The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Diamond Jubilee 2012 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f273/)
-   -   The Queen & Prince Phillip - Reception for Diamond Jubilee Pageant Organisers (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f273/the-queen-and-prince-phillip-reception-for-diamond-jubilee-pageant-organisers-33527.html)

Artemisia 08-13-2012 09:40 AM

The Queen & Prince Phillip - Reception for Diamond Jubilee Pageant Organisers

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will give a reception at Windsor Castle for the organisers and supporters of the Diamond Jubilee Pageant on 10 October 2012.

Molly2101 08-13-2012 11:22 AM

That is lovely! Nice way to say thanks.

Artemisia 08-13-2012 11:28 AM

:previous:
Indeed. The Pageant was the focal point of the Jubilee celebrations, and thus definitely deserves a separate thank you. :smile:
Although Her Majesty will also express her gratidude to those who organised other events of the Diamond Jubilee a week later, on 16th October 2012.

Artemisia 10-10-2012 03:47 AM

The reception will take place today in the evening.
So far, the only the Queen, Prince Philip and Princess Alexandra are confirmed to attend it.

Anne will probably not make it. She has 3 engagements today - in Kent, Berkshire and London - and will be exhausted by the time the reception is to commence.

Artemisia 10-10-2012 06:52 PM

Some pictures from a reception for the participants of the Royal Windsor Horse Show Jubilee Pageant:
- The Queen
- The Queen greeting Alison and Alan Titchmarch
- Queen Elizabeth talking to Alison and Alan Titchmarch
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh greets guests at the reception

Dman 10-15-2012 11:02 PM

Videos:
Queen and Duke of Edinburgh host Diamond Jubilee Pageant reception:
ROYAL: Queen and Duke of Edinburgh host Diamond Ju | Archive Footage | ITN Source

Queen unveils Windsor and Eton Society Diamond Jubilee Tribute:
ROYAL: Queen unveils Windsor and Eton Society Diam | Archive Footage | ITN Source

Dman 10-16-2012 10:53 AM

Hundreds of people who helped at the Jubilee celebrations this summer will attend a reception at Buckingham Palace tonight.
Queen To Thank Diamond Jubilee Organisers

iceflower 10-16-2012 03:28 PM

.Here are the first pics of the reception for the organisers and supporters of the celebrations for Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee today:

** Pic **

** itv.com: The Queen greets guests at Jubilee celebration party **

Dman 10-16-2012 11:52 PM

Queen honours stars for Diamond Jubilee celebrations-
BBC News - Queen honours stars for Diamond Jubilee celebrations

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth II Honours Jubilee Stars At Buckingham Palace-
Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - Queen Elizabeth II Honours Jubilee Stars At Buckingham Palace - Zimbio

AdmirerUS 10-17-2012 12:07 AM

I was always told, when younger, that the measure of a good leader was how often they spoke of others and how rarely they spoke of themselves.

Please read the royal.gov version of the Jubilee efforts. It is almost entirely about what other did and very little about Her Majesty. God save your Queen.

60 Facts about The Diamond Jubilee celebrations in the UK
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
:britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag:
:royalstandard::royalstandard::royalstandard:

roseroyal 10-17-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1472461)

The Duke of Edinburgh officially opened the new Cellarium cafe at Westminster Abbey in London on October 17.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duke Of Edinburgh Opens The Cellarium Cafe At Westminster Abbey **

Some of the facial expressions here are priceless!:lol:

Dman 10-17-2012 12:14 PM

Videos:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh gave a reception at Buckingham Palace last night for organisers and supporters of the celebrations for the Diamond Jubilee:
Home - ITNSource News

Gary Barlow attends post-Diamond Jubilee reception:
BBC News - Gary Barlow attends post-Diamond Jubilee reception

Dman 10-17-2012 12:23 PM

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Queen will hold a Reception at Buck Palace for Team GB Medallists at the 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games on Oct 23rd

Osipi 10-17-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1472510)

One thing I noticed is that in picture #10 of the series, you can really see the resemblance between the DoE and his son Charles. :smile:

AdmirerUS 10-17-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1472510)

Yup - there appeared to be little room for the photog - so they got creative with the angles and got some entertaining candid shots.

Meadow 10-21-2012 08:15 AM

LOL Some of them are funny. I do like the DofE you know exactly what you are getting with him. Looks like a lovely place for a coffee.

HereditaryPrincess 10-26-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1472537)
One thing I noticed is that in picture #10 of the series, you can really see the resemblance between the DoE and his son Charles. :smile:

I think Harry's beginning to bear some resemblance to Philip, too. :smile:

Osipi 10-26-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1477412)
I think Harry's beginning to bear some resemblance to Philip, too. :smile:

Oh most definitely! I've also noticed lately that when you see Edward smile, its like looking into his mother's face. The family resemblances are remarkable in this family.

HereditaryPrincess 10-26-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1477423)
Oh most definitely! I've also noticed lately that when you see Edward smile, its like looking into his mother's face. The family resemblances are remarkable in this family.

He has her eyes :innocent: