The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   Prince Andrew, Duke of York current events 7: July 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f113/prince-andrew-duke-of-york-current-events-7-july-2011-a-31420.html)

Zonk 07-02-2011 11:12 PM

Prince Andrew, Duke of York current events 7: July 2011

Arms of HRH The Duke of York

Welcome to The Duke of York current events
part 7, commencing July 2011

Part 6, covering the period November 2009 to June 2010, can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-25534-34.html .

rmay286 07-05-2011 10:50 AM

In an article about William and Kate's visit to Yellowknife, one sentence mentions that Prince Andrew is planning to pay a private visit to Yellowknife later this summer. Interesting - as a Canadian, I'm happy that he still sees Canada as a favourite place to visit. I wonder what he will do in Yellowknife?

CTV Ottawa- Royals get warm welcome in Canada's North - CTV News

rmay286 07-05-2011 10:55 AM

On a less positive note: Duke of York Prince Andrew doubles his travel bill | Mail Online

kakieanne 07-05-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmay286 (Post 1281374)
In an article about William and Kate's visit to Yellowknife, one sentence mentions that Prince Andrew is planning to pay a private visit to Yellowknife later this summer. Interesting - as a Canadian, I'm happy that he still sees Canada as a favourite place to visit. I wonder what he will do in Yellowknife?

Years ago when Andrew and Sarah visited Canada, didn't they take some private time and vacation in Yellowknife? I seem to recall that they took a canoe trip.

rmay286 07-05-2011 12:46 PM

Yes, they did. I think Andrew had done some kind of wilderness excursion with his fellow students when he was a student at Lakefield College in Ontario, and he wanted to repeat the experience with Sarah. (According to her autobiography, the only thing she enjoyed about it was getting some alone time with Andrew!)

Irish Eyes 07-05-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmay286 (Post 1281374)

I just read this piece about Andrew's plans for his trip to Canada.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...love-boat.html

It sounds like he is revisiting happier times.

Mermaid1962 07-06-2011 11:54 PM

This article seems to have disappeared.:ermm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmay286 (Post 1281375)

Mermaid1962 07-06-2011 11:58 PM

I hope he remembers to pack the bug spray!:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Eyes (Post 1281736)
I just read this piece about Andrew's plans for his trip to Canada.

Prince Andrew heads back to his love boat | Mail Online

iceflower 07-07-2011 03:59 PM

The Duke of York leaving the George restaurant in Mayfair London, July 6:

** Pic **

Duke of Marmalade 07-14-2011 02:58 AM

Interesting article about Andrew and what will happen when Mummy's protective hand will be gone under King Charles.

The Trouble with Andrew | Society | Vanity Fair

Renata4711 07-14-2011 03:33 AM

There won't be a "King Charles". More likely he will be King George.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchical_ordinal

Meadow 07-14-2011 08:30 AM

I think things will change for Andrew when Charles gets more power. He does get away with alot because he is the Queens favourite. Sarah seems to be around more because of what she can still get out of him then love. The Palace have already said Beatrice and Eugenie won't be working royals so that dream for Andrew is over it won't change with Charles in charge. If he continues to cause problems in his role that too will go sooner rather then later. His recent spending on travel was ridicules even in a bad year he spent double that the queen and Charles did.

Mermaid1962 07-14-2011 04:10 PM

I noticed one glaring error in this article: The Queen didn't leave Sarah "penniless" after the York divorce.:ermm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1286417)
Interesting article about Andrew and what will happen when Mummy's protective hand will be gone under King Charles.

The Trouble with Andrew | Society | Vanity Fair

sliver_bic 07-14-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

With a profligate former wife and two coming-of-age daughters to support, according to an insider, Andrew has complained that it’s hard to make do on a yearly stipend of $408,000.
You live for free, don't pay for your expenses on your job and find it hard to live on 400K? I'll take a tenth, pay my own rent and smile.

HRH Princess Sonya 07-14-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliver_bic (Post 1286703)
You live for free, don't pay for your expenses on your job and find it hard to live on 400K? I'll take a tenth, pay my own rent and smile.

Give me 400k to live on with no expenses and all I would have to do is show up, be polite & smile for a few pictures......please you wouldn't hear a peep out of me.......You would just see me doing backwards handsprings to the bank & hope I don't break my neck in the process........just a little joke!!

Russophile 07-14-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata4711 (Post 1286420)
There won't be a "King Charles". More likely he will be King George.

Monarchical ordinal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How do you know? I think a King Charles III would be fine no matter the history. This modern generation doesn't know its history anyway so the negative implications are rather moot IMO.
I am also interested in King Charles III's take on his brother and What Andrew's role will be under the new Kingship--if any. However Russo can wait. She hopes HM lives for a long, long time yet!

Osipi 07-14-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russophile (Post 1286787)
How do you know? I think a King Charles III would be fine no matter the history. This modern generation doesn't know its history anyway so the negative implications are rather moot IMO.
I am also interested in King Charles III's take on his brother and What Andrew's role will be under the new Kingship--if any. However Russo can wait. She hopes HM lives for a long, long time yet!

I still like to think in ages in the future he'd be reflected on as Charles the Green. For me there's been too many Georges.

Zonk 07-14-2011 07:18 PM

What does any of this have to do with ANDREW's Current Events?

Princess of Durham 07-14-2011 07:20 PM

I have to agree. No more Georges for awhile yet. I think King Charles III sounds very nice and with all the other limitations/restrictions the royals have on names it's getting rather silly. It will be even more difficult for the poor school children of the future if they is yet another George so soon, IMO.

Osipi 07-14-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk (Post 1286799)
What does any of this have to do with ANDREW's Current Events?

<< retreats the the corner where the coffee and doughnuts are.