The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Are you a royalist? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/are-you-a-royalist-31617.html)

Cory 07-30-2011 02:01 PM

Are you a royalist?

When we speak about ourselves maybe it is rather interesting to see the reasons we are on this Royal forums.Are we royalists?Are we just interested in royal news?
I am royalist and I believe monarchy can be restored in many countries even today.
What about you?

Lumutqueen 07-30-2011 02:04 PM

Like i've just written
A royalist supports a particular monarch as head of state for a particular kingdom, or of a particular dynastic claim.

I am a fan of particular royal houses, but i'm not a royalist.

Cory 07-30-2011 02:13 PM

A real royalist support the restoration to the Throne of all the non-reigning Royal families in the world.That's my opinion.

Lenora 07-30-2011 02:17 PM

I enjoy reading the royal news and interested in particular royal houses as well,but I am not a very supportive of any restoration,though I would be rather glad to see monarchy restorations happen in our republic era.I could have my idea on who would be the appropriate pretender to any throne,but it's rather private view.

QUEENECE29 07-30-2011 02:20 PM

Today in history and very enjoyable to follow the Royal family. Especially interested members of the Royal Family and there.

Lumutqueen 07-30-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory (Post 1294847)
A real royalist support the restoration to the Throne of all the non-reigning Royal families in the world.That's my opinion.

That's your definition, but it's not the correct one.
Royalists have allegiances to one royal family, why support something that's never going to happen?

IloveCP 07-30-2011 02:44 PM

I live in America so I don't really have an opinion in it.I am just interested in royals.

American Dane 07-30-2011 02:56 PM

Monarchist vs Royalist

I mentioned this in a different thread but it perhaps fits better here:

There are also monarchists who believe in monarchy as the best form of government regardless of the current monarch -- that would include me (though I probably count as a royalist too in regards to the Danish Royal Family). I could perhaps explain my reasons for being such but that might turn into a political topic so...

Burzg 07-30-2011 03:06 PM

i intrested in royals , i dont suport certan royal family , but i love & intrested some royal familys .
this good ? :flowers:

Mermaid1962 07-30-2011 03:14 PM

I'm strictly a constitutional monarchist. I support monarchies in democratic countries.:flowers:

American Dane 07-30-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 1294904)
I'm strictly a constitutional monarchist. I support monarchies in democratic countries.:flowers:

:previous: I'm exactly the same :smile:

Mermaid1962 07-30-2011 04:03 PM

That's why the Middle Eastern monarchies don't really interest me; same with Monaco. I'm more interested in the European monarchies, particularly the BRF; for some reason, I find the Scandinavian monarchies interesting as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1294931)
:previous: I'm exactly the same :smile:

American Dane 07-30-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 1294936)
That's why the Middle Eastern monarchies don't really interest me; same with Monaco. I'm more interested in the European monarchies, particularly the BRF; for some reason, I find the Scandinavian monarchies interesting as well.

I think the Scandinavian monarchies and the Netherlands showcase the best democracies in the world and yet to some people they are attached to an archaic institution, while there are certainly many republics that mirror the Middle Eastern countries more than people would hope. (No more on this, I promise! :lol: )
I think boards like this prove why the European monarchies plus the United Kingdom will survive and not succumb to republics. Look at the interest and participation in the "reigning" threads and the "non-reigning" threads, quite a difference isn't there? Tourism is proven to be more in monarchies (or historical monarchies like the pre-unification Italian states) than other States.

Cory 07-30-2011 04:46 PM

I am strongly monarchist and I hope one day Monarchy will return to Russia,Georgia,Romania,Greece,Serbia,Montenegro,Albania,Turkey,Austria,Germany,France,Italy,Portugal...to speak only about Europe.

Midwestern Mom 07-30-2011 04:55 PM

Hmmm well we in America got rid of the king some time ago.

That said I find monarchies very interesting because it's history ...so much of what they did is why the world is what it is today, good or bad.

Just consider what the assassination of AD Ferdinand touched off....the death of the heir to the throne led to war (more than one actually due to the fallout of the first one) and the death of, ultimately, millions of people across Europe. Amazing really.

MM

Daria_S 07-30-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 1294904)

That would be me as well (even if I live in the States).

Cory 07-30-2011 05:18 PM

Constitutional Monarchy is the most modern and most successful system of government.

Sancia 07-30-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1294943)
I think the Scandinavian monarchies and the Netherlands showcase the best democracies in the world and yet to some people they are attached to an archaic institution, while there are certainly many republics that mirror the Middle Eastern countries more than people would hope. (No more on this, I promise! :lol: )
I think boards like this prove why the European monarchies plus the United Kingdom will survive and not succumb to republics. Look at the interest and participation in the "reigning" threads and the "non-reigning" threads, quite a difference isn't there? Tourism is proven to be more in monarchies (or historical monarchies like the pre-unification Italian states) than other States.

Most of the European countries are historical monarchies, so that is maybe not a proof.

I am not a monarchist. Interested in current European monarchies and historical ones, yes, but I am not in favour of a monarchy in my country. Some good friends of mine are and it is very interesting to discuss about it, but I don't really like the monarchist ideas in France.

Al_bina 07-30-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory (Post 1294972)
I am strongly monarchist and I hope one day Monarchy will return to Russia,Georgia,Romania,Greece,Serbia,Montenegro,Albania,Turkey,Austria,Germany,France,Italy,Portugal...to speak only about Europe.

France ..? The French had revolution in 1789, Napoleonic Empire in 1804, restorations in 1814 and 1815, and again revolution in 1830. French monarchists failed to keep the restoration viable.

COUNTESS 07-30-2011 05:26 PM

I am not. They served little purpose, many were absuive. Today's, limited, constitutional monarchies are fine, for where they are. It is not the single most successful form of government. I doubt any on that long list want a return of monarchy. It is a time past.