The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   Danish Crown Princely Couple Visit Brussels: January 26, 2012 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/danish-crown-princely-couple-visit-brussels-january-26-2012-a-32525.html)

dazzling 01-26-2012 10:58 AM

Danish Crown Princely Couple Visit Brussels: January 26, 2012

Official announcement from kongehuset.dk

Quote:

TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess visit the EU Council's Justus Lipsius Building in Brussels and participate in official opening concert on the occasion of Denmark's takeover of EU presidency pm. 16.45.

Thursday, 26 January 2012 marked the official in Brussels that Denmark has assumed the presidency of the European Union.

Crown Princess is present at the opening concert, which also has the participation of the Belgian Crown-Prince Couple.

At the concert entertains DR Big Band accompanied by vocal soloist Sinne Eeg and trumpet soloist Gerard Presencer. Europe Minister Nicolai Wammen welcome.

Royal Couple will earlier in the day also inspect the artistic decoration in the Justus Lipsius Council building, as chairman of the country traditionally decorates a six-month period. The Danish decoration presents a mix of established design icons and works of the younger generation of Danish artists.

Lumutqueen 01-26-2012 11:09 AM

Isn't this event happening like right now?

dazzling 01-26-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1363533)
Isn't this event happening like right now?

Yes it is.
Here is the first picture from CPMB

stephanievl 01-26-2012 01:03 PM

Looking forward to the pics of the concert tonight with Philippe, Mathilde, frederik, and Mary.

dazzling 01-26-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1363586)
Looking forward to the pics of the concert tonight with Philippe, Mathilde, frederik, and Mary.

Yes can't wait. Is this the second official visit (not birthday event) the couple attend in Belgium?

Visit of Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark : President Herman Van Rompuy with HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark 26-01-2012 - Brussels, Belgium - Picture Gallery

ashelen 01-26-2012 02:16 PM

Didn't the Crown Couple had their own website? or is on the Queen website now? I thought their information aboutthistrip would bethere or am i confused?

Muhler 01-26-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1363596)
Yes can't wait. Is this the second official visit (not birthday event) the couple attend in Belgium?

Visit of Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark : President Herman Van Rompuy with HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark 26-01-2012 - Brussels, Belgium - Picture Gallery

Thank you, Dazzling :flowers:

The man standing next to Mary is the Minister for Europe, Nikolai Wammen.
- He may be worth keeping an eye on. As future PM in Denmark or a high ranking position within the EU.

dazzling 01-26-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1363615)
Didn't the Crown Couple had their own website? or is on the Queen website now? I thought their information aboutthistrip would bethere or am i confused?

Its linked to the main website now.

iceflower 01-26-2012 03:27 PM

Here are the first picture galleries of the concert this evening:

** ppe gallery ** belga gallery ** isopix gallery **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** AP/daylife gallery **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Crown Prince Frederik Of Denmark And Princess Mary Of Denmark Attend Concert.. **

Fanvanmaxima 01-26-2012 03:40 PM

What a boring appearance of Mary in Belgium today.

Roskilde 01-26-2012 03:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sweet picture :)

AnnaNotherThing 01-26-2012 03:45 PM

I don't think it is boring so much...It looks like the dress requirement, Mathilde is wearing something similar, in terms of length, fabric, but Mary just chose to wear a frock-coat over her dress which might be more suited to a daytime event and not a evening concert?

Patra 01-26-2012 03:56 PM

They all seem very close as far as Royalty is concerned.

Archduchess Zelia 01-26-2012 04:00 PM

I love that picture of Mathilde and Mary hugging. They must be really good friends, also since Mathilde is Isabella's godmother. This is so sudden, I didn't have the slightest idea that they were going down there.

stephanievl 01-26-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia (Post 1363665)
I love that picture of Mathilde and Mary hugging. They must be really good friends, also since Mathilde is Isabella's godmother. This is so sudden, I didn't have the slightest idea that they were going down there.

It was already announced several weeks ago on the websites of both couples. If you didn't knew it must be a very nice suprise :flowers:

stephanievl 01-26-2012 04:12 PM

Love this picture of PPE

Archduchess Zelia 01-26-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanievl (Post 1363666)
It was already announced several weeks ago on the websites of both couples. If you didn't knew it must be a very nice suprise :flowers:

Oh, I'm so slow then (the story of my life). :tongue: Thank you for clearing that out :flowers:

iceflower 01-27-2012 02:47 AM

Two videos from yesterday can be found here:

** nyhederne.tv2.dk: Kronprinseparret til festkoncert **

** tvnewsroom.consilium.europa.eu: Visits to Herman Van Rompuy **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** svenksdam.se: Mary och Frederik hälsade på hos Mathilde och Philippe ** translation **

** dpp: Frederik and Mary and Filip and Mathilde attend concert to mark the Danish presidency of the EU **

** sn.dk gallery: Mary og Frederik markerede dansk EU-formandskab **

** hola: Federico y Mary de Dinamarca, junto a Felipe y Matilde de Bélgica, disfrutan de una noche a ritmo de jazz **

** purepeople: Les princesses Mary et Mathilde, superbement complices, font rire leurs maris **

** hellomagazine: Mary, princess of hugs, gives Mathilde and Mette-Marit a warm welcome **

dazzling 01-27-2012 04:00 AM

I would've thought that Mary would be in a more cocktail outfit for this event but nevertheless she looked great minus the hair. Mathilde looked ok. In some pictures which was quite sweet, Mary & Mathilde had a good giggle laugh.
Thank you for all the pictures & videos.

fairy tale 01-27-2012 06:57 AM

more picture galleries
CONSILIUM - Photographic Library