The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Diamond Jubilee 2012 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f273/)
-   -   Broadcast Times (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f273/broadcast-times-33161.html)

ghost_night554 05-16-2012 01:13 AM

I guess this goes here I dunno
ABC News Celebrates Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee with Unprecedented Access to the Royal Family and Celebration Concert - ABC News

I'm really confused right now is Yahoo streaming the full thing and ABC is only going to air a 2 hour special? I just want to know where I can watch the full thing here in Canada/US

So checked TV guide they are airing on ABC a condensed version of the concert the day after on June 5th. I have no clue about Yahoo.

Daria_S 05-16-2012 01:19 AM

Is Yahoo planning to stream the whole concert, or all the Jubilee celebrations? As for ABC, I think if this is going to be aired during prime time, the slot may be of a certain duration due to nightly news at eleven at night. If it's aired during the day (like the Concert for Diana and the Golden Jubilee Concert), then there's no reason to not have full coverage (with the annoying commercial breaks of course :bang:). It would be nice to know exactly what they're planning to do, because like you, I want to be able to watch as much of the Jubilee as I possibly can.

MagMil 05-17-2012 09:26 AM

BBC - Media Centre - BBC programming for The Queen's Diamond Jubilee

Daria_S 05-22-2012 09:56 PM

I agree with you. This is a huge occasion and it's lovely to see so many people supporting it and wanting to show their appreciation and respect for Her Majesty. I've heard that at the time of the wedding last year, there were various events going on even in New York City. Wonder if something will be done for the Jubilee (though I highly doubt it). In any case, it's great to see people get excited. Sixty years of devoted service to one's country and Commonwealth is definitely something to celebrate.

ghost_night554 05-23-2012 02:37 AM

Ok I just checked my tv guide and to those who catch ABC the Jubilee concert will air June 5th from 7-10pm Now as for ABC/Yahoo streaming it I have yet to find anything BUT for those outside the UK if you go to tvpc.com and go to BBC 1 you should be able to watch it on that day.

Princess Victoria 05-23-2012 03:42 PM

Hello all. Just read on the CNN ticker that they will be live in London, June 3 at 11am EST for 'Elizabeth's 60 years as Queen'

ghost_night554 05-25-2012 03:57 AM

So far in terms of times this is what I've figured out:

June 3rd: The Thames River Pageant begins at around 3pm(officially listed as 2:30pm/2:40pm) till around 6pm though it's listed till 5:15pm-5:30pm but I'd say give or take

It would therefore be 6:40am/7:00am PST till about 9:30am/10:00am PST
It would be 9:40am/10:00am EST till about 12:30pm/1PM EST

June 4th
: The BBC Concert begins at 7:30pm/8:00pm. Officially it's listed as mid evening till 10:30-10:45 PM Uk Time
It would be 9:30am/10:00am PST till about 2:45pm PST
It would be 12:30PM/1PM EST till about 5:45 PM EST

June 5th: The Thanksgiving Service and procession/flypast is listed as beginning at around 10:00am UK time till about 11am The Procession then begins at around 2:00PM and flypast is listed at 3:00pm UK Time
It would be 2:00am PST PST till about 3:00am PST. The Procession would be at 6:00am PST and Flypast at 7:00am PST
It would be 5:00am EST till about 6:00am EST. The Procession would be at 9:00am EST and Flypast at 10:00am EST

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/central-weekend

I know the link gives exact times but I've rounded them off since sometimes things don't always start at the exact time that's planned.

Oh and letting everyone know my times may not be 100% correct. I gathered them from as many different places as I could find, since many of these events are being kept hush in terms of the times for now.

msleiman 05-25-2012 08:36 AM

Does anyone know if any American channels will carry the concert live?

Tsar bobo Iv 05-25-2012 09:20 AM

i hope this will air in america ever since the wedding I've been hooked on the royals m so happy she is a wonderful queen

ghost_night554 05-25-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msleiman (Post 1418917)
Does anyone know if any American channels will carry the concert live?

It won't be aired live but ABC will air parts of it the next day from 7pm-10pm

soapstar 05-26-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Victoria (Post 1418023)
Hello all. Just read on the CNN ticker that they will be live in London, June 3 at 11am EST for 'Elizabeth's 60 years as Queen'

Yep, I read that too. They will be covering both the Thames River Pageant and the Carriage procession.

