The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   Victoria & Daniel's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex and the Name (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/victoria-and-daniels-1st-baby-guess-the-sex-and-the-name-31717.html)

Zonk 08-17-2011 10:12 AM

Victoria & Daniel's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex and the Name

With the announcement that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden are expecting their first child in March of 2012, its time to guess the sex as well as any potential names?

What do you think?

Rhys82192 08-17-2011 10:14 AM

I think it would be a Male. Is Daniel Jr. a good name for the baby?

ladybelline 08-17-2011 10:17 AM

Karl Daniel for a boy, Kristina for a girl...:flowers:

Lenora 08-17-2011 10:19 AM

I think they will have a boy,one of middle names will be Gustav

Rhys82192 08-17-2011 10:27 AM

I'm not good on naming babies, but let me share, in my opinion, if it's a boy, the name suitable for him is Carl Victor, and if it's a girl, the name suitable for her is Danielle Victoria :D

KitKat2006 08-17-2011 10:29 AM

I voted for a boy, because I already said in the announcement thread that Christian really needs a little male back up with all the future crown princesses around him.

Names? Oscar sounds nice. Or Emil. But I don't know how likely those names will be. Maybe it could be a Carl-Something name to keep on to a little tradition. So my guess for the moment would be Carl Olof. Carl from the royal families side, Olof from Daniels side. Because it's Daniels first name he doesn't use.

Zonk 08-17-2011 10:30 AM

I like Danielle Victoria...a combination of both names.

Rebafan81 08-17-2011 10:40 AM

I hope it is a boy only because Christian does need another King, but honestly I enjoy the little girls more then the little boys.
Names...hummmm
Ever since Fred and Mary threw us all for a loop when they names the twins, I am not sure what the name will be but I hope is isn't Olof or Oscar, sorry but I dont like the names very much. I will have to think about this for a while.

Rascal 08-17-2011 10:45 AM

As they recently had the anniversary of the Bernadotte dynasty and IMO it seems that during the wedding, Daniel seemed very close/affectionate with Victoria's great uncle, a new little Prince Carl Johan would honor history as well as the last surviving great grandchild of Queen Victoria.

For a female heir, a combination of her aunt's names - Margaretha Birgitta Desiree Christina - in any order would be nice, or in a nod to Daniel's sister - Anna - would also be pretty.

Rascal

kathia_sophia 08-17-2011 10:56 AM

i wish for a girl but not matter what i think, in the end it will probably be born a boy!!!

i want Desiree or Ulrika for girl. and Johan, Karl or Eric for boy!!!

blauerengel 08-17-2011 10:57 AM

I always like names with a meaning-maybe from a relative they appreciate a lot, a historical pesron,a name from a book or national legend would be nice:-)
I think the baby will have more than one name,probably a grandparent name in the middle....I am so excited,now finally people will stop gossiping about Victorias belly all the time *lol* I just hope it will be healthy and grow to be a smart,responsible,kind person later!

American Dane 08-17-2011 11:20 AM

A Swedish article guessing some names: Oscar, Louisa or Ingrid

Google Translate

I don't think Ingrid for the same reason that F&M didn't chose it as a first name: already an heir-apparent -- Ingrid Alexandra of Norway

Oscar and Louisa don't seem very kid-friendly to me, but they would make excellent monarchial/regal names:flowers:

blauerengel 08-17-2011 11:25 AM

Oscar seems a little bit odd,I had a dog with that name *lol*
...but letīs just wait and see...it is always very difficult for the parents to find the right name & probably more difficult for a royal couple who needs to respect culture/tradition and other family members wishes!

KitKat2006 08-17-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1304001)

Google Translate

I don't think Ingrid for the same reason that F&M didn't chose it as a first name: already an heir-apparent -- Ingrid Alexandra of Norway

Oscar and Louisa don't seem very kid-friendly to me, but they would make excellent monarchial/regal names:flowers:

It's different from country to country. In Germany f.e. Oscar and Louisa are currently just as modern as Josephine and Vincent (the danish twins names that were marked as old-fashioned and not kid-friendly last April). Maybe we should take a look at the swedish Top 10/10/50 names so we know what kind of names are currently very popular in Sweden. And maybe we find a match with a name in Victorias family tree.

CrownPrincess5 08-17-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane

Google Translate:

I'm not fond of either of those names. Maybe as middle names. I hope they give the baby a modern name.

crm2317 08-17-2011 11:39 AM

For a boy I think the baby may have Carl or Olafur in the name. Maybe Oscar or Frederik.

No idea for girls yet!

Princess Martine 08-17-2011 11:57 AM

I think Victoria and Daniel expect a boy.

Oscar would be a nice name. Maybe Carl Oscar. Gustav is also an option, or Carl Johan.

For girls I think Desiree or Christina would be good options.

IloveCP 08-17-2011 12:04 PM

I hope it's a girl-another Queen of Sweden!

Like I said in another thread if it's a girl it would be nice to name it, Margaret Christina Ulrika Victoria,after all the female monarchs of Sweden.

ladyfizzle101 08-17-2011 12:05 PM

I'm hope it's a boy...poor Carl Philip is outnumbered in the Swedish house hold lol. Also baby Christian does need a "partner in crime".
For a boy I'm hoping for an Erik, Axel or Oscar
For a girl I'm hoping for an Amelia ( my name and also the Latin form of Princess Madeleines middle name Amelie) Karina, or even an Alexandrina for queen Victoria. Most likely Sonia, and gustaf will be in the name

Bine221 08-17-2011 12:12 PM

No matter about the sex, as soon as the baby is healthy.
But if you would ask me for a 51% to 49%, I would vote for a boy.... after a Queen Victoria it would be nice having again a king.
Names? A Carl may be included again.
BYe Bine