The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f184/)
-   -   Who is Queen Sofia? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f184/who-is-queen-sofia-33095.html)

Queen Sofia fan 05-22-2012 02:37 PM

Who is Queen Sofia?

Hi I am new on this blog but so far I just love it :-)
I have been reading up on this wonderful Queen Sofia of Spain and I get more and more impressed with this strong woman.
Can anyone tell me a little about her!
I was very surprised to read that she smokes !! She seams so healthy and keeps herself in great shape.
My heart goes out to her these days !!
If any knows any good English books about her ...... Keep me posted pl

Queen Sofia fan 07-06-2012 07:28 PM

Does anyone know where the Queens sister, Princess Irene lives ?
Does she live at the Zarzuela palace ?

COUNTESS 07-06-2012 08:26 PM

Queen Sofia is a "Greek Princess". Her father was King Paul and her mother Queen Frederika of Hanover. She is a second cousin to Prince Charles. She was born in Greece, but is from the Sonderburg-Glucksburg etc dynasty. She is a decendant of Queen Victoria. The Greek Royals are mostly Danish and German. She is a lovely woman.

scooter 07-06-2012 09:04 PM

Also a lady who can bite her tongue in spite of all provocation from her spouse this year.

Alondra 07-07-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Sofia fan (Post 1439019)

Supposedly she shares her time between India, Spain and England. It's well known that QS considers Irene her best friend - Irene is apparently a remarkably interesting woman with an electic personality and a wide range of interests.

Hope this helped.

Alondra 07-07-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 1439037)
Also a lady who can bite her tongue in spite of all provocation from her spouse this year.

Aside from the fact that JC went shooting elephants, a mistake he won't be making ever again considering the backlash in Spain, QS keeps doing what she's always done - smile and say nothing in respect to their marriage. It's been dead for more than a decade.

Queen Sofia fan 07-07-2012 04:10 AM

Would she still stay married to him IF Felipe tok over ?

Alondra 07-07-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Sofia fan (Post 1439085)
Would she still stay married to him IF Felipe tok over ?

Queen Sofia strongly believes in a traditional monarchy’s natural progression, this means that Felipe will be King upon JC's death.

An Ard Ri 07-07-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Sofia fan (Post 1439019)

Princess Irene resides at the Zarzuela palace when she's in Spain.

Queen Sofia fan 07-07-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri

Princess Irene resides at the Zarzuela palace when she's in Spain.

I read that QS has her own apartment at the Zarzuela palace so I guess Princess Irene stays close to her
I have not seen Princess Irene in Palma with the rest of the family, I guess she dose not go on vacation with the RF

An Ard Ri 07-07-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Sofia fan (Post 1439111)
I read that QS has her own apartment at the Zarzuela palace so I guess Princess Irene stays close to her
I have not seen Princess Irene in Palma with the rest of the family, I guess she dose not go on vacation with the RF

Technically Princess Irene is not part of the Spanish Royal Family,she does attend events with her sister Queen Sofia from time to time.

I'm not sure if Princess Irene has gone to Mallorca for the annual summer holiday,she may well have in the past.

Alondra 07-07-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1439117)
Technically Princess Irene is not part of the Spanish Royal Family,she does attend events with her sister Queen Sofia from time to time.

I'm not sure if Princess Irene has gone to Mallorca for the annual summer holiday,she may well have in the past.

An Ard Ri, princess Irene is not part of the SRF at all. As members of the RF got older, some relationships have become firmer. Queen Sofia loves her sister and Irene loves being with her family...in the background.

Irene is such an interesting character. She has the spirit of a hippie, with an extraordinarily sense of discretion. She is also one who doesn't care much for royal protocol at all.

Interesting woman.

An Ard Ri 07-07-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alondra (Post 1439128)
An Ard Ri, princess Irene is not part of the SRF at all. As members of the RF got older, some relationships have become firmer. Queen Sofia loves her sister and Irene loves being with her family...in the background.

Irene is such an interesting character. She has the spirit of a hippie, with an extraordinarily sense of discretion. She is also one who doesn't care much for royal protocol at all.

Interesting woman.

I agree,Irene is a very interesting and charismatic Lady.

Queen Sofia fan 07-07-2012 08:47 AM

Does the Queen plan to go to Palma this year ?

Alondra 07-07-2012 08:54 AM

Unless she's dead before the 1st of August, yup she'll be there. :rofl:

An Ard Ri 07-07-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Sofia fan (Post 1439143)
Does the Queen plan to go to Palma this year ?

See this thread regarding Summer Holidays 2012

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2-a-33265.html

Queen Sofia fan 07-07-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alondra
Unless she's dead before the 1st of August, yup she'll be there. :rofl:

He he so I take it vacation in Palma starts aug 1 :-)
Thank you for the information!

Queen Sofia fan 10-12-2012 02:08 AM

Does anyone know if Queen Sofia is attending the royal wedding in Luxembourg ?

Lumutqueen 10-12-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Sofia fan
Does anyone know if Queen Sofia is attending the royal wedding in Luxembourg ?

She won't. Felipe and Letizia were confirmed to attend yesterday.

Rachel Marie 11-16-2012 01:40 AM

I was very impressed with the Queen, her complete amiability, seeming deep, genuine concern for others carried with true dignity. I was so sorry to learn of her marital difficulties. God keep her!