The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/princesses-beatrice-and-eugenies-fashion-and-style-part-3-june-2011-may-2012-a-31370.html)

iceflower 06-28-2011 06:17 AM

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

Welcome to Part 3 of the thread for the Fashion and Style of Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie of York!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 2: June 2010 - June 2011 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Lenora 07-05-2011 08:07 PM

DM has written an article about Beatrice immitating Chelsy Davy's style
Imitation is the sincerest flattery: The day Beatrice wore a replica Chelsy strip | Mail Online

Britters 07-05-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenora (Post 1281668)
DM has written an article about Beatrice immitating Chelsy Davy's style
Imitation is the sincerest flattery: The day Beatrice wore a replica Chelsy strip | Mail Online

Oh dear...Daily Mail is grasping at straws. It's highly unlikely that Chelsy was the first ever to team a white/cream blazer with an animal print dress...and Beatrice won't be the last to do so.

And I believe Beatrice and Eugenie have been pictured at the ISSA fashion shows. As early as 2007 or 2008 maybe? It's hardly taking a cue from Kate's book.... sheesh.

IloveCP 07-29-2011 05:33 PM

Here's what they wore at the pre-wedding event:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RFtjRBEXs7...bK4CZTa0cl.jpg

Sorry that it's not really clear.

princess gertrude 07-29-2011 05:36 PM

Not great and not bad. Nothing crazy with these two tonight.

Daria_S 07-29-2011 05:52 PM

I'm liking the colors of the dresses (especially the purple). Otherwise, nothing special.

Iluvbertie 07-29-2011 06:25 PM

They both seem to be wearing solid colours a lot lately and it suits them but that belt on Beatrice is over the top. A simple belt like Eugenie's would have been better.

CrownPrincess5 07-29-2011 07:02 PM

Eugenie looks nice from what I can see. Is there a close up of Beatrice?

Britters 07-29-2011 07:52 PM

I love the colors tonight. The bright pop of solids is refreshing. Unfortunately it probably means drab neutrals tomorrow.

I'm a fan of the styles for both girls as well. My only complaint is the butterfly belt.

MARG 07-29-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britters (Post 1294187)
My only complaint is the butterfly belt.

I loved it. It is the only vestige of her unique style that remains. :sad:

Meadow 07-29-2011 09:50 PM

I liked the colours of the dresses but agree about the belt. It was far too big. What they wear tomorrow will be interesting.

kakieanne 07-29-2011 11:04 PM

I strongly suspect that tomorrow we will all be discussing how absolutely fabulous Beatrice looked at the wedding. And her hat will probably be perfect. This is a girl who learns from her mistakes.

IloveCP 07-29-2011 11:09 PM

I hope Beatrice wont be wearing a scary hat!

Iluvbertie 07-29-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

I love the colors tonight. The bright pop of solids is refreshing. Unfortunately it probably means drab neutrals tomorrow.

I'm a fan of the styles for both girls as well. My only complaint is the butterfly belt.

I'm with you - a lovely outfit spoilt but typical Bea - she just doesn't get it and has to wear something silly all the time - which is a pity as she could look good but ...

MRSJ 07-29-2011 11:40 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UXjHz7cqKv...ife+-+Copy.jpg

A good pic of both outfits.....

rmay286 07-30-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Anybody remember this hat at Peter Phillips' wedding? Princess Beatrice Hats | Downtherabbithole10's Blog

Either Princess Beatrice really likes butterflies, or she's trying to make some kind of statement that she will wear what she wants to wear - or both.

Or maybe we'll see Beatrice wear something subdued tomorrow, and this is Beatrice's way of displaying her creative side without eclipsing the bride on her wedding day...

sndral 07-30-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakieanne (Post 1294283)
I strongly suspect that tomorrow we will all be discussing how absolutely fabulous Beatrice looked at the wedding. And her hat will probably be perfect. This is a girl who learns from her mistakes.

I too liked the dress, and I think she wore it before with a short jacket, which given the negative press her parents have garnered about their spendthrift ways wearing a repeat is a smart move on Bea's part. I am a bit concerned about tomorrows hat, never mind the mutant pretzel 4/29 - remember that flock of butterflies launching from her head at Peter's wedding?

MARG 07-30-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 1294313)
I am a bit concerned about tomorrows hat, never mind the mutant pretzel 4/29 - remember that flock of butterflies launching from her head at Peter's wedding?

What the wonderfully whimsical titfer? I adored it and look forward to something equally unique at this wedding

sndral 07-30-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1294315)
What the wonderfully whimsical titfer? I adored it and look forward to something equally unique at this wedding

Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly's Wedding | Celebrity Pictures | Marie Claire

W/ the belt today and the hat in '08. I'm guessing Beatrice likes butterflies.

BTW, titfer is a new word for me, don't think it's slang used so much in the US, either that or I'm hopelessly out of touch.

roseroyal 07-30-2011 01:38 AM

I love both outfits! Of the two Bea's is my fave- love the color and the belt. They both tie with Sophie for best dressed!