The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Princess Royal and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f112/)
-   -   Pre-Wedding Events for Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: July 29, 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f112/pre-wedding-events-for-zara-phillips-and-mike-tindall-july-29-2011-a-31613.html)

Lumutqueen 07-29-2011 03:29 PM

How strange, that is short. DM said Zara would leave early but half eight? Wowzers.

Poolbabe 07-29-2011 03:30 PM

Can't believe the best man has a bad face from a moped crash last week,Photo galleries - Photo 8 - Early celebrations in Edinburgh as guests gather for cocktails on board Britannia

tommy100 07-29-2011 03:30 PM

bbc reporter saying "carriages at midnight" so maybe not that much of an early night

ghost_night554 07-29-2011 03:31 PM

More news about what's next for guests
Quote:

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

#royalwedding Mike Tindall likely to go elsewhere for dinner with family & friends, as couple says farewell to each other until tomorrow

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

#royalwedding Kate & William have already left pre-wedding bash - most of the royals will leave shortly for dinner at Holyrood House

Molly2101 07-29-2011 03:33 PM

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for all those dinners the Royal family have. It would be the only time where i'd like to be a servant!

I am looking forward to tomorow now, as I can't wait to see what everyone will be wearing.

MagMil 07-29-2011 03:37 PM

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Lenora 07-29-2011 03:41 PM

So,at today's events only the closest relatives of the couple have participated,as far as I haven't mentioned any other Windsors

Renata4711 07-29-2011 03:43 PM

Good job the Queen isn't joining the younger set until tomorrow morning !
Of course, she might be burning the midnight oil "doing her boxes".

Zonk 07-29-2011 03:44 PM

No Andrew, Queen or DoE?

Kind of not surprised to see the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra of Kent, and the Michael but I thought we would see their children at least.

Molly2101 07-29-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenora (Post 1294074)
So,at today's events only the closest relatives of the couple have participated,as far as I haven't mentioned any other Windsors

I was thinking that too. I didn't see Charles or Camilla either. Where they there? Andrew did not appear to be there either, yet Edward and Sophie were. I thought perhaps it was going to be for the "younger Royals", but then saw Edward and Sophie and thought otherwise.

I imagine the other Royals, such as Duke and Duchess of Gloucester etc. will be at the service tomorow. I mean really, I heard on the news 400 people (or something to that effect) are attending tomorow, and who REALLY knows that many people without a large majority of it being made up of the extended Royal family.

Marika86 07-29-2011 03:54 PM

Prince William & Kate: Yacht Party for Zara Phillips’ Wedding! | Kate Middleton, Prince Harry, Prince William : Just Jared

twirl 07-29-2011 04:14 PM

It's such a good idea to have a party on Britannia, though funny to think that they would have to book it like the rest of us when it used to belong to the royal Family!

Many nice memories, I imagine

Renata4711 07-29-2011 04:17 PM

Britannia did not belong to the Queen, in the same way that "The Queen's Flight" did not belong to her either.

twirl 07-29-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata4711 (Post 1294089)
Britannia did not belong to the Queen, in the same way that "The Queen's Flight" did not belong to her either.

True enough. it's just a tourist attraction now, it isn't at their disposal to use as they please, is what I meant. :)

ghost_night554 07-29-2011 04:27 PM

Pics of guests arriving to the dinner are up on Getty

lancchick 07-29-2011 05:40 PM

http://i55.tinypic.com/orpeeo.jpg

Oh my! I sure hope Zara chose a gown that hides those tan lines!!! Are tan lines still considered in vogue? :eek:

Baroness of Books 07-29-2011 05:46 PM

Hopefully Zara has no intention of wearing a strapless gown. Those tan lines would look awful with that style.

Fanvanmaxima 07-29-2011 05:54 PM

Don't like the lines either.

Iluvbertie 07-29-2011 06:13 PM

Thanks for the photos as all the news here has shown is the back of William and Kate arriving at the Britannia and Zara and Mike arriving for the rehearsal.

Iluvbertie 07-29-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 1294078)
I was thinking that too. I didn't see Charles or Camilla either. Where they there? Andrew did not appear to be there either, yet Edward and Sophie were. I thought perhaps it was going to be for the "younger Royals", but then saw Edward and Sophie and thought otherwise.

I imagine the other Royals, such as Duke and Duchess of Gloucester etc. will be at the service tomorow. I mean really, I heard on the news 400 people (or something to that effect) are attending tomorow, and who REALLY knows that many people without a large majority of it being made up of the extended Royal family.

Mike could easily have close to 200 people to invite simply from his rugby connections - each team has 15 players on the field at a time and there are usually at least that many again in the squad so 30 in the England squad and about another 20 or so in Gloucester who aren't in the England squad plus the support staff of say 10 and then add their partners and he is easily at 120 with no real effort. Given the closeness of the world cup I would expect most of the England squad to be there simply for team harmony - I know this sounds strange to some people but to not invite some of the team could lead to two camps within the team 6 weeks out from the World Cup.

They both would have a number of school friends - say 20 friends each with partners and your are at another 80.

Zara has a number of equestrian friends - say again about 30 with partners makes 60 and suddenly they are up to 260 without including friends made together and their own respective families. Zara will have at least 17 family members from her mother's side but then there is her father's side as well.

It soon adds up. 400 is seen as rather small in some circles these days.