The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 2: November 2011 - February 2012 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/the-duchess-of-cambridges-eveningwear-part-2-november-2011-february-2012-a-32114.html)

iceflower 11-11-2011 05:20 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 2: November 2011 - February 2012

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 1: June 2011 - November 2011 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

JessRulz 11-12-2011 12:33 AM

Before we even start this thread, I will remind everyone of what was posted in the Duchess of Cambridge's daytime fashion thread - and is applicable here also:

"This is a fashion thread, weight and health are no subjects for our discussion here!"

Posts discussing weight, and the weight of other royals as well, will be removed at moderator discretion.

PrincessKaimi 11-30-2011 11:01 PM

Kate in a silver evening gown..

I think I'm on the right thread: CafeMom is comparing Kate's wearing of an evening gown to Angelina Jolie wearing the same dress in a different color. CafeMom definitely likes the way Kate Middleton wears it.

Daria_S 11-30-2011 11:29 PM

I like the dress in red a little bit more, but Kate's poppy brightens the grey up. Both women look fabulous in that style.

agami.pearl 12-01-2011 08:43 AM

Red version is better because of the light material which flows around the figure. Kate's version was too heavy and too shiny.

Baroness of Books 12-01-2011 07:43 PM

I do like the red better, but I see Kate isn't sporting tattoos as a fashion accessory!:lol:

Lumutqueen 12-06-2011 04:22 PM

This evening's outfit courtesy of ghost_night,
Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge And Prince William Duke Of

Daria_S 12-06-2011 04:24 PM

Some more pictures of tonight's attire, courtesy of ghost_night.

Getty Images - Search: cambridge

A close-up.

http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/News...rtrlfour943901

I like the look. It's appropriate and classy. The jacket is elegant.

IloveCP 12-06-2011 04:27 PM

Not a fan of the dress but I love the jacket.

lancchick 12-06-2011 05:06 PM

What's so great about a black jacket? If you compare her look to Camilla's at this very same event, Kate's outfit looks straight out of daytime. She looks very ordinary. One of her worst looks by far.

Molly2101 12-06-2011 05:08 PM

I really like Catherine's dress and it's from Zara, a shop I can afford to buy from!

MARG 12-06-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1343946)
I like the look. It's appropriate and classy. The jacket is elegant.

But the dress is too short!

I see she is following the same style as Victoria. Dark hose and shoes with a very short dress. I don't mind the dark on dark for the hose and shoes as it is winter, but the skirt length is bordering on vulgar!

Now it could just be that she has very long legs . . . . but it looks a little too "Celebrity" and not enough "Royalty" to me.

Lumutqueen 12-06-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1343967)
What's so great about a black jacket? If you compare her look to Camilla's at this very same event, Kate's outfit looks straight out of daytime. She looks very ordinary. One of her worst looks by far.

Totally agree! I like the dress for me, but on Catherine it just seems boring. I don't mind the length, but that's maybe because I'm a modern girl.

agami.pearl 12-06-2011 05:27 PM

On Zara website this dress looks great, on Kate not too much. Tulip shape is gone because of the belt I think. Dark accessories are elegant but made whole look somber. I would like to see straight hair for once could be nice change for a concert. Please lay down blush girl, it's horrible.

Baroness of Books 12-06-2011 07:39 PM

I really don't see anything special about the outfit; I'd have wished for a zap of color with Kate's accessories or at least the jacket. Red would have been stunning.

Daria_S 12-06-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1344015)
I really don't see anything special about the outfit; I'd have wished for a zap of color with Kate's accessories or at least the jacket. Red would have been stunning.

And quite season-appropriate too.

MARG 12-06-2011 08:20 PM

QUOTE=lancchick;1343967]What's so great about a black jacket? If you compare her look to Camilla's at this very same event, Kate's outfit looks straight out of daytime. She looks very ordinary. One of her worst looks by far.[/QUOTE]OK, since this has been moved to the Evening wear thread, everything changes.

As an evening dress it is a total bust! Indeed the whole look was a bust, from her flloppsy hair to her street hose and shoes. I had not seen Camilla's dress when I made my first comment and I also thought it was day-wear. But, it's a bit much when a 60+ woman easily out dresses a woman less than half her age. And Camilla's outfit was age and event appropriate. Catherine's was neither!

She should keep the super short dresses for private events, parties etc. To be honest, I expect the clubbing scene girls to be seen wearing dresses that short! Catherine's dress was just a common, garden variety and somewhat boring, if overly short, dress that should never have been seen at a public engagement after 5 O'clock.

I don't think you have to spend a lot of money to achieve a stunning evening look and to be honest, Catherine just doesn't seem to be making the effort.

lancchick 12-06-2011 09:00 PM

I found some better pictures! :smile:

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/201...concert-11.jpg
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/201...concert-07.jpg

If I were Kate, I would try hard to highlight my natural beauty. What I think she's doing, is not serving her well. Dark, heavy blush and the black eyeliner day in and day out is horrible. And the long, long hair curled at the ends. Please, Kate doing something different for a change!

Mirabel 12-06-2011 09:02 PM

I like the outfit.
A common criticism is that Kate dresses too old for her age; but when she wears a short dress that is more age-appropriate, it's considered vulgar.

I would have preferred a brightly colored jacket instead of all black, but I don't see anything wrong with the ensemble. (Besides, it's something she can wear again).

blauerengel 12-06-2011 09:25 PM

The jacket is well-tailored and looked nice but her dress was just a little bit too short for this occasion.The look makes a pretty party outfit but itīs not a glamourous evening gown.(I would not call it vulgar but it was just not appropriate for the event.)