd-st-phanie-current-events-2-october-2012-may-2014-a-33782.html)

Princess Robijn 09-30-2012 04:01 PM

HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events 2 (October 2012 - May 2014)
 
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ndStphanie.jpg

The joint monogram of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie

Welcome to the 1st thread for Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg's Current Events.


Please post current news and events of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie in this thread

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :

  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.


Thanks and happy Posting!

JessRulz, Marengo & Princess Robijn
Luxembourg Forum Moderators

Meraude 10-21-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1469415)
There is a charming little clip on the RT.lu site that has Guillaume speaking to Stephanie in Luxembourgish, and she responds. She sounds great but is still learning. She explains that she can understand very well but is not quite fluent yet.

As Lëtzebuergesch is related both to German and to Flemish, one of Stéphanie's native languages, it's no surprise that she understands it well, and I doubt it will take long before she speaks Lëtzebuergesch fluently.

Emeralds and Opals 10-21-2012 08:50 AM

Perhaps within 9 months or by October 2013. HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie shall become parents for the first time.

:flowers:

Till then it shall be great to see HGD Stephanie having her first christmas married and also celebrate her first New Year's eve and day as a member of the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg(Luxemburg).

:flowers:

Meraude 10-21-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals (Post 1474951)
Perhaps within 9 months or by October 2013. HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie shall become parents for the first time.

Well, Stéphanie and Guillaume said in their pre-wedding interviews that they don't plan to have children until after two or three years of marriage so I doubt that they will become parents in 2013.

fortimo 10-22-2012 01:00 AM

Maybe it is not the best place to ask, but what connection is between the royal-family of Luxemburg and Norway? Are they also relatives or only very good friend?

Artemisia 10-22-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortimo (Post 1475282)
Maybe it is not the best place to ask, but what connection is between the royal-family of Luxemburg and Norway? Are they also relatives or only very good friend?

King Harald and Grand Duke Henri are actually very closely related: they are 1st cousins once removed through not one but two separate lines. Their most recent common ancestors were Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland (son of Oscar I of Sweden) and Ingeborg of Denmark (daughter of Frederick VIII of Denmark)

Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland -> Astrid of Sweden -> Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium -> Grand Duke Henri
Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland -> Martha of Sweden -> Harald V

Frederick VIII -> Ingeborg of Denmark -> Astrid of Sweden -> Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium -> Grand Duke Henri
Frederick VIII -> Ingeborg of Denmark -> Martha of Sweden -> Harald V
Frederick VIII -> Haakon VII of Norway -> Olav V of Norway -> Harald V

fortimo 10-22-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1475287)
King Harald and Grand Duke Henri are actually very closely related: they are 1st cousins once removed through not one but two separate lines. Their most recent common ancestors were Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland (son of Oscar I of Sweden) and Ingeborg of Denmark (daughter of Frederick VIII of Denmark)

Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland -> Astrid of Sweden -> Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium -> Grand Duke Henri
Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland -> Martha of Sweden -> Harald V

Frederick VIII -> Ingeborg of Denmark -> Astrid of Sweden -> Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium -> Grand Duke Henri
Frederick VIII -> Ingeborg of Denmark -> Martha of Sweden -> Harald V
Frederick VIII -> Haakon VII of Norway -> Olav V of Norway -> Harald V

Thanks the answer!:flowers:

Breffney 10-23-2012 01:12 PM

Is it known if Guillaume and Stephanie have left yet for a honeymoon destination. ?

Moonmaiden23 10-25-2012 01:33 AM

Breffney, they left Saturday night after the fireworks display.

Breffney 10-25-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1476698)
Breffney, they left Saturday night after the fireworks display.

You're a star. ! Thanks, Moonmaiden23 :flowers:

Kataryn 10-25-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meraude (Post 1474855)
As Lëtzebuergesch is related both to German and to Flemish, one of Stéphanie's native languages, it's no surprise that she understands it well, and I doubt it will take long before she speaks Lëtzebuergesch fluently.

In fact, the dialect in Luxembourg is a Rhenanian/Moselan Franconian dialect which is related to the Palatianian, the Colognian, the Flemish and the Dutch German. Interwoven are French words, so you can say it really one of the Middle-European dialects, but mostly Germanic.

If Stephanie is a Flemish speaker, she should have no problems with her new home "language".

Charlotte_Aster 10-26-2012 05:20 PM

HGD Stephanie now has her own profile in the monarchie.lu website.
La Grande-Duchesse Héritière - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Famille grand-ducale

gerry 10-26-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kataryn (Post 1477127)
In fact, the dialect in Luxembourg is a Rhenanian/Moselan Franconian dialect which is related to the Palatianian, the Colognian, the Flemish and the Dutch German. Interwoven are French words, so you can say it really one of the Middle-European dialects, but mostly Germanic.

If Stephanie is a Flemish speaker, she should have no problems with her new home "language".

Indeed, according to the new official biography on the Luxemburgish grand-ducal website, the new Grand Duchess did her primary education in Flemish, although her native language is listed as French. Interestingly, Flemish is not included as one of the languages in which she is fluent; an exclusion that perhaps indicates political correctness?:whistling:

Catharina 10-30-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meraude (Post 1475082)
Well, Stéphanie and Guillaume said in their pre-wedding interviews that they don't plan to have children until after two or three years of marriage so I doubt that they will become parents in 2013.

They are both devout Catholics so unless they sleep in separate bedrooms for the next couple of years, I doubt they can postpone having children that long.

AdmirerUS 10-30-2012 06:08 PM

Has there been any word yet on the honeymoon locale?

leidi 10-30-2012 06:17 PM

Am I the only one that is DYING to see them again? :biggrin:

Dman 10-30-2012 06:19 PM

Yes, it will be nice and exciting to see them start off their lives together.

Daria_S 10-30-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leidi (Post 1478694)
Am I the only one that is DYING to see them again? :biggrin:

No, I'm chomping at the bit to see them out and about too :biggrin:.

JessRulz 10-30-2012 09:46 PM

Several posts have been moved to various threads as they did not relate to the couple's current events. Please discuss the wedding in the wedding forum, while Stéphanie's title can be discussed in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...age-33938.html thread.

fandesacs2003 10-31-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kataryn (Post 1477127)
In fact, the dialect in Luxembourg is a Rhenanian/Moselan Franconian dialect which is related to the Palatianian, the Colognian, the Flemish and the Dutch German. Interwoven are French words, so you can say it really one of the Middle-European dialects, but mostly Germanic.

If Stephanie is a Flemish speaker, she should have no problems with her new home "language".

I saw inEuronews a short clip of the civil wedding, it was the moment when the Mayor asks the usual question : Would you accept tom marry.....
Gauillaume was asked and replied in French
Stephanie was asked in Flemish (or Luxembourgian?) and I heard, she replied "Yo". So flemish was considered to be her mother/legal tongue.
The Palace's website said that she did all her scolarity in "dutch" language (neerlandais, not flemish), and after they said that her mother tongue is french. So why she was asked in flemish(dutch)?
Not clear


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises