The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions and Updates (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f131/)
-   -   Hello from Kansas in the U.S. (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f131/hello-from-kansas-in-the-u-s-31988.html)

kansasmama4 10-10-2011 11:03 PM

Hello from Kansas in the U.S.

I actually joined the forum a few months ago, but never formally introduced myself.

My name is Mary and I live in Topeka, Kansas here in the heartland of the U.S. I've just started learning about the royal families of the world. I have to admit that I know relatively little about royals and royalty in general. I'm sure other Americans here on the forum would agree with me when I say that we have very few people in our country that are similar to royalty. We have our president and our elected officials, yes. But I know, at least on my part, that it seems that we hesitate to become too emotionally attached to them because they are only in office for a certain number of years. Once they're out of office, they are largely on the proverbial back burner of the public's attention.

At any rate, I am quickly becoming a fan of the Danish royal family, especially Crown Princess Mary. I look forward to meeting all of you and taking part in many interesting conversations here! :flowers:

FanofMonaco 10-10-2011 11:24 PM

Kansas, movie stars are our royalty.

Daria_S 10-10-2011 11:46 PM

Hi Mary :wave: and :welcome:. Crown Princess Mary is one of my favorite royals as well. However, I mainly focus on the British Royals.

I agree with you. Here in the States we don't have anyone that is equivalent to a royal. I think the main reason is, that royals have a certain aura and degree of class that a great deal of celebrities and politicians tend to lack. I'm personally drawn to the concept of royalty because of the tradition and splendor that comes with it. It ties a nation to its' past and binds it together as well.

Enjoy your time here. There's a great deal of very interesting information.

Dierna23 10-11-2011 12:32 AM

Hi Mary!

:welcome:

I hope you will have a great time here and I'm sure you will enjoy learning more about royal families! :flowers:

An Ard Ri 10-11-2011 04:21 AM

Hello & welcome Mary from Kansas :flowers:

Baroness of Books 10-11-2011 01:41 PM

Oh, Mary, you're going to obtain so much information here that you'll know you're not in Kansas anymore, lol! Enjoy yourself and I look forward to seeing you on the threads.

kansasmama4 10-11-2011 08:47 PM

LOL! I look forward to escaping Oz when I visit here! I told my husband that, after our children leave home for college, we need to take a trip to Denmark. I would love to see the royal palaces up close and take in the history and beauty of that country! Maybe after I become better acquainted with other royal families, I'll want to visit their countries as well!

Rhys82192 10-11-2011 10:58 PM

Hello and :welcome: :flowers: Happy posting! :D

Baroness of Books 10-12-2011 09:38 AM

Hopefully, you'll put on those ruby slippers and get that chance to travel and then come back here to regale us with your stories of royal palaces and families.:lol:

kansasmama4 10-12-2011 11:01 AM

Thanks so much! That is my hope as well!

Burzg 10-15-2011 04:17 AM

Hello :welcome: