The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Duchess of Cambridge current events 2: 1 February 2012 - 5 January 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/duchess-of-cambridge-current-events-2-1-february-2012-5-january-2013-a-32547.html)

Zonk 02-01-2012 05:45 PM

Duchess of Cambridge current events 2: 1 February 2012 - 5 January 2013

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...s300x215-1.png

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to the Duchess of Cambridge
current events thread #2

1 February 2012 - 5 January 2013

The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events #1, covering the period 29 April 2011 to January 2012 can be found http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-30832-52.html .

Topics related to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can be found in the royal wedding subforum.

XeniaCasaraghi 02-01-2012 06:36 PM

Her coat of arms looks the same as every coat of arms I have seen. I have no eye for details.

PrincePatrick 02-01-2012 07:26 PM

You can find tons of information on TRF about coats of arms, but yea it's just a combination of her coat of arms and williams...you can note the Prince of Wales' coronet (I think) with some other embellishments, which lets you know that she's married to someone in that line of succession.

To make this post SOMEWHAT relevant to this thread, I'll add the question, was she able to see William off, or is she still in Mustique with her family?

regardez 02-01-2012 07:48 PM

She left too. If you look in the Duke & Duchess thread I posted a link to pictures of them boarding the plane.

Russophile 02-01-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi (Post 1366090)
Her coat of arms looks the same as every coat of arms I have seen. I have no eye for details.

There was a big article about her coat of arms before they married (and can you believe it's almost been a year????) that the acorns represented the 3 Middleton offspring. I thought it rather cool and that Catherine was able to incorporate it into the Windsor arms.

soapstar 02-02-2012 12:36 PM

Kate will undertake her first two solo engagements on February 8th and 14th. On the 8th she'll visit an exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery and on the 14th she'll visit the Ronald McDonald House and The Brink (an alcohol free cafe bar linked to Action on Addiction).

Quote:

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

On wed 8th The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the National Portrait Gallery's Lucian Freud Portraits exhibition

33 minutes ago
Quote:

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

on Feb 14th The Duchess of Cambridge will undertake engagements in Liverpool

36 minutes ago

principessa 02-02-2012 04:13 PM

Just for info: Today I got a thankyou card for my greetings for her 30th birthday. It's a nice photo in it and at the backside is the thankyou-text.

regardez 02-02-2012 05:00 PM

That's neat principessa, what photo of her was it?

I think it's great that she'll be doing something Valentine's Day.

principessa 02-02-2012 05:16 PM

This is the picture:

http://fashionison.com/wp-content/up...ambridge1.jpeg

cinrit 02-02-2012 07:40 PM

:previous: Very nice, principessa. How very cool that you got a thank-you! :smile:

PrincessKaimi 02-02-2012 08:09 PM

Kate was at a charity today, as well (Action on Addiction). William was not there, of course. I'm not sure what counts as a "solo engagement," but it sounds as if this is something where she was the only royal involved. It was not a public event.

Kate keeps busy on William's first day in the Falklands

Daria_S 02-02-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1366362)
Just for info: Today I got a thankyou card for my greetings for her 30th birthday. It's a nice photo in it and at the backside is the thankyou-text.

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1366390)

Thank you for sharing that. What a great keepsake to have :biggrin:.

Another article on Catherine's solo engagements this month. I'm looking forward to seeing her in action without her husband. We'll get to see a little bit more of what she's like officially when William is not there, and she's front and center. The engagements are up her alley, so that should be very helpful in keeping her as nerves-free as possible.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William arrives in Falklands as Kate's first solo duties revealed

Baroness of Books 02-02-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1366390)

Lovely photo; what a nice thank you and memento! She's wearing the Canadian maple leaf brooch and red suit from the Canada tour so this may have been taken at that time.

Duchess of Durham 02-02-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1366362)

Yay for you.

Perhaps I'll invite the Duke and Duchess to my wedding - which will be much less grander but tons of fun all the same. I don't want a gift from them, but something like what you got, princepessa, would be a wonderful.

sheikah deena 02-02-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi (Post 1366438)
Kate was at a charity today, as well (Action on Addiction). William was not there, of course. I'm not sure what counts as a "solo engagement," but it sounds as if this is something where she was the only royal involved. It was not a public event.

Kate keeps busy on William's first day in the Falklands

very nice , prince william look so nice :flowers:

ghost_night554 02-03-2012 03:01 AM

Duchess of Cambridge meets recovering addicts on secret visit to treatment centre - Telegraph

Lady Ann 02-03-2012 10:10 AM

Kate Middleton goes solo: Duchess of Cambridge will spend Valentine's Day in Liverpool without William | Mail Online

Lenora 02-04-2012 08:42 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge is being offered the perfect preparation for her life as a working Royal – a series of ‘training sessions’ with the Queen.
Kate will take on a handful of solo engagements while Prince William is absent.

Read more: KATIE NICHOLL: Duchess of Cambridge now ready to go solo - thanks to tips from the Queen | Mail Online

sheikah deena 02-04-2012 09:56 PM

Ooh she’s seem very good person very Nice to heard another royals members care that much about charity things :flowers:

Daria_S 02-04-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenora (Post 1367068)
The Duchess of Cambridge is being offered the perfect preparation for her life as a working Royal – a series of ‘training sessions’ with the Queen.
Kate will take on a handful of solo engagements while Prince William is absent.

Read more: KATIE NICHOLL: Duchess of Cambridge now ready to go solo - thanks to tips from the Queen | Mail Online

Not at all surprising. Her Majesty is a good teacher for this sort of thing. She has been doing it for sixty years after all :biggrin:.