The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Fashion (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   Princesses of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/princesses-of-luxembourg-fashion-and-style-part-2-may-2012-a-33080.html)

iceflower 05-21-2012 02:22 AM

Princesses of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 -

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for the Fashion and Style of the Princesses of Luxembourg!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princesses of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2004 - May 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Lumutqueen 05-22-2012 06:43 AM

Does Stephanie fit in here? I thought she had her own thread. Anyway from Estelle's christening;
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...12%20Stockholm

rubies 05-22-2012 06:49 AM

I think she looks just beautiful. It doesn't hurt to have a dashing man on your arm. whew hes handsome!

iceflower 05-22-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1416769)
Does Stephanie fit in here? I thought she had her own thread. Anyway from Estelle's christening;
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...12%20Stockholm

She does fit in here - the threads have been merged! :flowers:

I like what she wore today, the dress is quite short, but she's still young enough for wearing short ;) Here are two more pics:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

ricarda 05-22-2012 07:09 AM

The outfit was neither bad nor great.
But I say it again: She has an unelegant way of walking/moving.

rominet09 05-22-2012 07:11 AM

Very nicely dressed, beautiful couple, glad to see her again !

kathl29 05-22-2012 07:26 AM

Love the colour and was elegant but for me it needed to be another inch longer. The skirt is not ending on the most flattering part of her leg.

Artemisia 05-22-2012 08:32 AM

I may be in minority, but I really detest what she is wearing. The dress is too short for such an event, the jacket doesn't add anything to to the look and is pretty ugly, and the hat and heels aren't the best choices either. On a more positive note, great hairstyle and makeup.

dbarn67 05-22-2012 08:38 AM

My pet peeve is, and this includes Martha Louise, Maxima and Madeleine, if your heels are so high the change your walk substantially then wear lower heels. Stacked heels are the culprits on this front. Theys detract from what these ladies were wearing. Stephanie looks okay (not great). I thought the dress could be an inch or 2 longer too. Hated the hat; it look like a pile of laundry on her head. Againt, when watching the live broadcast all I could see was her (those other ladies) clomping around on shoes that she's clearly isn't used to that high a heel. Mary generaly wears a high heel but not a stack.

cmbruno 05-22-2012 08:45 AM

Stephanie looks good and she belongs among the royals.

dazzling 05-22-2012 08:47 AM

She looked good but the coat looks a size too small especially from the arms.

princess gertrude 05-22-2012 09:00 AM

I have so say this...no matter what your age, this dress is too short for this occassion. If the dress had been longer (to the knee) the jacket would have looked much better. The way it is the jacket looks like an afterthought and doesn't do well with the dress. The colors are nice on her. Too bad, especially on your first "outing".

ANNIE_S 05-22-2012 09:06 AM

Wow, I hadnīt seen Stephanie until now, and I have to say sheīs one of my favourites from the Christening! She looks beutiful, so different from the engagement!
I usually donīt mind short dresses on royals for some official events, if you can show your legs why shouldnīt you? And she obviusly looks good in it and have an age that allows that, but maybe for a religious event is a bit short.
Anyway I love it, the coat and the hat. Iīm not sure about the shoes, though.

maria-olivia 05-22-2012 09:20 AM

They will be great Heditary Grand Dukes. Stephanie needs some advices but she will do it perfectly.

Tyger 05-22-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNIE_S (Post 1416956)
Wow, I hadnīt seen Stephanie until now, and I have to say sheīs one of my favourites from the Christening! She looks beutiful, so different from the engagement!
I usually donīt mind short dresses on royals for some official events, if you can show your legs why shouldnīt you? And she obviusly looks good in it and have an age that allows that, but maybe for a religious event is a bit short.
Anyway I love it, the coat and the hat. Iīm not sure about the shoes, though.

What a lovely thing to say - and since I haven't seen the christening or the other ladies - I am glad to hear your assessment. I, too, think she looks beautiful - and again, there is something about her - a sweetness - that shimmers through - I hardly notice her clothes. I have no problem with her ensemble - its youthful and suits her and her age.

Nice Picture

She does have terrific legs! ;)

Mirabel 05-22-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess gertrude (Post 1416952)
I have so say this...no matter what your age, this dress is too short for this occassion. If the dress had been longer (to the knee) the jacket would have looked much better. The way it is the jacket looks like an afterthought and doesn't do well with the dress. The colors are nice on her. Too bad, especially on your first "outing".

I agree.
Still, it wasn't a major disaster; some of the other women present looked much worse.

4Pam 05-22-2012 09:42 AM

I thought she looked nice. I'm sure it was a pretty nerve racking appearance for her but she looked great.

Lindy 05-22-2012 10:22 AM

I agree that the dress is inappropriately short for this ocassion. If it were a bit longer, the gray jacket and white dress would be in better proportion. The gray hat is a hand-me-down which Maria Teresa wore on National Day in 2010. Stephanie, future Crown Princess, deserves her own age-appropriate hats.

Baroness of Books 05-22-2012 10:29 AM

I didn't like the style of the coat and the crimped hat, and even though she's got great legs, for a church occasion the length should have been longer. I do like her hair in the chignon and her makeup is lovely and soft.

Seraphine 05-22-2012 11:19 AM

Her skirt was too short but the rest was okay. I missed her smile.