The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions and Updates (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f131/)
-   -   Hello (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f131/hello-33626.html)

MaryL 09-01-2012 02:59 PM

Hello

My name is Mary, I live in the North of England, I have been interested in Royalty since at the age of 4 years old, I waved to King George V1 and Queen Elizabeth as they passed through my home town.

MagMil 09-01-2012 03:10 PM

:welcome: Mary :flowers:
Enjoy your time here!!!

Artemisia 09-01-2012 04:06 PM

Welcome, Mary! :flowers:
It must have been quite an exiting experience to be so close to Their Majesties.

Daria_S 09-01-2012 04:17 PM

:welcome: What a great memory to have. Thank you for sharing it. Enjoy your time here. This site is heaven for those of us who enjoy all things royal :biggrin:.

Artemisia 09-01-2012 04:26 PM

:previous:
And we don't feel weirdos because of our hobby.
If I got a dollar for every time a friend has given me the look when I dare to speak of royalty, I'd be a millionaire! :biggrin:

Daria_S 09-01-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1457197)
:previous:
And we don't feel weirdos because of our hobby.
If I got a dollar for every time a friend has given me the look when I dare to speak of royalty, I'd be a millionaire! :biggrin:

On this site, it's hard to feel anything but normal, because everyone around you is in some shape or form interested in royalty. As for the 'look', I get that and an 'oh, here we go again' every time I mention anything royal-related. Before it irritated me, but now I find it quite amusing :biggrin:.

Osipi 09-01-2012 07:28 PM

Welcome Mary Welcome!! I hope you have just as wonderful of a time here as I've been having!

Must be wonderful to have that memory of waving to King George and Queen Elizabeth! They were king and queen when I was born but King George passed on a month after so all I really remember is HM and the DoE's long years of dedication and service.

My hubby (King of the Remote) used to give me the look but I guess now that's he's gotten so used to me and my royal madness, any time he hears anything remotely (pun intended) royal, he makes sure he tells me about it. :biggrin: He's learning.

Princess Luna 09-02-2012 06:44 AM

Welcome MaryL:flowers:

MaryL 09-05-2012 09:29 AM

Thank you very much for your welcome. Although I was so young, I can still picture the King and Queen driving slowly passed.

Blue_ 09-05-2012 10:58 AM

What a beautiful name :smile: (I'm having the same ;) )
Welcome on TRF! Hope you'll enjoy!

Dman 09-07-2012 10:38 AM

Welcome MaryL, that's a lovely memory to have of waving to the King & Queen. I'm new here too and I hope you enjoy your time here at TRF.

MaryL 09-07-2012 02:04 PM

Thank you

for your warm welcomes, this is a fascinating forum.:flowers:

jamiestratton 09-11-2012 06:00 AM

Looking for Royal Fans

Hi
I work for Back2back Productions, England. We are making a 6-part documentary about the Royal Family entitled ‘The Royals’. As part of the documentary we want to speak with people who are huge fans of the Royals. I would love to hear from you if you think this is something that you may be interested in. We would initially arrange a Skype interview and then an interview in person.
Please check out our website www.back2back.tv. If this is something you may be interested in taking part in, please email me on [email protected] or call me at the office on 01273 222652
I hope to hear from you soon :smile:
Kind Regards
Jamie

jamiestratton 09-11-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1457190)
:welcome: What a great memory to have. Thank you for sharing it. Enjoy your time here. This site is heaven for those of us who enjoy all things royal :biggrin:.

Hi
I work for Back2back Productions, England. We are making a 6-part documentary about the Royal Family entitled ‘The Royals’. As part of the documentary we want to speak with people who are huge fans of the Royals. I would love to hear from you if you think this is something that you may be interested in. We would initially arrange a Skype interview and then an interview in person.
Please check out our website www.back2back.tv. If this is something you may be interested in taking part in, please email me on [email protected] or call me at the office on 01273 222652
I hope to hear from you soon
Kind Regards
Jamie