The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Albert and Princess Charlene (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/)
-   -   General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/general-news-and-information-prince-albert-and-princess-charlene-1-july-2011-feb-2012-a-31355.html)

iceflower 06-24-2011 02:50 AM

General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for General News & Information about Prince Albert and Princess Charlene!

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Bones 07-01-2011 10:53 PM

Not that it will matter for those who want to believe the worst no matter what anyone says, but Princess Charlene addressed the 'runaway bride' story this morning in an interview with Vogue saying:
Quote:

It is a shame that those rumors came at such a bad time, but I think they were timed to sabotage such a happy occasion. They are categorical lies. I won’t dignify them with any response other than to say that the photographs of me and Albert in love and getting married will speak louder than any vicious gossip and empty rumors.
The full article.

:monacoflag2::heart::southafricaflag:

Renata4711 07-02-2011 05:56 AM

Bones, thank you for this link ! Now we know why Charlene is so unfazed - it's the freezing swimming pool !

expat 07-02-2011 06:07 AM

Monaco is like one gorgeous enormous film set with the starring roles played by the Princes of the Rock, so "the show must go on" and why not?

Rosapru 07-02-2011 03:34 PM

Prince Albert of Monaco faces paternity test after wedding, officials confirm - Telegraph

Nico 07-02-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

just confirmed on BBC at the moment by Monaco Officials. Prince Albert faces paternity test just after the wedding. Third child aged less than 18 months. It's official and from Monaco court. The information has been blocked until the wedding. But it was true.
Not surprising at all ...

(...)

lancchick 07-02-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosapru (Post 1278656)
just confirmed on BBC at the moment by Monaco Officials. Prince Albert faces paternity test just after the wedding. Third child aged less than 18 months. It's official and from Monaco court. The information has been blocked until the wedding. But it was true.

Oh my Gosh! This is terrible news for Charlene. I hope she knew about this before sealing the deal. :ohmy:

BurberryBrit 07-02-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

There's never smoke without fire. I believed this would come out eventually.

ghost_night554 07-02-2011 03:40 PM

ugh awful news maybe the rumours of her fleeing were true after all poor Charlene anyways the day has been great just got done watching some highlights.

Charlotte_Aster 07-02-2011 03:40 PM

Oh dear.... What terrible news to get on your wedding day. Hope it gets better from this day on. :sad:

BurberryBrit 07-02-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1278678)
Oh my Gosh! This is terrible news for Charlene. I hope she knew about this before sealing the deal. :ohmy:

She knew. That is supposedly why she ran away and was stopped at the airport.

kbk 07-02-2011 03:45 PM

And this is all covered by the Catholic Church. What a hypocrisy. A meaningless show of self-adoration. Waste of money and time. I would not want to have such a Sovereign like Albert.

Mia_mae 07-02-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1278678)

That would explain the Runaway Bride thing. If true this will take all the magic I witness today.

Mirabel 07-02-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554 (Post 1278686)
ugh awful news maybe the rumours of her fleeing were true after all poor Charlene.

I always believed they were true, since a reputable paper stood by their story and had it confirmed by three separate sources.

Albert and Charlene should have said nothing; their denials just made things worse.

Bine221 07-02-2011 03:50 PM

And these news on your wedding day, oh my god. I feel soooo sorry for Charlene.... and congratulate her for her dignity facing these circumstances.
BYe Bine

RubyPrincess168 07-02-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

WOW! Surpising and yet not! Let's hope this is the last one and that Albert takes his marriage vows seriously. 'Forsaking all others' and 'Faithful only unto you' were in there right? No wonder Charlene wanted to bolt!

Lenora 07-02-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bine221 (Post 1278715)
And these news on your wedding day, oh my god. I feel soooo sorry for Charlene.... and congratulate her for her dignity facing these circumstances.
BYe Bine

Maybe that's the reason she was crying at a moment of her wedding.Maybe it's just a false rumour and Albert is not guilty at all

iceflower 07-02-2011 03:56 PM

I don't want to make any judgement, but to avoid any misunderstandings at his point: there has not been any
official announcement by the palace, the article mentions "anonymous officials" who spread the information.

Rosapru 07-02-2011 04:03 PM

sorry iceflower but for the BBC it is officials from the palace. It's on the cover page of the Telegraph which is not a tabloid. All this makes sense. The assignation from the lawyer which was finally not delivered to the Express (probably after Me Lacoste, Albert's lawyer, speaks with albert). and Stéphane Bern, in charge of the communication of the principality during the wedding and journalist on french television said it was too late to do a paternity test 3 days before the wedding.

Ducii 07-02-2011 04:05 PM

It is horrible even if he is not father of the children - the posibility he might be (he evidentely isn't sure if he accepted paternity test...) shows that he was not always faithful and surely won't be after wedding...