Quote:

CNN’s live simulcast coverage begins on Sunday, June 3, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. (ET) on location at the Tower Bridge for the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant.

On Tuesday, June 5, from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. (ET), CNN will broadcast the Royal Carriage Procession.
CNN To Provide Global, Multi-Platform Coverage of the Diamond Jubilee – CNN Press Room - CNN.com Blogs

chelly 05-26-2012 12:25 AM

ABC is covering the concert. BBCA is airing a documentary (Diamond Queen) hosted by Andrew Marr. (6/3 according to my tv). According to BBCA they will be doing quite a bit of programing on the third and fifth.

ghost_night554 05-26-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1419325)
Yep, I read that too. They will be covering both the Thames River Pageant and the Carriage procession.

CNN To Provide Global, Multi-Platform Coverage of the Diamond Jubilee – CNN Press Room - CNN.com Blogs

11am to 1pm EST? How is that possible if I've done the math correctly the pageant starts at 2:30pm UK time which would be 9:30am EST so they must be on tape delay.
Quote:

14:30GMT – The Queen embarks the Royal barge, the Spirit of Chartwell, near Albert Bridge
16:15GMT – The Royal Barge comes alongside HMS President (Royal Naval Reserve Unit), near Tower Bridge

The carriage procession SHOULD be live because it does start at 2pm uk time which is 9am EST
Quote:

14:20GMT – Carriage Procession from Westminster Hall to Buckingham Palace commences

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1419350)
Thank you for the information!. Hopefully this will be streamed online too.

I know ABC/Yahoo will have the concert CNN.com will have the Thames River Pageant and Procession/Flypast and also if you go to tvpc.com you can watch BBC One which I'm sure will cover all the events.

DukeOfAster 05-26-2012 04:59 PM

Found on BBC here in the states that the celebration begins at 9am and goes to 1pm eastern standard time. That is on the east coast and i live near the district of Columbia in Washington, DC.

Lumutqueen 05-26-2012 06:09 PM

^^^^^^^^
Now I'm confused. If the celebration starts on BBC uk at 9am on tuesday 5th, then it can't start at 9am EST in the US. Or can it?

chelly 05-26-2012 06:32 PM

I don't know about that but it starts at 3am for Arizona but we don't change our clocks. But I think we are 3 hours behind the east
coast.

We are not getting all of those programs listed. We are getting the The Diamond Jubilee Thames Pageant, Service Of Thanksgiving And Royal Procession, Diamond Jubilee Concert, All The Queen’s Horses and the Diamond Queen (the documentary). Unless I am misreading the schedule you listed Lumutqueen

Iluvbertie 05-26-2012 07:27 PM

All I know is that as I have to go to work on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday here in Australia by 8.00 a.m. I will be asleep for most of this as it is happening during the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights here - the 9.00 a.m. stuff in London will be ok to watch at night her but the afternoon and evening events I will be asleep.

Does anyone know if anything is planned here in Australia for the Queen's Birthday weekend - the following weekend. I have not been able to find anything that we are doing in celebration of this event. I know Charles and Camilla are due in November but I am talking about the upcoming Queen's Birthday weekend here - 9th - 11th June.

ghost_night554 05-26-2012 09:49 PM

BBC Canada is also airing the Thames River Pageant and Thanksgiving Service as well as BBC America. Neither of them have the concert though that's exclusively to BBC One. The concert is 3 hours essentially and the ABC program the next day is also 3 hours but I think unlike BBC One they will cut to commercials which will sadly lead it to be shorter.

Daria_S 05-26-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554 (Post 1419680)
BBC Canada is also airing the Thames River Pageant and Thanksgiving Service as well as BBC America. Neither of them have the concert though that's exclusively to BBC One. The concert is 3 hours essentially and the ABC program the next day is also 3 hours but I think unlike BBC One they will cut to commercials which will sadly lead it to be shorter.

I'm hoping for a live stream of the concert from somewhere. It would be a shame to miss it, since there are some really great artists performing (well, OK, so the only one I'm interested in seeing is Dame Shirley Bassey, but still).

Queen Penelope 05-26-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554

CBC will be airing the concert. 4pm-7pm, 5pm-8pm or 6pm-9pm (mountain time :) ) depending which CBC channel you want to watch!!