The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions and Updates (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f131/)
-   -   Hello from Gracie (newbie) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f131/hello-from-gracie-newbie-31701.html)

princess-royal 08-13-2011 07:03 PM

Hello from Gracie (newbie)
 
Hello! My name is Grace (Gracie) and I live in Oxford, England. I have a massive crush on the royals and feel so proud to be part of Britain because of them. I went down to London to watch Trooping of the Colour and it was incredible, especially the balcony scene!

I LOVE HM the Queen: she's without a doubt my favourite royal and an inspiration to girls everywhere. I'm really not a fan of Charles but I don't mind Camilla. So the cheating thing was awful, but I've never been in a position where I've had to marry, or watch someone I love, marry for convenience. Princesses Anne, Beatrice and Eugenie & Zara are all awesome. I'm not keen on Andrew and really think Fergie should stop embarrassing her daughters & sort her life out. Catherine seems lovely but she's too thin and needs to get to grips with some of her fashion and hairstyles. I'll always have a soft spot for William and Harry because they're Diana's children! (And yes, I'm one of those people who thinks that Harry isn't Charles's son) :P

Anyway, hopefully I'll meet lots of other royal fans on here and we can talk about my favourite people some more!

Daria_S 08-13-2011 07:07 PM

Gracie,:welcome:.

I'm also a supporter/admirer of the House of Windsor, and found a great deal of very interesting information about them here. I've known some facts before coming here (history is one of my guilty pleasures), but I love learning new things.

Hope you enjoy your experience here.

An Ard Ri 08-13-2011 07:22 PM

Hello & welcome Gracie :flowers:

Baroness of Books 08-13-2011 09:29 PM

Hi and welcome, Gracie -

I enjoy reading about the House of Windsor myself and thought I knew a lot about them until I started reading the Forums. There's so much information here, not just about this royal house but with the others as well. So I hope you get a lot of pleasure being here and look forward to seeing you on the Forums.

Rhys82192 08-13-2011 11:12 PM

Hello and :welcome: :flowers:

roseroyal 08-13-2011 11:41 PM

Hello, and welcome from across the pond Gracie! I too admire HM. the Queen. She is my favorite after Princess Di! Were a fan of Diana? You should be proud of your Royal Family! How exciting that you saw Trooping the Color.
I sightsaw in the UK on a trip there in 08- Oxford is a lovely part of England!
I get the feeling that you and I share a lot in common! Cannot wait to chat with you!
:usaflag::britflag::TRFrules:

dazzling 08-14-2011 08:52 AM

:welcome: Grace! Glad to have you with us.

princess-royal 08-14-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal
Hello, and welcome from across the pond Gracie! I too admire HM. the Queen. She is my favorite after Princess Di! Were a fan of Diana? You should be proud of your Royal Family! How exciting that you saw Trooping the Color.
I sightsaw in the UK on a trip there in 08- Oxford is a lovely part of England!
I get the feeling that you and I share a lot in common! Cannot wait to chat with you!
:usaflag::britflag::TRFrules:

I loved Diana! :) I wish I'd been a bit older when she was alive. I was in Paris and saw the bridge under which she crashed.. it was so sad. Oxford is gorgeous! Have you been inside the Bodleian Library?

JulieS 08-15-2011 07:59 PM

Welcome ! :flowers:

roseroyal 08-20-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess-royal (Post 1302789)
I loved Diana! :) I wish I'd been a bit older when she was alive. I was in Paris and saw the bridge under which she crashed.. it was so sad. Oxford is gorgeous! Have you been inside the Bodleian Library?

No I have not. And to be honest, I am not sure we even saw Oxford!:bang:
I know that my aunt and uncle's rental home where we stayed, ( my aunt had a temporary job as the headmistress at the American School in England from 08-10- hence the reason for our trip), was in Thorpe, Surrey, which I think is relatively close to Oxford. Anyway, I seem to remember driving through Oxford on our way up to Yorkshire( I am a die- hard James Herriot fan) Either then or on our day of visiting castles near the area of Oxford and Surrey- visited so many, cannot remember the details of where they were and what their names were! But if we did see Oxford, it was a drive through tour. The countryside was lovely. Sorry if I led you astray.
On the same trip, we went to Paris, on the way to visit Versailles, we passed thru the tunnel where Di crashed- not a dry eye in the car!:sad:

fascinator 08-20-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess-royal (Post 1302390)
Hello! My name is Grace (Gracie) and I live in Oxford, England. I have a massive crush on the royals and feel so proud to be part of Britain because of them. I went down to London to watch Trooping of the Colour and it was incredible, especially the balcony scene!

I LOVE HM the Queen: she's without a doubt my favourite royal and an inspiration to girls everywhere. I'm really not a fan of Charles but I don't mind Camilla. So the cheating thing was awful, but I've never been in a position where I've had to marry, or watch someone I love, marry for convenience. Princesses Anne, Beatrice and Eugenie & Zara are all awesome. I'm not keen on Andrew and really think Fergie should stop embarrassing her daughters & sort her life out. Catherine seems lovely but she's too thin and needs to get to grips with some of her fashion and hairstyles. I'll always have a soft spot for William and Harry because they're Diana's children! (And yes, I'm one of those people who thinks that Harry isn't Charles's son) :P

Anyway, hopefully I'll meet lots of other royal fans on here and we can talk about my favourite people some more!

I love this overview :smile:

Nice to meet you!

Burzg 08-22-2011 07:32 AM

Helo :welcome: :flowers: nice avtar

Princess Luna 08-22-2011 08:15 AM

Hello Grace, nice to meet you:smile:

KittyAtlanta 08-22-2011 09:53 AM

Hi Gracie! Every new voice brings another facet to the discussions; I'm looking forward to your input.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises