The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of Malaysia (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f229/)
-   -   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Malaysia, September 13-15, 2012 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f229/the-duke-and-duchess-of-cambridge-visit-to-malaysia-september-13-15-2012-a-32266.html)

wbenson 12-15-2011 08:05 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Malaysia, September 13-15, 2012

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Malaysia in 2012.
Further details will be released later.

wbenson 12-15-2011 08:06 PM

This thread will be opened when we get closer to the visit.

JessRulz 07-25-2012 08:37 AM

From the Clarence House Twitter:

Quote:

The Duke and Duchess will visit Malaysia, including Kuala Lumpur and Sabah, Borneo, from Thurs 13th to Sat 15th September

dazzling 07-25-2012 10:09 AM

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to tour Borneo rain forests
telegraph.co.uk

Daria_S 08-14-2012 01:48 PM

This needs to be moved to the thread dealing with the upcoming Jubilee Tour:

Prince William and his wife to visit Sabah | Daily Express Newspaper Online, Sabah, Malaysia.

Daria_S 08-30-2012 04:24 PM

This'll more than likely be moved to the thread dealing with the upcoming tour:
Kate to make first speech as Duchess of Cambridge - UK - Scotsman.com

Daria_S 09-09-2012 10:08 PM

Will have to be moved to the thread dealing with the tour:

Duchess puts terminally ill patients at heart of tour - Telegraph

I feel that Catherine is going to be a very passionate advocate for this particular cause, not just at home, but abroad too, as is article indicates. Sure, she could have chosen something a little more 'glamourous', but instead, she goes where she can do most amount of good. My proverbial hat goes off to this remarkable young woman, who will make so much difference in the lives of many.

roseroyal 09-10-2012 04:04 PM

Very well said Daria! Now, if she just would visit a hospice with RH....;):biggrin:

Daria_S 09-10-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1459635)
Very well said Daria! Now, if she just would visit a hospice with RH....;):biggrin:

If that ever happens, I'll be on the first flight over to wherever it is that they'll be doing this visit. It'll be such an honor to observe such magic in the flesh.

roseroyal 09-10-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1459682)
If that ever happens, I'll be on the first flight over to wherever it is that they'll be doing this visit. It'll be such an honor to observe such magic in the flesh.

Save me the seat next to you- because that it will to put it mildly!! :cool::biggrin:
Maybe they will make it a child hospice- we can help with kid duty!:biggrin:

Duchess of Durham 09-11-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1459635)

I am having a HUGE brain cramp over "RH". Who is RH?

AdmirerUS 09-11-2012 05:55 PM

I'm doing some looking ahead to Malaysia.

Royal Regalia | Malaysian Monarchy gives a peep at the crown jewels, since we are almost all hoping for a tiara kind of evening at the state dinner.

Dresses For Ceremonies And Functions | Malaysian Monarchy gives an explanation of dress for formal events. We should expect something conservative on the Duchess, black tie on the Prince and National Dress for the Malaysians.

There are few pictures of state dinners in Malaysia - so it will be interesting to see how this is handled on this particular trip. If there is a lot of coverage - this may signal a game changer for the royals of Malaysia and the press.

The Etiquette page has a few things that might make you smile as you read down. Etiquette | Malaysian Monarchy.

Finally, as there is a Tea in Malaysia, Royal High Tea In Conjunction With The Installation | Malaysian Monarchy may give us an idea of what to expect.

kathia_sophia 09-11-2012 06:53 PM

im almost sure we'll get jewels and tiara if there will be some dinner, the Brunei royals, aka: Crown Prince Billah and his wife Princess Sarah, had an official visit in Malasya and of course a Dinner or 2, they went all ''shining'', but check it out below:

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4*

perhaps a preview of what it will be if they have this lavish Dinner

AdmirerUS 09-11-2012 07:27 PM

Nice and also SERIOUS bling! Tnx for the pics. ;)

roseroyal 09-11-2012 07:43 PM

@ Daria- The Duke and Duchess will visit a special-needs school tomorrow.:biggrin: I can only imagine magic and sunshine will be on full flow.... I've always wanted to fly to Singapore, you in?:lol:
Seriously though cannot wait for photos! I better stock up on tissues!;)
And like I mentioned the Duchess is visiting a child hospice in Malaysia, wow, yeah I need to stock up!;)
P.S. This would have been the perfect royal tour to bring RH along.... just gotta say that!;):lol::biggrin:

Duchess of Durham 09-11-2012 09:21 PM

Who is RH? I've been racking my brains trying to figure that out.

Daria_S 09-11-2012 09:34 PM

Oh, sorry. We're referring to a British
actor, Robert Hardy, who like Catherine has great passion for helping those that are terminally ill.

Daria_S 09-11-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1459734)
Save me the seat next to you- because that it will to put it mildly!! :cool::biggrin:
Maybe they will make it a child hospice- we can help with kid duty!:biggrin:

Our background and personal knowledge of all things special-needs-related should be a bonus, and a good way to ensure being taken on if this were ever to happen :biggrin:.

dazzling 09-12-2012 06:10 AM

What time is todays reception/dinner?

Malaysia welcomes the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Article

hkittybaby 09-12-2012 06:21 AM

I really don't know... but maybe around 7 pm