The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Princess Beatrice of York 14: July 2011- December 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/princess-beatrice-of-york-14-july-2011-december-2013-a-31429.html)

wbenson 07-03-2011 03:26 PM

Princess Beatrice of York 14: July 2011- December 2013
 
Princess Beatrice of York 14


Arms of HRH Princess Beatrice of York

commencing July 2011

Part 13, which covers the period October 2009 to July 2011 can be found here.

Mirabel 07-09-2011 10:02 AM

Beatrice vacationing in St. Tropez with Dave Clark and other friends:

Princess Beatrice looks peachy in a light pink dress as she shops in St Tropez | Mail Online


She does love her hats!

iceflower 07-09-2011 10:22 AM

:previous:


More pics can be found here:


** zimbio/Bauer Griffin: Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark in St Tropez **

Irish Eyes 07-09-2011 11:36 AM

I realise Beatrice got her degree results, but does anyone know if there is a formal graduation ceremony for the students and their families?
I was just curious to know what the norm is in the UK.

sliver_bic 07-09-2011 03:27 PM

Yes. A graduation ceremony will happen sometime in the near feature. My girlfriend will be doing hers in a couple of weeks for her film degree.

Irish Eyes 07-09-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliver_bic (Post 1284011)
Yes. A graduation ceremony will happen sometime in the near feature. My girlfriend will be doing hers in a couple of weeks for her film degree.

Thank you very much for taking time to reply siver-bic, very kind of you.
I wonder will any of Beatrice's family attend?

sliver_bic 07-09-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Eyes (Post 1284033)
Thank you very much for taking time to reply siver-bic, very kind of you.
I wonder will any of Beatrice's family attend?

I wonder what the limit is on tickets. My lady's school only gives out two per graduate and it would probably cause a rot if the royals got anything more than what Beatrice's school mandated. I'd assume parents and sister if there are three tickets. If there are two, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Sarah and Eugenie.

rmay286 07-09-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliver_bic (Post 1284062)
I wonder what the limit is on tickets. My lady's school only gives out two per graduate and it would probably cause a rot if the royals got anything more than what Beatrice's school mandated. I'd assume parents and sister if there are three tickets. If there are two, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Sarah and Eugenie.

Huh - why would Andrew not come? I think it would be normal for the two parents to attend...divorced or not.

sliver_bic 07-09-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmay286 (Post 1284132)
Huh - why would Andrew not come? I think it would be normal for the two parents to attend...divorced or not.

I said it wouldn't surprise me. Both parents would work just as well.

Meadow 07-09-2011 11:14 PM

What about her boyfriend? Rumours are going around he is going to pop the question! They are on holiday together again. I would see Sarah showing up and Andrew if they only get two tickets and then maybe a celebration with David and Eugenie. Is David living with Beatrice? They have been together over 5 years....

4Pam 07-09-2011 11:47 PM

What's it mean when a graduate receive's a 2:1 degree in such-and-such subject? Here in the US we just say a Bachelor's of Art or Bachelor's of Science. If you graduate with honors you get a recognition like: magna or summa cum laude or just cum laude depending on how high your GPA.

helenbeee 07-10-2011 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1283874)
Beatrice vacationing in St. Tropez with Dave Clark and other friends:

Princess Beatrice looks peachy in a light pink dress as she shops in St Tropez | Mail Online


She does love her hats!

with her beautiful fair skin its probably good that she does like them. I think she looks really stylish here I love her sandals and if Im not mistaken Dave looks like he has also lost a bit of weight too.

Renata4711 07-10-2011 04:59 AM

4PAm - In the British system, a First is what everyone aspires to.
But a 2:1 is acceptable to most employers. My son got a 2:2, and it still got him a place in Scotland because he studied IT.

Nobody really wants to think about a Third....

HRHHermione 07-10-2011 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel
Beatrice vacationing in St. Tropez with Dave Clark and other friends:

Princess Beatrice looks peachy in a light pink dress as she shops in St Tropez | Mail Online

She does love her hats!

She's smart to wear them :) she's a pale skinned red head- too much sun would be awful for her. I'm glad to see she knows to wear a wide brimmed hat on the beach

4Pam 07-10-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata4711
4PAm - In the British system, a First is what everyone aspires to.
But a 2:1 is acceptable to most employers. My son got a 2:2, and it still got him a place in Scotland because he studied IT.

Nobody really wants to think about a Third....

Thank you Renata!!!

4Pam 07-10-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata4711
4PAm - In the British system, a First is what everyone aspires to.
But a 2:1 is acceptable to most employers. My son got a 2:2, and it still got him a place in Scotland because he studied IT.

Nobody really wants to think about a Third....

So the goal is a 1:1?

HighGoalHighDreams 07-10-2011 02:17 PM

The 2 is the only split level (2:1 and 2:2). There is no 1:1/1:2 or 3:1/3:2. The 2 was split because both 1 and 3 are very rare, so there needed to be something to distinguish those who fell in the large majority.

Sorry for continuing the deviation off topic!

iceflower 07-11-2011 02:19 AM

___________________


Beatrice lovely in green:


Princess Beatrice and boyfriend David Clark spend the day at Voile Rouge while
on holiday in the South of France, July 10, 2011.


** zimbio/bauer griffin gallery: Beatrice and Dave in Saint Tropez **


** Dailymail: Life's a beach for Princess Beatrice as she sets sail with boyfriend Dave **

Mermaid1962 07-11-2011 03:09 AM

That shade of green must be in style again, because Kate wore a dress in that shade in Canada. The last time I remember it being popular was in the late 80s.:smile:


Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1284857)


Mirabel 07-11-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 1284869)
That shade of green must be in style again, because Kate wore a dress in that shade in Canada. The last time I remember it being popular was in the late 80s.:smile:

I think it's fine; it's beachwear, after all. But most of the comments are really vicious. Where's all the hostility coming from?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises