The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mary's Working Visit to New York; September 27th-October 1st, 2012 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/crown-princess-marys-working-visit-to-new-york-september-27th-october-1st-2012-a-33722.html)

dazzling 09-20-2012 02:49 PM

Crown Princess Mary's Working Visit to New York; September 27th-October 1st, 2012
 
Crown Princess Mary Visit to New York: September 27 - October 1, 2012


Quote:

HRH Crown Princess participates in activities related to the High-Level Task Force for the International Conference on Population and Development in New York on 28 - 30 September.

Source: kongehuset.dk

Duke-of-Earl 09-27-2012 12:42 PM

Isn't Mary in New York today? Can't find any information in the North American media but I suppose that's not surprising considering Americans/Canadians wouldn't recognise or know Mary if they tripped over her. When will NY visit thread be open?

Roskilde 09-27-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl (Post 1466051)
Isn't Mary in New York today? Can't find any information in the North American media but I suppose that's not surprising considering Americans/Canadians wouldn't recognise or know who Mary is if they tripped over her. When will NY visit thread be opened?

Mary's program in New York will begin 06.30 pm local time and the time in New York is right now only 12.49 pm. :smile:

iceflower 09-28-2012 02:05 AM

.

Crown Princess Mary attended the launch event for an international cross-media project entitled "Why Poverty?" at The United Nations in New York, NY on September 27, 2012.




** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

dazzling 09-28-2012 02:06 AM

Posted at the sometime Iceflower :lol:
Thanks for the pictures. Does anyone know if Mary's brooch is new? LOve the orange shade on her.
She has been quite busy this past month and quite a few more travels the coming month.

Official program in New York via kongehuset

Quote:

HRH CROWN PRINCESS PARTICIPATES IN THE PERIOD 28-30TH SEPTEMBER IN ACTIVITIES RELATED TO THE HIGH-LEVEL TASK FORCE ON ICPD


Friday the 28th September 2012

Briefing on the High Level Task Force on International for ICPD
Morning
Crown Princess receives briefing on the High Level Task Force on International for ICPD at Ambassador Carsten Staur, the Danish UN mission in New York.

Meeting with the head of the High Level Task Force on International for ICPD Secretariat
Afternoon
Crown Princess will meet with Maria Jose Alcala, head of the High Level Task Force on ICPD Secretariat at the Danish UN mission in New York.

Saturday the 29th September and Sunday 30 September 2012

High Level Task Force on ICPD meetings
Crown Princess participates in HLTF meetings in Tarrytown, New York.

Reception and dinner
Crown Princess participates Saturday night in reception and dinner for High Level Task Force on ICPD members in Tarrytown, New York.

Monday 1 October 2012

High Level Task Force on ICPD launch
Kl. 12.30
Crown Princess participates in the launch of the High Level Task Force on ICPD at the Ford Foundation, New York.

Roskilde 09-28-2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1466184)
Posted at the sometime Iceflower :lol:
Thanks for the pictures. Does anyone know if Mary's brooch is new? LOve the orange shade on her.
She has been quite busy this past month and quite a few more travels the coming month.

Yes, she is really busy these months. She is doing a great job. Brazil, New York, Russia, Mozambique and Hong Kong in December. I hope she holds a lovely and relaxing autumn holiday with Frederik and their children :flowers:

iceflower 09-28-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1466184)
Posted at the sometime Iceflower :lol:


Good timing :smile::smile:


Here are two galleries of the event, a short video and two articles:


** lehtikuva.fi: Prinsessa Mary osallistui YK:n köyhyysseminaariin **


** purepeople: Princesse Mary à New York : Un magnifique sourire contre la pauvreté **


** dr.dk video: Kronprinsessen til kamp for fattige kvinder **


** svenskdam.se: Kronprinsessan Mary också på plats i FN ** translation **


** hola: Mary de Dinamarca: ¡la que faltaba en Nueva York! ** translation **

dbarn67 09-28-2012 06:42 AM

She looks a little tired. No wonder with that schedule.

Duke-of-Earl 09-28-2012 06:58 AM

Are the New York media covering her visit? If so can someone provide some links, thanks.

Roskilde 09-28-2012 12:49 PM

Billedbladet's journalist Ulrik Ulriksen is with Mary in New York and here is an article from yesterday's event

Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Mary holdt fantastisk tale i New York

Muhler 09-28-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarn67 (Post 1466239)
She looks a little tired. No wonder with that schedule.

Not to mention that she has probably not fully recovered from her cold or whatever she contracted on the flight home from Brazil.

carlota 09-28-2012 02:02 PM

here's a video about the conference, and mary's speech at why poverty.

UN Chromeless Video Player full features

dbarn67 09-28-2012 04:25 PM

A few stumbles but she did an excellent job IMO. I'd like to see those documentaries.

COUNTESS 09-28-2012 08:14 PM

She did a great job. She spoke out for women in places that get little attention. Bless her.

Danishla 09-28-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 1466377)
here's a video about the conference, and mary's speech at why poverty.

UN Chromeless Video Player full features

Thank you so much for this most informative video.

Duke-of-Earl 09-29-2012 12:23 PM

Too bad the American press isn't covering her visit, I was looking forward to more photos.

AnnaNotherThing 09-30-2012 01:15 AM

I watched the video...and I always think it is quite condescending (perhaps not the right word) or self-righteous or cringeworthy of people like Princess Mary who advocate that for '$25 a woman can have safe birth or whatever...' when her life is what it is, one of privilege and wealth and endless Louboutins it seems...I like Mary - don't get me wrong - but this kind of preachy ideals really bugs me...It seems meaningless that she can say things like this and be concerned and then not put her money where her mouth is...I could be wrong but what is the point of people like Mary and celebs like Danny Glover to be there...PR? To get normal people like US to donate to this cause? They talk about the gap between rich and poor widening...and why is this? Baffling...

Muhler 09-30-2012 01:36 AM

:previous:
Well, the short response to that is that if you and I tried to put more focus on the issue, no one would care.
The same thing applies to most politicians. - No one cares.

The focus is very much on Africa and no one cares about Africa. Not least the way the economic situation is at present.

It takes some celebrity, glamour or royalty to get some attention.

carlota 09-30-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing (Post 1466805)
I watched the video...and I always think it is quite condescending (perhaps not the right word) or self-righteous or cringeworthy of people like Princess Mary who advocate that for '$25 a woman can have safe birth or whatever...' when her life is what it is, one of privilege and wealth and endless Louboutins it seems...I like Mary - don't get me wrong - but this kind of preachy ideals really bugs me...It seems meaningless that she can say things like this and be concerned and then not put her money where her mouth is...I could be wrong but what is the point of people like Mary and celebs like Danny Glover to be there...PR? To get normal people like US to donate to this cause? They talk about the gap between rich and poor widening...and why is this? Baffling...

it was what i thought, exactly, when i heard about the 25 USD in her speech. i bet that just this trip, with all the transportation, hotels, security costs, etc, has a value of many, many multiples of 25 USD - perhaps even many more than what this speech will actually get people to donate.

just a thought.

Roskilde 09-30-2012 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl (Post 1466613)
Too bad the American press isn't covering her visit, I was looking forward to more photos.

I too don't understand why her visit isn't covered more? Is it maybe because it is weekend? :confused:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises