Blanche of Artois (1248-1302)
Blanche of Artois (1248-1302) died on this day in 1302.
Blanche was a French Princess,the grandchild of Louis VIII and Blanche of Castile.In 1269 she was married to Theobold I of Navarre and after his death she ruled Navarre as Regent for their only surviving child,Jeanne Ier de Navarre.Queen Blanche later married into the English Royal Family,in 1276 she married Edmund Crouchback, 1st Earl of Leicester and Lancaster,a younger so of Henry III of England.Blanche of Artois died near London on May 2nd,1302 and was buried at the Minoresses Convent, Aldgate, London.
Blanche of Artois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Blance of Artois was a very interesting woman. A French Princess by birth and English Princess by marriage, she is also a direct ancestress of the present Queen:
- Blanche of Artois
- Henry, 3rd Earl of Lancaster
- Maud of Lancaster
- Elizabeth de Burgh, 4th Countess of Ulster
- Philippa, 5th Countess of Ulster
- Roger Mortimer, 4th Earl of March
- Anne de Mortimer (through whom the House of York claimed the Throne during the War of Roses)
- Richard Plantagenet, 3rd Duke of York
- Edward IV of England
- Elizabeth of York
- Margaret Tudor
- James V of Scotland
- Mary, Queen of Scots
- James I of England and VI of Scotland
- Elizabeth of Bohemia
- Sophia, Electress of Hanover
- George I of Great Britain
- George II of Great Britain
- Frederick, Prince of Wales
- George III of the United Kingdom
- Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn
- Queen Victoria
- Edward VII of the United Kingdom
- George V of the United Kingdom
- George VI of the United Kingdom
- Queen Elizabeth II
That's just one of the lines, mind you; there are at least five different lines through Queen Elizabeth's maternal and paternal sides.
Thanks for posting her line,makes her even more of interest.
Who is the author of Le Miroir de l'Ame, which was dedicated to Blanche? :writing:
The Miroir de l’âme, a work by a Cistercian nun, was dedicated to Blanche of Castile ,Queen and Regent of France.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015