The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Spanish Royal History (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f190/)
-   -   Infante Jaime of Spain, Duke of Segovia (1908-1975) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f190/infante-jaime-of-spain-duke-of-segovia-1908-1975-a-33312.html)

An Ard Ri 06-23-2012 05:03 PM

Infante Jaime of Spain, Duke of Segovia (1908-1975)

23rd of June 1908-Birth of Infante Jaime of Spain

Infante Jaime was the second son of King Alfonso XIII of Spain and his wife Princess Victoria Eugenie,he renounced he his rights to the throne for himself and his descendants in June 1933.

Infante Jaime, Duke of Segovia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An Ard Ri 06-23-2012 05:05 PM

His first wife,Emanuela de Dampierre died in May this year.

HereditaryPrincess 07-08-2013 05:40 PM

A book will be published in Autumn this year about Charlotte Tiedemann, Jaime's second wife. It is written by Yvan de Wilde and edited by Nicole Dubus Vaillant. If I have read the article about the book correctly, it covers her childhood in East Prussia and her career as a model and actress. It also covers her life with the Duke of Segovia.

More information about the book and author can be found in this article from Noblesse & Royutes:

Google Translate

An Ard Ri 07-08-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1572904)
A book will be published in Autumn this year which is about Charlotte Tiedemann, Jaime's second wife. It is written by Yvan de Wilde and Nicole Dubus Vaillant. If I have read the article about the book correctly, it covers her childhood in East Prussia and her career as a model and actress. It also covers her life with the Duke of Segovia.

More information in this article from Noblesse & Royutes:

Google Translate

Sounds interesting,I wonder will we get an English version!

HereditaryPrincess 07-08-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1572905)
Sounds interesting,I wonder will we get an English version!

I agree, it sounds like an interesting read. :smile:

I'm not sure if there will be an English version of the book, but I hope so!

maria-olivia 07-09-2013 05:15 AM

A read the article also in Noblesse et Royautés.
I did not know she was so popular and an important Duchess and makes the Duke happy. I did now either the troubles they had with the Duke two Sons .
I don' have pictures about Alfonso and Carmen's wedding but I am sure Emmanuelle de Dampierre stole the show.
Nice Idea i to start a thread about Jaime and Charlotte Duke and Duchess of Segovie.

An Ard Ri 07-09-2013 05:58 AM

Wedding of HRH Infante Jaime of Spain, Duke of Segovia and Victoire Jeanne Joséphine Pierre Marie Emmanuelle (Emanuela) de Dampierre in Rome, on 4 March 1935.

Infante Don Jaime Married In Rome - YouTube

HereditaryPrincess 12-02-2013 02:59 PM

Another book will be published about Charlotte Tiedemann, Infante Jaime's second wife. The book has been written by the same author who wrote the previous book about Charlotte and Jaime: "Don Jaime et Charlotte de Bourbon duc et duchess de Segoive". The latest book is called "A l'ombre du trone d'Espagne Charlotte de Bourbon duchesse of Segovie":

Livre «*A l’ombre du trône d’Espagne. Charlotte de Bourbon, duchesse de Ségovie*» | Noblesse & Royautés

An Ard Ri 12-02-2013 03:33 PM

Sounds interesting,I know very little about Charlotte Luise Auguste Tiedemann other than she died in 1979!

HereditaryPrincess 12-02-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1622621)
Sounds interesting,I know very little about Charlotte Luise Auguste Tiedemann other than she died in 1979!

I agree, the book does sound interesting and I too would like to learn more about her. I know that she's an actress/signer and that she originally came from Innsbruck (a lovely town in Austria) and that her parents were called Otto and Luise. Here are a couple of pages with information about Charlotte:

- Person Page 10329
<strong>La tragedia de Don Jaime de Borbón (II)</strong> - El Manifiesto